OnePlus 2 and Maxis - the new options

1. luckyjihl
    Donut Oct 10, 2015

luckyjihl , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I was unable to purchase from the store as they mentioned that I should not claim from my own oneplus account; they are the one who claim for us. And as what mentioned above by others, no code is needed for next purchasing, but what I heard only applicable for one day which is 12th October 2015. KLCC is available from 11th October 2015.

Edit: after I checked, my invite is no longer in my oneplus account even though I claimed it before the expiry. So does it mean the purchase and claim are essentially the same? :eek:
    I think I should visit the store on Monday.

P.S.: I asked from Maxis Centre in taman segar (outside of Leisure Mall).

@Adrian Lee

limcheok likes this.
  2. jameslingdt
    Donut Oct 10, 2015

jameslingdt , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Hi Bro, sorry for late reply, i managed to secured one yesterday, now feeling excited waiting for the phone to delivered to me, haha! thanks anyway

Hi Adrian, sorry for late reply, yesterday i managed to secured one unit after i tried later in the evening using another invitation. Problem solved. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015

Adrian Lee, finaldentiny and limcheok like this.
  3. limcheok
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2015

limcheok , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Just show them the invite code, don't think they will reject :)

4. hk43789
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2015

hk43789 , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Pm me for invite code while still last

hkchan likes this.
  5. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2015

sykez , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Yup, you definitely don't need to switch to postpaid. Many prepaid users have bought the device. I'm not exactly sure how they managed to sign up online, but I did manage to sign up using a hotlink number so it's possible.
    I didn't know you went to a Maxis center, I just assumed :p The first time I went to Maxis KLCC, they told me they don't have stock nor have a release date. I asked for their manager and I was able to purchase right away. Many fans had issues with Maxis. You're actually supposed to claim the invite into your Oneplus account before heading to Maxis. The code will be invalid (I think) if it's unclaimed. Once claimed, it is activated and they'll only need the code to validate. I've shared many claimed invite codes here and they've all bought it now.
    If your invite is gone, let me know and I'll send you a new one. I suggest you show show the .pdf file Adrian post in the first post and maybe the Facebook post Maxis did about buying the phone without contract.

Is that true @Adrian Lee?

They're like "buy me buy me! Y U NO BUY ME?" :p

finaldentiny likes this.
  6. tenchi0205
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

7. sykez

8. banchew
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

banchew , Oct 10, 2015 :
    How about expired code ??

9. sykez

sykez , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Expired codes will be invalid. Let me know if you need an invite.

10. banchew
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

banchew , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Me too!!

sykez likes this.
  11. luckyjihl
    Donut Oct 11, 2015

luckyjihl , Oct 11, 2015 :
    What I did was claiming it with my oneplus account after I received the invite. That is proven by my successful attempt to purchase online (although I did not proceed with it) and inability to claim it separately like in oneplus.net store (it indicated the code has been claimed. But after I got into maxis centre to purchase, the code was invalid, and when I checked it after that, indeed the code was invalid and the invite was nowhere in my oneplus account. I guess it has expired by the time the staff wanted to validate it.

Anyway, I will try my luck on Monday to purchase it directly from maxis centre without invitation code.

hkgoh likes this.
  12. hkgoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2015

hkgoh , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Read previous comment here. Many invites available.

13. luckyjihl
    Donut Oct 11, 2015

luckyjihl , Oct 11, 2015 :
    I know, but the invite is no longer necessary tomorrow :):D

hkgoh likes this.
  14. sykez

sykez , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Someone has already managed to buy without invite today at Gardens. Some other posts by Maxis says 23rd October. It's getting all confusing again. So we really don't need invites hereafter or just for open sale? @Adrian Lee

hkgoh likes this.
  15. devinz
    Eclair Oct 11, 2015

16. hkgoh

hkgoh , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Invite should be still needed. I think Maxis make some sales without invite but must have plan. :p

Oneplus net had 1hour buy without invite tomorrow, if I am not wrong.

1 hour only. Maxis might do so but with plans together. Screenshot_2015-10-11-21-27-02.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015

17. sykez

suzane, finaldentiny and hkgoh like this.
  18. hkgoh

hkgoh , Oct 11, 2015 :
    Let's see what happens to Maxis today. Does it open sale today without invite?

19. hk43789
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2015

hk43789 , Oct 12, 2015 :
    At facebook maxis inform that no invute need for one plus any more mayb the sales is too low for oneplus... all Malaysian only know Samsung, iPhone, Lenovo....but not Oneplus...

hkchan and sykez like this.
  20. fab19n
    Donut Oct 12, 2015

fab19n , Oct 12, 2015 :
    can i have one?

Asram Noordin likes this.