Oneaplus 8T (KB2001) 5G is not working even there is no option U.A.E via OnePlus 8T

1. wsabbgh
    Eclair Aug 19, 2021

wsabbgh , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 19, 2021 :
    to be honest this is shame on oneplus .
    this is the 2nd oneplus i have after 8 Pro .
    and both phone 5G is not working .
    i need the solution now , why all other brand are working well here except the Oneplus .

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021

Davey_P1 likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 19, 2021 :
    This is a workaround. If it works, you will have to apply these settings again each time you restart the phone.

You must have an existing 5G plan with your mobile network provider. You can possibly enable 5G:
    1) Open Dialer App.
    2) Type *#*#4636#*#*
    3) Tap on Phone information
    4) Select NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA.
    5) You may now be able to use 5G.

Ensure you have checked that your Mobile Network provider can provision your phone on their 5G Network.

Tokolozi and Shailender Sharma like this.
  3. deepakmohank
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2021

Davey_P1 likes this.
  4. wsabbgh
    Eclair Aug 19, 2021

i have searched i have seen a lot , but doesn't wrok.
    if you can help me with video link for step's will be thankful .

5. wsabbgh
    Eclair Aug 19, 2021

QPST. cant see my phone 😞

6. deepakmohank
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2021

deepakmohank , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 19, 2021 :
    You have to install Engineermode apk then use *#801# to enable it. For phone detection issues check whether you've installed necessary Qualcomm and OnePlus drivers. Try using USB 2.0 ports instead of USB 3.0 (Blue). You can also check with different USB cable. Some third-party cables may not detect Qualcomm modes. It won't work in Mac or Linux fyi.

wsabbgh likes this.
  7. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 19, 2021 :
    Try this app and see if it can help.
    This is a workaround. If it works, you will have to Apply these settings again each time you Restart the phone.

This App does the same as the manual procedure previously stated, and is known to work on the Nord 2 with ColorOS codebase as well as other OnePlus phones. But it may depend on your Network provider..
    ⚡You must have an existing 5G plan with your mobile network provider. ⚡
    5G Switch - Force 5G
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sladjan.sava.petg

wsabbgh likes this.
  8. Davey_P1
    Donut Aug 20, 2021

Davey_P1 , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 20, 2021 :
    To be be fair to the original poster they should not have to refer to XDA to identify a solution. That said I do appreciate that this has helped many users.
    OnePlus need to resolve this promptly and ensure that all websites and Marketing material confirm the on which 5G will work. This way all potential customers will be aware in advance of spending their money
    Out of interest could you share one definitive link from OnePlus Co firming the situation?

Aashish.007 and wsabbgh like this.
  9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 20, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 20, 2021 :
    When purchasing, from UK, anyway, you have the option to select Carrier Compatibility as per the images below. Select the down arrow to the left of United Kingdom and it will bring up a list of countries to choose from. Not sure what displays on other regional websites.

1629461584290.jpg

1629461584329.jpg

wsabbgh likes this.
  10. Davey_P1
    Donut Aug 20, 2021

Davey_P1 , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Thank you for sharing that. I actually purchased my own phone from Amazon, and there is not references to compatibility there. I followed you steps and indeed can see it for my region as well.

5star02707, wsabbgh and Caomhin like this.
  11. wsabbgh
    Eclair Aug 22, 2021

wsabbgh , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 22, 2021 :
    Thank you
    i have tried almost same way , 5G working but still not showing in Device settings .

12. Katerina_Felis
    Donut Aug 23, 2021

Katerina_Felis , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 23, 2021 :
    Here in Greece, I was told (in April) that even though carriers provide 5g it depends on when it will be activated for one plus phones. I hope that helps somehow.

Davey_P1 and Shaun_the_sheep like this.
  13. boscosoans
    Eclair Sep 3, 2021

boscosoans , Sep 3, 2021 :
    I would like to understand why do you presume everyone is as techy as you are? People buy devices to have them function as intended, with features advertised, out of the box.

Davey_P1 likes this.
  14. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 3, 2021

pablofg1978 , Sep 3, 2021 :
    The thing is that the device was not "intended" to work on that country.
    Is up to the user to verify the compatibility of the device that they buy from a third party seller to be used on a unsupported Country by OnePlus.
    At last, the device will work perfectly fine up to 4g, to work on 5g the device must be certified by the carrier.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. boscosoans
    Eclair Sep 3, 2021

boscosoans , Sep 3, 2021 :
    Seems like this is contradicting as Oneplus devices are sold unlocked so if there is any band supported on the device, in any country, it should work. If the device works in Qatar, it should work in the UAE (on 5G). The other issue we have is where the network selection is not available in the list - is a device issue, not a carrier one. This is so very surprising with newer OnePlus devices where 5GHz bands on auto frequency are not supported and then this. I still use a 5T - none of these issues exist.

16. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 4, 2021

pablofg1978 , Sep 4, 2021 :
    The key word is "should". Yes, devices are unlocked (it meand that oneplus does not restrict the use to any particular carrier), so why does not work? It does not work because carriers needs to certificate each device to be able to use 5G (kind of same what happened years ago with 4G), by this, they are allowing prety much only the devices that they sell to work (plus some other one that they surely are not aware). Also, your oneplus device works well on 4G, it meand that is not locked. It it would be locked, it would be a paper weight.
    About the "network" selection (5G), since the device does not found any compatible network to work, it does not show it, same happens with VOLTE and VOWIFI. What difference it makes to show it if it wont connect anyway??
    The 5t does not have 5G, so is kind of obvious that you wont have any 5G related issues.
    In 2014 when I had my OPO, there was no carrier supporting 4G in my country, in 2015, when the 4G network started, my device had the propper bands, but it does not connect it, why? Because carriers asked you to pay more for use it, they blocked all the devices that does not pay more, so this king of blocks are well know by the carrier.
    Even now, in 2021 I cant use VOLTE on my carrier, I been asking them since 2016 with my 3T to enable it, but they keep saying that my device does not have VOLTE, which is a lie.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021

boscosoans and Caomhin like this.