Oneplus 2 failed me big time

1. nazhong.libre
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2016

nazhong.libre , Jan 16, 2016 :
    1. The phone speaker started giving buzzing sound as if the speaker is going to burst when i on the audiotuner and put everything to full bar.
    2. It starts to lag when going into an app.
    3. It starts to hang, from once a fortnight, to once a week and now everyday once. I did a factory reset and still the same.
    4. It heats easily, i was using navigation and it heats up, meaning the phone can be on for usage for 1-2hours?
    5. Lastly, the support from Singapore was...... Sorry, is there even any support? My enquiry email was sent for weeks and yet no reply at all.

Oneplus One was so so much more better.

nathanluxford likes this.
  2. dinjesk
    KitKat Jan 16, 2016

dinjesk , Jan 16, 2016 :
    u should never use the equalizer with everything set to its highest. that's asking for shitty sound

3. Bharath HT
    KitKat Jan 16, 2016

Bharath HT , Jan 16, 2016 :
    You will never draw a good sound with all the EQ settings rocking at their max. You need to balance treble to do away with crankling.
    There is a bit lag in launching few apps but never big time noticeable.
    When you say heats up, did you check the exact thermal stats? Coz i never felt too hot even while navigating for couple of hours.
    About support its almost the same everywhere.

Which version is yours?

SoniaB, theapu, ppp999 and 3 others like this.
  4. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2016

5. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2016

RJ Murdok , Jan 16, 2016 :
    The X has a thread dedicated to ignorance

SoniaB, theapu and Baymax like this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat Jan 16, 2016

malidan , Jan 16, 2016 :
    Come on you must know by now
    someone's hot, is someone's warm and somebody else's cool.
    I remember when I first did the system updates on the N6 it got so hot I was bricking it. Luckily I have not experienced this since and can't imagine what it must be like for anyone seeing it on a regular basis.
    This is why I won't question anyone on this issue;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016

nyzproof333 and pipecpa like this.
  7. Bharath HT
    KitKat Jan 16, 2016

Yeah people sometimes dont put their feelings in right words. And about how one feels, the temperature of their phone has always been a big time deal to put it in words. Thats why i asked this "did you check the exact thermal stats?"

nyzproof333, SoniaB and Baymax like this.
  8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 16, 2016

Baymax , Jan 16, 2016 :
    1. Don't ever set the equalizer to full on like that. It is bad for any speakers and you will never get get sound out of them at this setting.

2. Clear your system cache.

3. Clear your system cache.

4. Navigation will heat it up sometimes bud. It is because it is running something that is taking advantage of multiple features of the phone. The screen, the sound, and the GPS.

5. @Adam Krisko we need an elevation here.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what build of Oxygen OS are you on?

SoniaB, Tigris, theapu and 2 others like this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Jan 16, 2016

malidan , Jan 16, 2016 :
    Yes this will help from a technical aspect, bit this heat thing is all about consumer confidence,so it really is a case of each to their own.

10. Bharath HT
    KitKat Jan 16, 2016

It is consumer confidence and how each handles and reacts to what happens with their phone. Just thought to ease his mind with the actual fact if he showed the real temp:)

11. SparkkIt
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2016

SparkkIt , Jan 16, 2016 :
    Oh you beat me to it

12. malidan
    Nougat Jan 16, 2016

malidan , Jan 16, 2016 :
    True. I've been out all day in minus temps and could have done with a OP2 to keep my hands warms at times ;).

13. Bharath HT
    KitKat Jan 16, 2016

Dont know bud I am glad mine is fully utilized as a phone without it being an extra accessory as a warmer. I don't touch my phone when i wake up, the metal rim feels frozen.

14. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 18, 2016

Adam Krisko , Jan 18, 2016 :
    Can you please PM me your ticket number so I can follow up with CS on your case?

15. nazhong.libre
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2016

nazhong.libre , Jan 19, 2016 :
    Forgive my ignorance with the equalizer. I do not have a thermal stats on the hesting issue as well. What about the phone hanging? Is this a user problem/ignorance thst causes the phone to hang. If Opening many apps at the same causes the phone to hang, wouldnt it mean the multi tasking function is not up to it. I have using Oneplus One before and did not face similar problem at all. My oxygenOS is 2.2.0

16. mattylew80
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2016

mattylew80 , Jan 20, 2016 :
    o_O what is this the 17th century or something? Who uses the word "fortnight" :p:D I just found this comical. Sorry to hear about your problems, how some of the tips helped.

17. rv.ravicky
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2016

rv.ravicky , Jan 20, 2016 :
    Hello guys,

I have been using oneplus 2 since last 1 month have identified some very basic things not working properly in this phone:

1. Contact and recent call log, the major bug. Whenever I go to phone option, it takes a lot of timeto load the recent call and contact. That's very irritating when you have to call someone and you have to wait for around 1 minute to get contacts loaded. Also when I get any call it take time to load the name from contact list.

2. Battery issue, withing 1 hour it drains almost 20% of battery without any use. That I obseve daily while commuting to office when I leave home after 100% charge.

3. Simcard network selection issue.
    4. Speaker issue, when I play music and put fingers on the left side speaker no change in volume happens but when I put fingers on right side of the speaker it becomes completely silent. Seems like left side is only for show or may be it does not work.

5. Lagging issue.

18. demongokul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2016

demongokul , Jan 20, 2016 :
    the left Fri doesn't have speaker, everyone knows it. There is nothing else except for lag. There is little lag.
    Clear cache or factory reset and then check.