One vs. S5 (Infographic) - Share your thoughts!

1. krisyuen
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

krisyuen , Apr 27, 2014 :
    [報價=“靈光,郵編:40595,會員:920”] [ATTACH =滿] 2166 [/ ATTACH]了[/ quote]
    這麼好有什麼用,不知道等到什麼時候才可以
    享受一加一手機帶來的驚喜!

2. bigdogbeau
    Donut Apr 27, 2014

bigdogbeau , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Not necessarily.

3. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

pixelbat , Apr 27, 2014 :
    This infographic if you want to call it that (which it's not, since infographics contain charts, graphs, illustrations, and stylized text to convey the message) seems to be missing some features of the S5.

- expandable memory up to 128 GB
    - wireless charging
    - barometer
    - gesture sensor
    - step counter
    - pedometer
    - SRGB sensor
    - hall sensor (front magnetic sensor to turn off display/sleep with accessories)
    - HDMI out via connector
    - IP67 certified for dust and water resistance
    - USB 3.0
    - fingerprint scanner
    - removable battery
    - IR blaster
    - Miracast
    - MIDP java emulation
    - pixel density of 432 ppi
    - MIMO (multi-input multi-output, essentially 2 WiFi antennas)
    - 1/2.6" camera sensor (which is larger then the OPO sensor)
    - 32GB storage option available in some locations
    - Earbuds w/ inline mic/remote included
    - Experienced and trusted company, not taking a gamble buying from a startup
    - Tons of Samsung and third party accessories
    - Available

I'm sorry but were you folks trying to make a point listing off features? Because you really only listed off the basics, which is unfortunately where the OPO stops short. I'm also assuming you bolded what you felt was the better of the two phones?

- The memory increase will be negligible, and CyanogenMod is extremely efficient at managing memory, the extra gigabyte of memory is actually most likely unnecessary.

- It's widely accepted that the Super AMOLED display is overall better, with richer color saturation, blacker blacks, wider viewing angles, and less power consumption. Also for many the 5.5 inch display is just too damn big.

- The S5 has a larger camera sensor and higher megapixel count. You could argue that with a bigger aperture the OPO will allow more light in, but the difference is small, and without comparing test shots, that is kind of hard to call a win.

- Battery is slightly larger, but bigger battery doesn't always mean better. It's going to rely a lot on software optimization. The Galaxy S5 also has a removable battery, so uhhh, pop another one in if you need more juice, or buy a larger aftermarket battery. Amazon has 4300 mAh batteries for the S5 for $6.

- Although the default configuration has 16GB storage (32GB available in some locations), it has a micro SD slot supporting cards up to 128GB, so if storage is a necessity of the user, they can expand at their desire.

- How is not having a heartrate sensor better than having one? /facepalm

- OS choice is really subjective, you can't say one is better or worse, it really depends on the user's preference. However I guess if a Galaxy S5 user really wanted too, they could put CyanogenMod on their phone.

This sort of "infographic" just illustrates how pathetic and amateur your marketing team is. If you want to display how awesome your phone is, go for it, show us, but don't turn it into a negative campaign slamming other phones and companies with just absolute bullshit, you really just make yourself look stupid. I get this cheesy infomercial vibe when I see any of your marketing and claims... like you think we're ******* idiots or something.
    [​IMG]

If you're looking for a marketing pro, I'm available for a price. Just sayin. Stay small OnePlus!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014

4. shussain5721
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

5. Deactivated User
    Apr 27, 2014

6. zkalang
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2014

zkalang , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Even if Samsungs prices drop, for a brand new Samsung the prices would still be higher than a new OPO

7. brirky
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

brirky , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I prefer OPO instead S5. Samsung fulfills a good hardware with annoying software...

8. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

People also laughed at Apple when they were one of the first to incorporate a front facing camera. I kind of also recall the iPad being scoffed at by people too ("oh niche product, tablets won't catch on")... Just because something might seem dumb to you now, may find to be good utility to others, and even become a standard thing later on.

9. paull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2014

paull , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Forget S5 thats some overpriced crap why do I wanna measure my heart rate or even scan my fingerprint which I can type my password or swipe down as usual faster than it.

10. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

The majority of people in the United States who buy an S5 are trading up old phones and getting it subsidized by the carrier. So they are paying like $200 or less. Since OPO is most likely not going to be sold by any carriers you have to buy it direct.

11. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Man you're an idiot, and the exact person OPO is marketing too. You realize a finger print scanner is a form of both securing your phone stronger than a password and unlocking it at the same time in a split second? Ok, maybe you don't need that feature, but what you just said is /facepalm worthy.

12. paull

paull , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Its pathetic though, if your clever enough you would know that the iPhone 5s and S5 fingerprint scanners have both been bypassed by some clever tricks heres a vid thats why their shyte soo..

So fast and secure right? dont think so...

13. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

I guess when someone gets around to making a wood glue mold spoof of your fingerprint without you noticing "UNDER LAB CONDITIONS" they might be able to then hack into your phone. A couple things to point out... comments were disabled on that video when people started questioning the validity of this video. Why is the person setting the fingerprint also the same person testing the hack. Why wasn't another person used to demonstrate the hack?

Regardless, it would require a set of conditions to hack anyones fingerprint this way, and without them noticing. Not likely happening unless you physically lose your phone, and even then, still pretty unlikely.

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. timmy-k
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

timmy-k , Apr 27, 2014 :
    1+1 is clearly "better" but the cam could have been stocked up.

And long time use will show if the 1+1 has a good processing stability.

15. fitaqu
    Eclair Apr 27, 2014

16. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

Uh huh... I'm sure they'll be swimming in capital from those razor thin margins to provide the absolute best support and service, and expand operations quickly to make better products /sarcasm.

17. swiss_stone
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

swiss_stone , Apr 27, 2014 :
    +1

18. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2014

19. rafad81

JZabala likes this.
  20. rafad81

JZabala likes this.