One vs. Z2 (Infographic) - Share your thoughts!

?

OnePlus One vs Sony Xperia Z2

1. Z2

22.8%
  2. One

86.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aklc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

aklc , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I think your concern should be when will you get OPO :)
    But if you can hold off, just hold off a little longer. Knowing how these retention works, they are trying to get rid of the older phones because the newer ones are coming down. I don't want to see you agreeing to a Z2 and then 2 months later Z3, Note4, iphone6, Nexus6 all showed up in the market.

2. nihar11
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

nihar11 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Then in your opinion what u will prefer. Have an HTC r OPO

3. BrownManPlusOne
    Donut Aug 10, 2014

BrownManPlusOne , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Haha this is true. Now is the great debate: better and newer phones versus cheaper plans? Damn, being Canadian is brutal for times like this.

4. EXTREMED3ATH
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

EXTREMED3ATH , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Hey!

Recently I bought both of these devices, the Z2 for me, and the one for my brother. He thinks the one is way better than the z2 in all matters, and fails to see that the Z2 is a more premium device, has a better (back) camera, supports expandable storage, and is waterproof. Obviously, the OnePlus is a great decision for the money, but what would you pick if both were priced the same?

Thanks!

P.S I support the OnePlus, not here to flame or hate. Its pretty freaking awesome... but the Z2 is a better overall device. No offense OnePlus, but seeing that your on a tight budget, you've done an excellent job. :)

I love how this guy says it...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

5. wkdandpf12
    Donut Aug 11, 2014

a vehicle likes this.
  6. dbanez25
    KitKat Aug 11, 2014

dbanez25 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    the only advantage of z2 over the one is premium build and water resistance.

7. EXTREMED3ATH
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

...not to mention the expandable storage, better camera. What clear advantage does the Oneplus hold against the z2. Except for the price.

Maddizm and DerangedPineapple like this.
  8. dbanez25
    KitKat Aug 11, 2014

dbanez25 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    bigger screen, faster cpu, os, price, better front cam (for selfie....lol).

djsass likes this.
  9. nikunj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

10. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Z2 I agree is more premium and waterproof for those wet moments.

Camera even though is 20.7MP reviewers haven't been saying good things.

11. Paul Emico
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

12. gurugraptor
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

gurugraptor , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I can buy two OPO phones for the price of one Z2 :)

Except for the waterproofing I67 capability I don't think Z2 is worth for that much money.

13. MagicMagicD
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

MagicMagicD , Aug 11, 2014 :
    As a long-time Sony (Ericsson) owner, I'd say your brother got the better end of the deal to be honest.

Sony are trying too hard to be Apple or Samsung, but they're not sure which. They expected their flagships would sell like hotcakes and their many mid-range offerings to be very popular. As it turned out neither have happened so now they're decided to drop the mid-range and focus on the "premium" end.

It'll be a sad day but given how many markets they've pulled out of recently, I wouldn't be surprised if mobile was the next...

14. EXTREMED3ATH
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

OS... Thats a good point. But CM is supported on the Z2 as well. Bigger screen isn't really a good thing for me. I tend to stay near lower 5 inch. Feels comfortable. The faster CPU? 200 MHZ. Will that really show a performance improvement in reality? You got me on the front cam though... :)

P.S I ruled out price.

15. EXTREMED3ATH
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

"what would you pick if both were priced that same." I'm pretty sure thats what I said. :)

16. JustSkilled
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

JustSkilled , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Tbh I would get the OPO if the screen issue wasn't there. As long as this exists, Z2 all the way. (mom got it here.)

17. vjuricic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

vjuricic , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I agree but also advantage is you can use your warranty without problem. With OnePlus you depend on origin country and shipping to destination like China or some nearer country. :)

18. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2014

guanyu210379 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I have a Z2 smartphone at home, I chose it for my aunt, and I am currently using 1+1 as my daily driver along with my Z2 tablet.

Z2 is better than 1+1 in my opinion, if price is not a problem for you.
    It has a lot better build quality, microSD slot, active noise cancellation (only with special earphone) and better camera..and..one of best parts is that, it is waterproof (IP58).
    Sony Z2 software is also very good (not as customizable as CM), it is stable, smooth and has very few bloatwares.
    and..the real highlight is...Z2 can be bought at any time..no invite is needed :)

Edit:
    deleted the infra red blaster on Z2 smartphone. I kinda got mixed up between those two. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

19. djsass
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

djsass , Aug 11, 2014 :
    List of current overused phrases:

"Daily Driver"
    " YMMV"
    "1-4-3"

That's all I got for now...

20. frenchd3
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

frenchd3 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Personally I like the one plus way better since it is harder to get and less people have it all around

EXTREMED3ATH and nizket like this.