One unpaid review about OnePlus 5T.

1. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Subhajit Hajra, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Wish OnePlus has a physical store.
    Unfortunately I don't get to use those reviewer units that those paid reviewers get before the release.

MarcioReis87 likes this.
  2. Rizla Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

Rizla, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I dont think anyone is offended. Everyone here most likely owns a oneplus device so we're all fans of whatever phone in the range we own. Locking out the majority of users from a discussion because they're fans of their phone doesn't make it a fair discussion no matter what way you look at it.

Posting a video (which I've not watched btw) of someone talking about how oneplus manipulates things to get good reviews isn't going to end well. You knew this yourself when you tried to exclude the majority. I believe other manufacturers also manipulate things to get good reviews, I think Samsung got caught out at one point and you just need to look at the apple situation right now were they are manipulating all the old devices to run slower to get these people to buy newer devices, now that's a scandal. It happens not just with phones, look at the Volkswagen debacle from a few years ago. Yes there are probably some overzealous fans here but they have a right to stick up for their device also.

Anyway I'll let you all crack on with your discussion

3. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

aakashsood, Jan 12, 2018 :
    They do have physical stores. So much for a reasonable and informed man, eh?

4. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Please see the video.It not about bashing OnePlus.

h_kashyap and Rizla like this.
  5. Rizla Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

Rizla, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I'll watch it shortly.

Subhajit Hajra likes this.
  6. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

I dont get to see one.Not within my radius.

7. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

So let's assume it doesn't exist.

hotshot007 likes this.
  8. Vguima98 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Vguima98, Jan 12, 2018 :
    the thing is: Most OnePlus hater's never had a OnePlus device before.

9. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

If you belong from India it doesn't even matter if it has one or two.
    It is almost non-existent.
    The point is not having one or two physical store.Its about potential buyers can see and check the device before buying.

10. MentalDraco KitKat Jan 12, 2018

MentalDraco, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I believe that they are available in some places, not sure as here where I am only retailers carry them and usually they don't end up in the showroom. But that matters little since the little time you spend with it in a showroom environment dose not give you a proper idea about whether you like the device or not, just a initial idea if you like the size, shape, material and the initial impression of the UI.

Subhajit Hajra and aakashsood like this.
  11. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

For that they have pop-ups at the time of launch and days after that too. Were you in hibernation when 5T was launched?

hotshot007 likes this.
  12. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

What is the definition of OnePlus hater?
    I think it is not "one who doesn't criticize".

13. BrainsCollector Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

BrainsCollector, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I was using LG G6 and Huawei p10 before OP5T, and between all other phones I could test for few minutes, nothing excited me like op5t. I remember when i first saw it in O2 store, it was completely different from other phones and that's why I'm using it right now and I don't have need to change it until op6t will come out or pixel 2xl price will drop to 450£.
    So as said, I could test op5t in store (Scotland, probably it's in every O2 store in UK) so for me when I could touch it and check if it's as good as described just made me order this phone few days later.

14. Vguima98 Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Vguima98, Jan 12, 2018 :
    sorry didn't understand what you've said

15. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

I didn't knew it and it didn't happens within 200 kms where I reside.You Don't expect to fly to Delhi to check out a phone which I may or may not buy.

16. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

*Know it. Always use first form of tense with did.
    Also, pop-ups were in many places not only limited to Delhi.

17. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Jan 12, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 12, 2018 :
    And no one is born a fanboy. The logic goes both ways.

Amjad Siddiqi and Subhajit Hajra like this.
  18. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

Yeah my mistake.I didn't intend to do it .But Autocorrect did.Doesnt matter though.That is what you do.To prove /disprove something you come down to english grammar, which may not be everyone's native language here.Though I will careful from now on and will check for grammatical mistakes before posting.
    Thanks for correcting me though.

Ph3NoM and 398Nihal like this.
  19. dsmonteiro The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Community Expert Jan 12, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 12, 2018 :
    You should really only talk about what you know, rather just guessing how things work.

I won the Lab reviewing contest and at any moment did OnePlus try to steer my review. The only thing that was asked of me was to be honest. I would get to keep the phone regardless of the contents of the review.

I was not paid in any way to say good things about OnePlus. Nor were the other reviewers.

20. sukamaldas Eclair Jan 12, 2018

sukamaldas, Jan 12, 2018 :
    interesting argument. i havent seen the video either but by going through the comments i got the summary of what it could be about.
    no phone is perfect and so oneplus phones are also not. but we here buy it for value of money they provide within their price bracket. since now i have used all oneplus devices till 3t. i m still using my 3t and i love it. recent software updates ruined my experience a lot but same time it was me wanted to hand on newest software present rather waiting for stable version. as said i have owned all phones till 3t which basically means i have owned oneplus 2 as well, which everyone knows how it was.
    i had also own Samsung's note series too as my secondary phone, including the atom bomb one which got replaced by s8. the price range in which i could have easily owned 2 oneplus devices they arent perfect either with hardly any software updates on older device and slow updates on new one.

summary: oneplus phone ain't perfect so do other brands phone out their.