One Plus Two is Vaporware, Smoke and Mirrors

1. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    The forums are now flooding with posts by naive and eager fans, hoping to grab this sensational device, many hoodwinked into believing it will be available next month, some even going as far as to wonder "should I buy a new device now, or wait for the One Plus Two?".

For those who are wondering if they should wait, and for those who sit on pins & needles, awaiting the next big announcement (or intentional "leak"), here's my recommendation: take a long nap, wake up in about four months and THEN start wondering.

The reality: There will be no actual / physical device to purchase for at least 3-4 months and that's the best case. The worst case is, that we'll be lucky to see a physical product by mid or late November.

Of course, this post will receive a lot of spam/hate & flame, etc., but those people will be feeling stupid in September / October when new "announcements" are made, claiming the One Plus Two to be somewhere "right around the corner" (though I really wish I were the one feeling stupid by then).

For those who are really dieing to get this device, it's going to be a long long summer. For the few who know better, wake us up in 3-4 months and we'll see about trying for an invite, etc. at that time.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

2. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Jun 29, 2015

3. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    I won't need your invite, I'll be buying mine off the shelf (in China), as I usually do.

MrFingerIII, CmpMean, cyfix and 19 others like this.
  4. clayginn
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

clayginn , Jun 29, 2015 :
    I'm not think 3-4 months but mid September. Still will be nice to see what they put together. I am waiting on not only the OP2 but also the nexus, and Note. Just had a bad experience with Moto Support on Wife's phone so they're out.

asj0422 and tandu like this.
  5. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jun 29, 2015

6. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

LostPorcupine , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Not coming for a few months (esp when they haven't given a timeline) is not at all the same as vaporware or smoke and mirrors.
    You're probably right about everything you said, but your title is far too aggressive and gives the impression that you're saying the phone is just a fake.

101648, remedy, BillBauman and 10 others like this.
  7. Lecter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2015

8. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Late September would be 3 months, and that's a good estimate, but (I think) an optimistic one. Let's hope!

101648, imjaykay, rahulkeley and 2 others like this.
  9. ZdecydowanieTy
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2015

ZdecydowanieTy , Jun 29, 2015 :
    I see there are people who still thinks that OnePlus is a small start-up. You should wake up right now.

gorbuha, surfrndk, chashock and 2 others like this.
  10. gusuraman

superplus, mosesv26, SoniaB and 2 others like this.
  11. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

Some people here will always consider them a small startup. They're still small and don't have it together, but at this point they no longer have the "startup" excuse.

12. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    By "smoke and mirrors", I'm addressing the method by which One Plus doles out information & the fake "leaks", etc. ... pretending to unveil a new feature, step-by-step, when all they're really doing is trying to keep people interested (stringing them along) until they really do have an actual product for sale.

And it works. Look how many people still think it's going to be here next month, or that next month's "announcement" will be some kind of big, remarkable "reveal".

13. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

That I can see, definitely. Though I'll say that vaporware is still overkill; it had me coming in here expecting some kind of intriguing evidence that OnePlus is just trolling us all.

tandu and benluca like this.
  14. ------chandu
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

15. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Release on time? What is "on time"? When did you think it was going to be released? They are not "delaying" the release date, they don't even have a release date yet, and that's part of my point.

16. gusuraman

gusuraman , Jun 29, 2015 :
    So how can you be so certain that it will be 3 months? You have no elements to state that. Exactly as anyone else.

superplus likes this.
  17. ------chandu
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

------chandu , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Are you saying that they would just show people how the device looks like and the specs and make us wait for a couple of months more ??.......hmm

YoussefHelmy, benluca and gusuraman like this.
  18. primate1970
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2015

primate1970 , Jun 29, 2015 :

Just one question...
    Why are you here on this forum...?
    I know you will start blarting on about "your opinion"
    "mark my words " etc etc etc...
    What oneplus is doing is called" Marketing...! "

Every company does it weather it's Apple with its iPhone, iwatch or Audi with its latest whatever series in motor magazines...

There is no point to posts like this and is one of the reasons I don't come on here as much anymore..

This forum is just a shouting ground for trolls, haters and naysayers...

If I like the specs and prices of the next phone I will buy it, if not I will go elsewhere..

surfrndk, Tanush, btoom12 and 3 others like this.
  19. ------chandu
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

------chandu , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Besides I taught that the device is already in production
    I hope it releases soon ...
    Don't want to wait anymore

20. benluca
    KitKat Jun 29, 2015

benluca , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Nobody can be certain, because I don't think the company itself has a grasp on release date yet.