OnePlus 10 Pro Disappointment in US via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. [email protected] , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 1, 2022 :
    So, signed up for the preorder of the OnePlus 10 Pro in the US only to find out the US version will have 8GB RAM and only 128GB storage versus the UK having 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. I have the OnePlus 8 pro and having a hard time justifying upgrading to something 2 years newer with significantly less capability. I get the processor is better in the 10, but why is the US not getting the same one as the UK?

Couldn't find anything online explaining why the disparity and whether the is will eventually get the same one.

dreisus likes this.
  2. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Apr 1, 2022

Tokolozi , Apr 1, 2022 :
    Probably best to ask TMobile. As they are the ones shaping the US market for OnePlus.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. ABoyandHisDog , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Apr 2, 2022 :
    Yeah, Screw That pooch! I'll just buy a Refurbished or mint condition 9 pro 12/256
    For $500 +/– (almost half the price) and I bet the benchmark for the 10pro isn't significant enough to make a crushing difference.

Good to know what they think of The United States customers.
    I guess we aren't worthy enough to have access to the Top of the line gear!

[email protected] likes this.
  4. weswisehart
    Cupcake May 19, 2022

weswisehart , May 19, 2022 :
    Is there a difference other than 8/128 & 12/256? Why not buy the global version if it the same?

5. [email protected] , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2022 :
    I would actually buy the global version if it was available in the US. I don't care about T-Mobile as I use Google Fi. If you know how to get it in the US, I'm all ears.

6. weswisehart
    Cupcake May 28, 2022

[email protected] likes this.
  7. [email protected] , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2022 :
    Thanks... Couldn't find that one unless I actually typed in 2213. Anyway, it says it will not work on Sprint, which Google Fi rides Sprint networks. However, I made a couple calls and did some research and that all changed this month.

The NE2213, is the global version that only works on GSM and the NE2115 is the US version that does GSM and CDMA. TMobile bought Sprint and they are merging. That means Sprint is shutting down its CDMA network by 31 May and switching completely over to GSM.

Long story short, the NE2213 had been confirmed to work on TMobile networks, which means it should work with Sprint, which means it should work with Google Fi. Google tech support confirmed the above compatibility with their service.

So... Thanks for the link. Once I get it and activate it and confirm it works, I'll let y'all know.

Emarrerodiaz and weswisehart like this.
  8. weswisehart
    Cupcake May 28, 2022

9. Emarrerodiaz
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2022

Emarrerodiaz , Jun 15, 2022 :
    Me too. I'll pull the trigger if it works on TMobile.