Battery/Charging OnePlus 2 charging problem

?

Are you facing slow charging problem with OP2?

1. Yes

83.5%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Don't Care

2.2%
  1. JustAPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2017

JustAPhone , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Sure... your location ? i can send to you if you want it...
    My RR still in 7.1.1

jcagara08 likes this.
  2. jcagara08
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2017

jcagara08 , Apr 4, 2017 :
    are you based in India? I do have several worldwide physical mailing address and that's for real hehe

JustAPhone likes this.
  3. ashokd173
    Donut Apr 4, 2017

ashokd173 , Apr 4, 2017 :
    So far no updates from admin/techies and again we have to wait for their replies as well as next update to get it fixed.

After the recent update, we are spending much time to charge instead of using it. LOL....

JustAPhone likes this.
  4. JustAPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2017

JustAPhone , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Bughunter got the log file... but i think can't find the problem......

5. jcagara08
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2017

jcagara08 , Apr 4, 2017 :
    mate, where are you based? would love to have 4 of your spare USB C cables..I am quite serious really LOL

6. MRIGANK SHEKHAR
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2017

MRIGANK SHEKHAR , Apr 5, 2017 :
    Over 12 hours for charging 88% !
    cable (oneplus original as received in package) physically perfect

Attached Files:

drskhp likes this.
  7. Ankit_kacker
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2017

Ankit_kacker , Apr 12, 2017 :
    I can feel the pain bro. Struggling over a month. Tried full drain cycle several times but not much success. Also, did hard reset as adviced by OnePlus_Support. Still No success. I am managing these days by charging it using Turbo Charger of moto and using it at battery saver mode throughout with single SIM so as to struggle and meet the day end (~10hrs) of backup.

Its really a pain. My will to part ways from OnePlus is becoming stronger with every passing day. Lets hope if OnePlus can come to rescue to Abandoned Child like us soon.

8. Kushinata
    Froyo Apr 13, 2017

Kushinata , Apr 13, 2017 :
    While I am not completely discounting the possibility that a software update could dramatically affect charging rates, it is very improbable.

Consider what has to be true. People have been telling you to do a factory reset on your phone, yet you continue to post here hoping that OnePlus will give you a software fix. I can only assume that you have done a factory reset, but continue to experience slow charging. That means that the slow charging somehow affects some factory clean OP2s, and not others. That means it's almost certainly a hardware problem; a problem specific to your phone.

The three easiest hardware things to test are:
    1. Cable;
    2. Charger; and
    3. Battery.
    So go download Ampere from the App Store and find out what your charging rate is. Then swap out your cable. If you get the same rate, then swap the charger, and test both cables. Try a cable and charger from a friend who can get better Ampere values than you. Finally, if that fails, swap out the battery. Batteries die, and hot batteries die faster.

Having tried those three things, and still stuck with slow charging? If you really believe it's software, then install a different kernel on it. Tell us whether it fixed your issue, based on Ampere values, that is.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

9. Pmarvin924
    Eclair Apr 13, 2017

Pmarvin924 , Apr 13, 2017 :
    mine drains fast now and takes forever to charge , they must be getting ready to launch a new phone [e]1f4a9[/e]

10. Pmarvin924
    Eclair Apr 13, 2017

11. Kushinata
    Froyo Apr 13, 2017

While this thread is putatively about charging, the same arguments I made about that can be applied to your problem as well.

If you're going from full to flat in 75 minutes, then you have at least one of two problems:
    1. You are pulling too much power from your battery; and/or
    2. Your battery does not have a lot of power to pull.
    You can test for (1) by doing a factory reset and testing your battery life. If it's fixed, great. Reload your OP2, but if your battery life goes to Hell, try to figure out which piece of software did it. It's not your OS. If your problem is not fixed, then it's your battery's fault. Replace it.

rayRay7295 likes this.
  12. Pmarvin924
    Eclair Apr 13, 2017

Pmarvin924 , Apr 13, 2017 :
    I had no issue with the battery life before the latest update. would be strange if it is not connected

13. Kushinata
    Froyo Apr 13, 2017

Correlation is not causation. Do the factory reset.

It is plausible that the interaction of your existing software with the new OS version is causing the problem. But a factory reset followed by measured reloading of your phone will diagnose that problem. And once you know what piece of software is problematic, you can decide whether you want to wait for OP or your software's author to fix the problem, or to fix it yourself via changing your software or your OS.

14. Pmarvin924
    Eclair Apr 13, 2017

15. Kushinata
    Froyo Apr 13, 2017

While you are perfectly within your rights to decline to do a factory reset, I would suggest that diagnosing and fixing your own problem is preferable to posting here, tilting at windmills.

16. krishan swaroop Jogani
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2017

17. alapdaskater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2017

alapdaskater , Apr 14, 2017 :
    Same here.. I do not remember when was the last time, I could fully charge my battery!!! Ohh No!! I gotta visit the service centre tomorrow.. A factory reset, I feel, to be offerred as a solution eehhh seems to be the last option mainly due to the fact that you don't have any idea what the exact problem is about!!

18. ravikrishnan
    Eclair Apr 18, 2017

ravikrishnan , Apr 18, 2017 :
    it takes me 12 hrs + for complete charge !!!

19. ravikrishnan
    Eclair Apr 18, 2017

ravikrishnan , Apr 18, 2017 :
    Things were fine few weeks into 3.5.6 update... suddenly one day i noticed fast dip in battery percentage... then it gradually became a permanent problem.. off late i am able to charge my phone just around 67-75% mark daily, as it takes nearly overnight (10pm to 8am) to get to that number from the 10-15% i will have in the evening after returning from office. 100% charge only on weekends !! Ridiculous.

And since many are facing this issue, it can't be the charger problem

20. ravikrishnan
    Eclair Apr 25, 2017

ravikrishnan , Apr 25, 2017 :
    Okay, after few ppl suggesting to change charger/cable (which did not sound logical to me) i did it.. I got MiVi type C cable (6ft long)... and now my charging issue is solved.... before on checking with accu battery, my max charge current used to be some where around 400mA and average used to be as low as 80-120mA.. however now, its maximum is 1480mA and average is between 980-1020mA...

Now need to monitor the discharging... which i feel is normal !!