18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. Lenovo Vibe P1

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

choubeyaakash77 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I'm a student looking for a new phone and shortlisted my research to these two under my budget. OPX is I guess one of the low end phones of OP whereas Vibe comes as a high end,
    Here's the things that confuse me -

OnePlus X

General
    Dimensions (mm) :140.00 x 69.00 x 6.90
    Weight (g) :138.00
    Battery capacity (mAh) : 2525
    Colours : Onyx, Ceramic
    Display
    Screen size (inches) : 5.00
    Resolution : 1080x1920pixels
    Hardware

Processor : 2.3GHz quad-core
    Processor make : Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
    RAM : 3GB
    Internal storage :16GB

Lenovo Vibe P1

General
    Dimensions (mm): 152.90 x 75.60 x 9.90
    Weight (g) :189.00
    Battery capacity (mAh) : 5000
    Colours : Platinum, Graphite Grey, Gold

Display
    Screen size (inches) : 5.50
    Resolution : 1080x1920pixels
    Hardware
    Processor : 1.5GHz octa-core
    Processor make : Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
    RAM : 2GB
    Internal storage :32GB

OnePlus X has a far better performance with Snapdragon 801,3GB RAM and 2.3Ghz processor (quad-core). But it doesn't have much battery (just 2525mAh if I my data is right) and we know more performance is supposed to drain battery faster. It may even have a heating issue. The worst thing is I have two SIMs that I use and a 32GB micro SD.In OPX, I am supposed to choose between my second SIM and my microSD.

Lenovo Vibe P1 has less performance, Snapdragon 615,2GB RAM and 1.5Ghz processor (octa-core , How much different would it be from quad? Which will be faster?). It has a humongous 5000mAh battery life (they even give an option to charge other devices from it).It has a fingerprint sensor which I think OPX doesn't have. The internal storage here is 32GB, just the double of OPX with a separate microSD slot.

In my opinion Vibe would be a more like a durable phone with good enough features for normal people. OPX would be for those who want the best out of least price (talking about performance). And unfortunately, I am a bit of both. I got an invite yesterday at 11:11 p.m and am confused what to choose...need help and all opinions within 70 hrs that's left.

Thanks a lot for reading this thread (my first here). :D

2. saivarun12
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

saivarun12 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I would undoubtedly suggest everyone to go with Lenovo Vibe P1... based on price and features, it purely outrates the OPX....

3. ambivertguy
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2015

ambivertguy , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I haven't got much idea of how good Lenovo is in the smartphone market. A 5000mAh battery sounds badass though.
    I know for a fact OnePlus is good. Maybe not amazing to most, but definitely good. So I'll say OPX.

But it mostly depends on your usage. How and what are you going to use the phone for mostly?
    I personally don't see why any phone would ever need 8 cores. About battery, however badass 5000 mAh may sound, do you need it? I have first hand experience with a Moto G3 which has around 2400 mAh battery and if you can manage to charge your phone to 100% in the morning it will pull through the better part of the day without trouble for a daily (non-heavy) user. So a 2525 mAh also should be able to do the same. Even if you end up using it a lot on some day, charging it for about 30 minutes during the day will do the trick to keep it alive for the day. Additionally, the dark theme, AMOLED display will all slightly help improve the battery performance and doze (when Marshmallow update starts rolling out) will drastically improve the hours on the battery.
    Coming to SIM cards. Are you ready to let go of one sim? Because though it says 16GB, you'd have about 10GB available when you get the phone and that won't last long. An SD card is almost compulsory. Also, using two SIMs will take a toll on the battery.
    Fingerprint sensor is again an added plus if you have it but not a loss if you don't have it. Right now, all it does is unlock your phone and that is pretty simple even without the sensor. Maybe it will be useful in Android Pay if you're somewhere where Android Pay works but not much functionality with it right now.

4. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Oct 29, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Why wouldn't you buy a ZUK and call it a day? Premium specs and a $299 price tag. Also, look at le s1, if you want a cheap phone with good specs.

Hannz likes this.
  5. SurajHp
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2015

6. swizl
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

swizl , Nov 3, 2015 :
    What people often seam to forget is that not every device is available in every market (Asia, EU, NA...)

mwayner likes this.
  7. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2015

8. Hannz
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2015

Hannz , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I'm actually leaning towards the Zuk. I'm still gonna wait for Oneplus X reviews to come out, tho.

9. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    If someone is choosing between between One Plus X and Lenovo Vibe P1, it obviously means that either Chinese variants of phones or international variants of the same devices will work in his or her area.

10. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2015

choubeyaakash77 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Still didn't get a clear answer...claimed the invite though. Maybe I can get a powerbank to use with my OPX. :)

11. ridingwithyz
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

ridingwithyz , Nov 3, 2015 :
    How much it costs to get to your hands? I don't know if Lenovo is good at their OS. That maybe a concern, it's not all about specs after all.

12. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

13. savar91
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

savar91 , Nov 4, 2015 :
    the vibe UI launcher on can be changed to Android launcher in settings.Atleast it is there in Vibe p1m

14. savar91
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

15. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

choubeyaakash77 , Nov 4, 2015 :
    Hey bro, I think better go with OPX if a smaller screen and absence of a fingerprint scanner doesn't bother you. Cuz you know what, you can always get a power bank to solve battery issues on the go and get a microSD with more storage if that bothers you. I am gonna believe that.. :)

16. Debajyoti Pal
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2015

Debajyoti Pal , Nov 5, 2015 :
    You should take another phone into consideration. Its Xiaomi Mi4. Thats also a beast in the same price segment....

17. choubeyaakash77
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015