OnePlus 2.0 - The Next Step of Our Journey

1. P1632173717096
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2021

P1632173717096 , Sep 20, 2021 :
    Oppo and oneplus employees: We have 2 different devices for different target audiences

Pete: I will make one from two different devices but with a different name.

For whom and why is this all done if the overwhelming majority of OnePlus fans are unhappy. The only thing that can explain this is saving money and, in principle, everyone has already seen the news that the state has been seriously reduced.

Will OnePlus retain the standard Google applications (calculator, alarm clock, contacts) or will they be replaced by their own, as is done in colorOs?

And as already written here what is the point of buying oneplus now if you can buy oppo

AshwinK0 and Navneet1975 like this.
  2. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 20, 2021

Aaron2017, Overzee, rhyd1am and 2 others like this.
  3. P1632173717096
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2021

P1632173717096 , Sep 20, 2021 :
    I have a better idea why stop only at software merge? let's combine two brands into one and there will be OneOppo

Robert Uszok and G.Madhusudhan like this.
  4. kulmanferdi
    Froyo Sep 20, 2021

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022

AshwinK0 and G.Madhusudhan like this.
  5. samg055
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2021

samg055 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 20, 2021 :
    Feel very much the same at the moment. I bought my OnePlus 9 Pro because of my OxygenOS experience on the 6T and 7T Pro. Just going to have to wait and see if the new software is more forwards OxygenOS or ColorOS.

6. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Sep 20, 2021

rhyd1am , Sep 20, 2021 :
    My Find X2 Pro shipped with almost entirely Google's apps for all those that you mentioned. No more extra apps on my device running ColorOS than OnePlus bundles with OOS 🤷🏼‍♂️

McJader likes this.
  7. J_Curie
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2021

J_Curie , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Sep 20, 2021 :
    I'm new to Oneplus, what really surprised and disappointed me is the lack of customization in OxygenOS 11 and the amount of what I consider bloat wear. Everything I had read about the previous OxygenOS's 11were how user friendly they were. The lock screen is locked down yes I can put a different launcher on here but there's relatively little changes you can do with the OxygenOS 11 stock launcher. Game space for example I don't want to hide it I want to be able to uninstalled I'm never going to use it. I have the oneplus nord n10 5g. The phone could easily be my favorite but since I updated to OxygenOS 11 it disappoints. I sincerely hope Oneplus 2.0 brings more user control that's why I bought an unlocked phone and why I stayed away from an unlocked Samsung or Apple.

G.Madhusudhan likes this.
  8. UpputuriMahesh , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 20, 2021 :
    Rip oxygen os

After this merge no one will buy oneplus mobiles
    If any one wants to buy for status symbolic icon for oneplus now that's also gone.

It's not good idea merging two brands OS it's big mistake no one will prefer(premium segment) to buy oppo and 1+ phones

9. Gitiaruu
    Froyo Sep 20, 2021

Gitiaruu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 20, 2021 :
    I sincerely think that OnePlus has a brand should focus more on each model and deliver the very best of it without the panoply of bugs (some bugs have been consistent update after update) instead of launching new models after another instead of perfecting the previous ones. Do you want to be has any other brand like Xiaomi for example, what about your loyal costumers. Colors os some years ago was an excellent software, in nowadays I don't really know what it offers more than other OS on the market, nevertheless unleast is more realible than oxygen, I really hope that OnePlus new os persues reliability.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

S1599112582517 and G.Madhusudhan like this.
  10. The Mastermind
    Froyo Sep 21, 2021

11. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2021

GamingDoggo_ likes this.
  12. kramik
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2021

kramik , Sep 21, 2021 :
    I just hope that @Pete, being at Oppo and as the founder of Oxygen OS, will push For Oppo to adopt Oxygen OS and not the other way around.
    Since in terms of code will integrate, let the interface at least be Oxygen OS.
    By me you can even call Oxygen Color (Transparent) :)

7Pro 8/256GB N.Blue 11.0.3.1.GM21AA PT

13. lyssuelcalvet , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 21, 2021 :
    I always wanted to have a Oneplus smartphone, despite not selling it in Brazil, I managed to acquire it outside my country. I can say that I am enjoying the experience of having a OnePlus. I see that I have arrived at a moment of revolution and I am happy to be part of this merger. Excited!

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  14. Gamingtime1121

Gamingtime1121 , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 21, 2021 :
    I was thinking to jump from Oneplus 9 to 10 when it was suppose to come out but now i am reluctant to do so. This is a big big change and have to wait and see how it plays out. I just don't have a good feeling with Oneplus anymore. Overheating and battery issues and now this, future just doesn't seem bright for Oneplus anymore.

AshwinK0 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  15. V1625294408071
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2021

16. rajaryank
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2021

rajaryank , Sep 21, 2021 :
    affordable, entry lebel mid range, entry level flagship, premium mid rangr, flagship! so much for a brand that started out as a flagship killer... It will be better if, with the merger, all these other segments are managed by Oppo and OnePlus just releases 1 phone per year like before..

NatiH, Nanonix and G.Madhusudhan like this.
  17. H1557058226130
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2021

18. G.Madhusudhan
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2021

B k, GamingDoggo_ and Nanonix like this.
  19. Santhosh_Ravi

mallu.achayan likes this.
  20. kennethyha
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2021

kennethyha , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 21, 2021 :
    Sounds promising. For the rest, I just hope for better battery life, less bugs and on par or better camera compared to Xiaomi. 8T's stock camera now is really weak with random blur on the image taken even in normal mode.

mallu.achayan likes this.