Oneplus 2 hands-on initial impressions by an OPO owner.

1. jay ray
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2015

jay ray , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I hear you man. I too like Sony phones, got the Z3v (wished it was Z3). Luckily I didn't get the dreaded yellow bar. Just hate my OPO's call quality. It sucks! For me OPT was a let down but I'm a conspicuous consumer, so if its new I want to buy it.

sirenrof likes this.
  2. pirata_1985
    Nougat Aug 1, 2015

pirata_1985 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I agree with these considerations.

Too much hype for newbies in OnePlus world. They could believe but in most of their way of communications there are too many lies

3. sirenrof
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

sirenrof , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Z5 and Z5 compact rumoured this year ... Nexus 2015 (a big and small) ... Moto just threw out some decent phones (though the style/pure is too giant for me) ... Seems like there will be some better choices. Plus the price point for OP2 is getting up there with the big boys ... OnePlus has lost its appeal.

jay ray likes this.
  4. mario_rep
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

mario_rep , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Meizu MX5, elephone vowney or nexus 5 2015 will be the best options for this year.

seether84 likes this.
  5. sirenrof
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

sirenrof , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I take back the not being a company next year. It may still be a company if BBK electronics (parent of OPPO and OP) still keeps pumping money into it. OP is just a shell anyway to gain footing with a younger crowd and the US market. I'm not sure if BBK even cares if OP makes money.

6. Frog
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

Frog , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Yes, I totally care about a badly written hands-on by some random guy in India... NOT

benluca and pa5t1s like this.
  7. Starbuckz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

Starbuckz , Aug 1, 2015 :
    if these two things were related it would only highlight how bad and stupid of a community this is.
    luckily there are numerous sane people here, too

basith16 likes this.
  8. Gudds

Gudds , Aug 1, 2015 :
    well, seeing all the hate - love relation ship with oneplus 2 even when the device is not officially out.. i dont know what to say to such people.
    simple fact is, retail units and the test units can be different and it might turn out a great device or just a lame device but without actual people getting their hands on the device, its not wise to make comments, everyone here is mature enough and everyone here can afford the device and make decision for themselves, so lets wait for actual and real reviews.

now why do i say lets wait and reserve our comments till actual sales begin is simple fact.
    1. Mi claimed Mi 4I had snapdragon 615 2nd gen and did not heat which proved untrue and before the real reviews many reviewers claimed it was not heating. so we will have to see how the heating is on this as Mi note pro using same SOC tends to heat and heats high due to glass.

2. in my personal opinion, oneplus maintains 2 batches of devices or just makes some devices with high end components and others with lower end stuff,i say this as we have seen how many actual buyers got device with yellow tint at the bottom issue and the reviewers and bloggers had a perfect screen devices. i still have on my oneplus even after months of use.

3. what sacrifices did oneplus make to bring the cost down and how well the device will hold on regular use. why i say this is, one+1 they stated boldly what components were sourced from where while no such claims on oneplus 2.

As for flagship claims, i would say they are bold as when the world is moving towards mobile wireless payment methods, oneplus is not putting NFC chips to save some bucks on device. also the device seems to have a single mono speaker which is step back from dual mono speakers.
    the device has got thicker when others are pushing slim metal frame devices. so well this aint a flagship killer for sure and given the fact they have already under clocked the A57 cores to 1.8 i guess we will see CPU throttling through software too. for screen.
    my biggest concern is the quality of screen used on this device we will have to wait and see how it performs.

lastly i have used oxygen and i dont think its on par with stock android or even cyanogen, it still lacks in every dept and tends to lag once you start to use it and load apps (from my exp on one+1)
    the service and spare issue is still there and if you have any issue, be prepared to wait atleast 1 month to get your device back from service.

i would say that they have done a great job with price and then lets not compare a 400$ device with a samsung S6 and G4 which costs almost 2x of this.

9. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

pa5t1s likes this.
  10. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

Cool-Nerd , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I smell a fanboy hahaha #FOPFB'S and please #GTFO :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Tanush likes this.
  11. Rafztafara
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

Rafztafara , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Hopp hopp hoooo! I got your back, sir! :D

12. shekar163
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

shekar163 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    review From @netdadou

, I found the event in Paris quite good and especially the phone (we came for that):
    - Very good quality, the chassis is actually real metal (not metal sticked on plastic)
    - The fingerprint reader with haptic feedback is very good
    - ROM exudes simplicity and fluidity. you can customize a lot (it's not the HTC Sense but I like it)
    - positive feedback for the camera that clearly looks good (interior photography and HDR are very good). AF is really fast.
    - The slide button on the side is really great and will glad former iphone owners
    - The styleswapcover are beautiful and easy to remove, it has been tested.
    - Nano sims are active dual

I spoke to a member of the staff (I think @ BeAlive75 but I have not noticed), the NFC is really not planned. They just want to avoid to have expensive style wrap covers. there is even no connection pin inside the phone for a future upgrade. So really no NFC.

The event clearly deserved a better organisation but people were speaking a lot in the queue (I have not talked a lot, on the phone all the time for my work). We were also clearly in the first 66 and I don't understand why there was so few goodies (even if i have a nice t shirt). It is a young company, they will learn 2 or 3 things about how to manage customers / fans (especially never frustrate a customer...)

To summarise: beautiful phone at the same level than the 700 USD phones and a promising camera. but clearly not a flagship for 2016, it's a one plus one + for 2015.

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. vijaywidluv

vijaywidluv , Aug 1, 2015 :
    i personally visited there too at square cafe coffee day and i think management and every thing was upto the mark. though i wasn't there at peak time,i reached there at 6;30pm and i got to spend descent amount of time with device and i can really say that i am totally impressed.
    best 1080p display than any other device,good design, smooth UI, nice and crisp camera images; not like s6 or g4 but still better than many.

benluca likes this.
  14. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2015

15. dachatwin
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

dachatwin , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Still waiting for those promised pics. Are you trying to find some on Google?

pa5t1s likes this.
  16. vijaywidluv

vijaywidluv , Aug 1, 2015 :
    you are a sony fanboy, a spammer and DUMB #GTFO

benluca likes this.
  17. sahu71
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

sahu71 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    agree on your thought and view abt the device ....hope that the retail units will not have the same probs as of the review units as they have plenty of time to change things in software issues . my main concern will be the heating issues of the snapdragon 810 ,but the product should out run the oneplus one atleast ....thanks for sharing ur honest views ....

18. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Aug 1, 2015

pa5t1s , Aug 1, 2015 :
    thanks for your *personal * feedback. I can wait for a better (?) phone, but there's always something new and better, so must I wait forever? :) anyway, I can afford what I like, so no worry with OP2...

benluca likes this.
  19. arkaguha111
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

arkaguha111 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    do u have extra invites ?? can u send me in [email protected]

20. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Aug 1, 2015

pa5t1s , Aug 1, 2015 :
    ? a fanboy of what? learn to read and bring your nose outta your a** nerd (rotfl)