OnePlus 2 - AnandTech Review

1. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

Ceasedd , Dec 16, 2015 :
    anandtech never hear of this reviewer.Silly review.

2. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Dec 16, 2015 :
    i found this comment very hilarious as it show that he doesn't really know a thing about how people make reviews...
    FYI : reviewers makes those reviews base on stock and whatever come out the box...have you seen reviewers like MKBHD, AndroidCentral and etc make reviews on a device using custom rom/kernel and root? NO....none of them do make those kind of reviews cause custom rom/kernel and root means that the device have been modified and doesn't qualified as stock/out of the box anymore...its like putting a Turbo Charger on a 1998 FIAT Multipla, it may be faster then stock Multipla but still it is a ugly car....that is why those reviewers never review something that have been modified cause what is the point on making a reviews if the device NEED outside help (custom rom/kernel/root) from a bunch of developer???
    if the company make a bad device and OS then it will get a bad reviews by reviewers and that is a FACT!!!

3. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

Radeon962 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Does that really matter when you are supposedly comparing the 2016 Flagship Killer to a 2015 flagship?

4. Baymax
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

Baymax , Dec 16, 2015 :
    In this case, yes.

5. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

AnandTech is one of the oldest and most respected tech sites on the Internet and has been around since 1997. Granted after Anand Shimpi left in 2014 I lost some confidence in them.

I would speculate that their reviews are typically some of the most thorough and most widely read of any tech reviews on the Web.

parsa5, nyzproof333 and Ceasedd like this.
  6. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

Does your normal consumer even wonder or care what screen technology is used in a phone they are considering?

In a large screen TV possibly as the technology can impact size and weight, but in a smartphone not really.

They pick up a Note 5 and compare it to an iPhone 6s Plus or whatever else may be on display. I would fathom a guess the decision of which looks better is entirely based on what they see on the screen and not what technology is used.

People like us that spend time on sites like OnePlus talking about specs are in the minority. Most users judge a phone by how the screen looks, how the camera works and how it feels when they pick it up.

They learn about things like battery life and how the phone actually works after they have it and use it.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  7. Baymax
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

Baymax , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Did you not even look at the quote? I even bolded the statement. The OP was talking about the OP2 having the best LCD screen. Nexus 6P and Note 5 have Amoled! LCD ≠ AMOLED

aenews likes this.
  8. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

I did and I tried to explain why that makes little sense or difference when we are talking about the 2016 Flagship Killer as compared to the 2015 flagship phones.

What "normal" consumer looks at what screen technology is used? They look at the screen and determine what looks the best to them. It can be LCD, AMOLED, OLED, IPS or whatever but a flagship is supposed to be the best the OEM has to offer.

When the Two came out guns blazing as the 2016 Flagship Killer and was not quite that, there were comparisons made to other flagships from other OEM'S.

The OnePlus Two is a good phone but while I used it I did not find that it was much better for my use than the OnePlus One (other than the finger print scanner when it worked). For many that are coming from a phone that may be a couple of generations or more older it would be a significant upgrade. Coming from the OnePlus One or other 2015 flagships it left a lot to be desired.

9. aenews
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

aenews , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Umm yeah... Like any other phone except Nexus?

10. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

Ceasedd , Dec 16, 2015 :
    I see.My experience with my OP2 has been great.It isn't a flagship killer like the OPO,but I got a lot for it's price.Than again I also got a LG2 flex for 1/2 the price.My next device might be a Nexus or Nextbit.

11. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 16, 2015

Go with the Nexus 6P. Google just dropped the price by $50 today with free overnight shipping in the US.

Order today get it tomorrow if processed in time.

nyzproof333 and Ceasedd like this.
  12. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Dec 16, 2015

Ceasedd , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Thanks,will check it out.

Radeon962 likes this.
  13. mopsert
    KitKat Dec 17, 2015

mopsert , Dec 17, 2015 :
    LOL! Nice!
    And over here in Europe (Germany) Google wants 649 € (~ US-$ 705) for the 32 GB version! :confused:

That is over 55% more than in the US! And please don't try to justify the price with the allegedly weak Euro! The €/US-$ exchange rate never fell lower than 1:1.05 in the past year! So in fact the Dollar was always worth less than the Euro in that time span!

Screw Google!

14. Nevil Patel
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2015

Nevil Patel , Dec 19, 2015 :
    lovin the slap gif.. just what i had in mind :D

nyzproof333 likes this.
  15. nyzproof333
    KitKat Dec 19, 2015

nyzproof333 , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Thought that was appropriate! :D

Nevil Patel likes this.
  16. Splendor
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2015

parsa5 likes this.
  17. parsa5
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2015

parsa5 , Dec 22, 2015 :
    I love how people are bashing this review when they are some of the most thorough reviews. People just can't take others speaking the truth about this device. They did have some positive points though.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  18. danielraghu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2015

19. stephenboyo
    KitKat Dec 23, 2015

stephenboyo , Dec 23, 2015 :
    I agree but you can't alwau
    Agreed but you can't always go by reviews like this. This is delving down into nitty gritty details that most people won't notice on a day to day use of the phone and what you will find is that most phoned make compromises and sacrifices in different areas and OPT is no different. However, saying that, I decided to skip the OPT when it came out, simply because instinctively I felt it wasn't as good as the OPO in many ways. There were areas of regression that I felt the new features wouldn't make me give away or sell my OPO just yet. OPT was also not sufficiently distinguished from OPO and so one felt as if they were buying the same phone with things missing. So I opted for a BlackBerry Passport in the interim and after giving my OPO away. However, it was the OPX that blew my mind when it came out, despite missing some features, the OPX in design and function felt like the true successor to the OPO and even a mini flagship in its own right given how its divided opinion and wowed at the same time. I think OnePlus should have built the OPT as a larger OPX and given it killer specs with NFC and that would definitely have made it a 2016 flagship killer. Funnily, it is the lower priced OPX that is gathering awards and recognition anew for OnePlus and not the OPT!

OPX wins Android Authoritie's Best Budet Smartphone (under $300) 2015! Bravo OPX and OnePlus!!

http://www.androidauthority.com/cheap-android-phones-269520/