One week with the one after years with an iphone

1. makavelli
    Eclair Dec 15, 2014

makavelli , Dec 15, 2014 :
    To those who have been reading the reviews, and thinking about buying this phone, but that are still scared just because it doesn't come from one of the "name" companies, I would say go for it. I was the same way, loved the reviews, watched a ton of them and read just as many, but was still just a little scared that it was a new company. I Have now had my One for a week, and I can not say one bad thing about it. Only thing I had to do was have the imei or whatever fixed at att. The size of the phone does take some getting used to when typing, still it feels so slim in your pocket that it is surprising.

I have lte it says on my reception, call quality is great. My data speed is better than my iphone was, and its not even close I'd say on the speed for some reason. Granted I'm coming from a 4s. Wifi signal is very strong as well. I have started turning my wifi off when not at home because I was getting notifications that a network was available while driving down the road. I have had zero crashes in the week since I started using it, and can not come up with a difference between it and any phone I've had in the past except it seems way faster, and just better in every way so far. I live in arkansas, in a bit of a rural area, and get great reception. Web pages load incredibly fast, game play is great. The speakers are great. The touch screen is great, gestures work great, I haven't had anything activate in my pocket like I had read about. Nowhere does this phone seem to cut corners. If you were doing a test and didn't know who made this you would think it was the next great android phone that would cost an arm and a leg.

My only gripe on the phone, and it is a small one, really isn't even about the phone. The text automatic corrections do not seem as active as they did on my iphone. Where sometimes I would be cursing my iphone for changing words I didn't want changed, this is almost the opposite, I wish it would be more aggressive in its corrections, and have changed to hyper aggressive text correction.

To people coming from an iphone IOS, yes it is different, but in a good way. I had to play around with it to get use to it, but honestly there is not that big of a learning curve. I would definitely recommend this to someone coming from an iphone. Switching from ios to the one was great, I am in love with my phone. After a couple of days playing around with the phone I have gotten use to all the differences between ios and android and would say I now prefer the android Cyanogen experience. Not having to use itunes anymore is nice.

I rambled more than intended, but just wanted to tell people who are scared to switch from an iphone, or who are scared of a new company, make the switch. I did and have no complaints only smiles.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

ohamn, dynaguy, Tricia24 and 10 others like this.
  2. anayahiren
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2014

3. carbine30
    Marshmallow Dec 15, 2014

TheCount likes this.
  4. BlaHBlaH525
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

5. laanrobe
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

laanrobe , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Great feedback, no need to be scared to change from iOS to Android. In general I believe it is more common for people to switch from iOS to Android than the other way around, do you agree? Once you have experienced the freedom of Android it is difficult to go back... ;)

6. tomas.belchior
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

tomas.belchior , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Definitely helps answer questions many people have when switching!

7. GermanHeffalump
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2014

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

8. full1993
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

Birdchop likes this.
  9. Birdchop
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2014

Birdchop , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Ah, an iPhone user not griping over how Android OS sucks on OPO Forums? :rolleyes: +1

10. clarkelad
    Honeycomb Dec 15, 2014

11. fgaurano

fgaurano , Dec 15, 2014 :
    You could change the aggressiveness of the auto-correction in the settings.

12. makavelli
    Eclair Dec 15, 2014

13. dralways
    Eclair Dec 15, 2014

dralways , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Download SwiftKey from the play store, you'll love that keyboard over stock or CM!

onirikon and Skwij like this.
  14. Conor Lombard
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2014

Conor Lombard , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I know this is not the best place to ask but i was wondering if there was anyone with a spare invite code available as I recently broke my friends One and was looking to buy him a replacement to say sorry.
    Unfortunatly the invite system is back up and I am forced to beg people on the forums for an invite.
    It would mean the world to me if someone could reply with an invite code or even some suggestions on where to get the codes.
    Thanks for reading.

15. blur13
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2014

16. ambrosic
    Eclair Dec 15, 2014

17. M4ENY
    KitKat Dec 15, 2014

M4ENY , Dec 15, 2014 :
    As a fellow OPO owner who also jumped ship from iPhone 4s about a month and a half ago.
    I love the phone overall but it has its own issues compared to the iPhone.
    Stability is definitely no where near good (random reboot and random flickering lines) camera is OK. Not really an upgrade or downgrade but with iPhone I definitely had better hit and miss ratio.

As for the size done worry too much about getting used to it. Once you use the OPO for a while and then go back to iPhone you will think it's a toy (not in a good way)

18. Moodsy
    Froyo Dec 15, 2014

Moodsy , Dec 15, 2014 :
    I'm hoping I can do the same. My 4S just crapped out on me, and I'm pretty much done with Apple stuff. Not to big on their software updates and all.

19. makavelli
    Eclair Dec 15, 2014

makavelli , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Yes at&t. I am getting as good or better reception as I was getting with my other phone.

20. j244

j244 , Dec 15, 2014 :
    My friend thinks your friend is actually just you.