OnePlus 2 Charging Problem [Not Charging]

1. xandexer99
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2016

xandexer99 , Apr 17, 2016 :
    So i wiped the usb cable using my clothes and it's working fine as usual now
    Hope this helps :D

2. pujarprateek23
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

pujarprateek23 , May 6, 2016 :
    facing the issue with the wall charger as well as the power bank(2.1 mA)
    Phone charging says Voltage error. Charging is very slow, charges 60% to 70% when kept for the whole night.

Last edited: May 9, 2016

3. Josenca
    Gingerbread May 14, 2016

Josenca , May 14, 2016 :
    Hi... I'm also facing the same issue... I tried different chargers as well as power bank and PC charging... But the phone does not get charged. It displays the error message "Voltage Errror. Voltage too low". I saw that many people are facing the same issue. Did anyone find a solution yet?

4. Mansi_sp
    Cupcake May 18, 2016

Mansi_sp , May 18, 2016 :
    Hi...I started facing the same issue...it shows the message "Voltage too low. Please replace the charger" even when I tried using a power bank, other chargers and laptop. Did anyone find a fix?

5. vishalarya
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2016

vishalarya , Jun 5, 2016 :
    I am facing charging problem in my OnePlus 2. It show the error message "The charging voltage is too low. Please replace the charger".
    I have tried charging with various sockets, powerbank, etc. The same error would occur again and again.

The phone is charging very very slow. If I put the phone for charging over night, it would get charged only upto 30-40%, and if the battery get too low at times, and the phone switch off. I face difficulty trying to charge it back.

Has anyone discovered a solution to this problem. Why would this problem occur. Is it something in the phone, faulty cable, adaptor or time to replace the battery.
    The phone is only 8 and half months old.

6. victor_valente
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2016

victor_valente , Jun 6, 2016 :
    I am also facing the same problem. The cellphone takes 8 hours to charge. Also give the message low voltage if turn off while charging. I tested with other cable in a store and seems the problem isn't the cable. The cellphone has only few months.
    Since I bought it the battery drops really fast.

mjmanojkumar likes this.
  7. bharath2050
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

bharath2050 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    You need to replace the charger.

8. kumu.bandara
    Froyo Aug 16, 2016

kumu.bandara , Aug 16, 2016 :
    Have you Fixed this Issue I'm also having the Same Issue

It take 8 Hours to Charge Fully & Did you replace Cable or Charger ??

I tried Changing Adapter Nothing Helps

9. xandexer99
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

xandexer99 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Change the cable

10. Wanjia
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2016

Wanjia , Sep 12, 2016 :
    So I changed cable (lucky me I got a free usb-c cable with my powerbank) and the charging light is on but with the default cable it wasn't. There's nothing wrong with the default cable, I took very good care for it and only started showing problems after the update so it must be the update.

11. Shanushajahan1
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2016

12. Shanushajahan1
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2016

Shanushajahan1 , Oct 29, 2016 :
    have you found any solution??

13. forospet
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2016

forospet , Dec 26, 2016 :
    Hey everyone! This worked for me!

Let me give a little more input:
    • I've had OnePlus 2 for exactly a year now. I never had any issues like this before.
    • I carry the power cord and the charger all the time with me in my laptop bag, so I guess it got a little "dirty"....?
    • I recently (2 weeks) started a new game which drains the battery and now I charge it daily. Is it possible that the battery wears out?
    Having battery issues is -unfortunatelly- normal after a year of use (even sooner if using a Samsung :eek:). For me it seems like it wasn't the case and a little cleaning with a clean cloth did the magic. I'll post back if this occurs again.

Bottom line... Thanx xandexer99 :cool:

xandexer99 likes this.
  14. lijog2k
    Cupcake May 21, 2017

lijog2k , May 21, 2017 :
    1.If it won’t turn on then leave it plugged in for a couple of hours, and then hold down the Power button for a good 20 seconds to see if it comes back to life. OnePlus suggests that you try holding the Power button down for 20 seconds five times to power cycle the phone.

2.Try plugging it into your PC and see if it’s recognized or if it charges.

3.Try holding down Power and Volume down and see if it boots into recovery mode.

If nothing works, you may have to repair it

15. sjha1010
    Cupcake May 23, 2017

sjha1010 , May 23, 2017 :
    Hi, I am also facing charging problem. for me it is taking very long time to charge. sometimes, charger is connected but phone isnt charged. Please help.

16. swarnabha18
    Cupcake May 23, 2017

swarnabha18 , May 23, 2017 :
    I am also facing the same issue. The battery has drained out completely and the phone is not charging... even long press on power ad volume don't work. Phone is bricked...

17. JMcDonald123
    Cupcake May 24, 2017

18. G_mohit_rathi_yUTZ
    Cupcake May 26, 2017

19. MrObth
    Cupcake May 28, 2017

20. shivagonal
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2017

shivagonal , Sep 6, 2017 :
    Its almost two years i was not having this problem. The phone is not charging since morning... I did wipe cache first and rebooted it but nothing worked. I'm using the original cable and adaptor. Do i need to replace the charger?. Any help would be appreciated.

Wih regards,
    Shiv