OnePlus 2 hands-on

1. sebcoz
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2015

sebcoz , Jul 31, 2015 :
    guys, I'm not sure I fully understood the process here :) So the OP2 is actually not being sold yet? It's only a pre-order stage? When will it actually be sold (let's forget for a sec that we don;t have invites yet :) )

2. nithinhariram
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

nithinhariram , Jul 31, 2015 :
    This is what their article concludes with.................................................

Conclusion
    The OnePlus 2 is once again being priced aggressively. For that kind of money, it is hard to judge it too harshly considering the feature set. But it's not really all about the features and specs, and the phone does seem genuinely good to use, as we noticed in our quick hands-on.

Basically, if you buy this on a short budget, you won't feel like you have compromised on quality and it is likely to make those who spent on more expensive phones feel shortchanged.

Still, OnePlus needs to improve upon its after sales service experience, which matter just as much as the actual user experience, and is a major weakness for the company right now. Once they manage that it would be much easier to recommend this phone. And we would gladly recommend it given the excellent build quality and modern feature set.

veratoloz2005 and OpofanIT like this.
  3. keshav1995
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

4. Serco
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

Serco , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Specialized journalists and specialized websites already received the OP2 after signing a non disclosure agreement for marketing purpose Then all the unboxing video or photos you see now are from these people.

Serco

5. nithinhariram
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

nithinhariram , Jul 31, 2015 :
    OnePlus 2 at a glance:
    • 5.5" 16M-color 1080 x 1920px IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen of 401ppi
    • Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) with Oxygen OS 2.0
    • Quad-core Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A57 CPU, 3/4GB of RAM, Adreno 430 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset
    • 13MP camera, F/2.0 aperture, OIS, laser auto focus, dual-LED flash
    • 2160p@30fps video, 1080@30fps
    • 16GB and 64GB storage options
    • Dual SIM support
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Reversible USB Type-C connector
    • Active noise cancellation
    • Swappable back panels
    • 3,300mAh battery
    Perhaps the specs above will make more sense if put into perspective by comparing to the previous model.

The OnePlus 2 uses Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 810 chipset, though it has a slightly lower max working frequency (1.8GHz vs. 2.0GHz) to help with the notorious heating issues this chipset generation has been suffering.

The camera has the same 13MP resolution, but it now boasts an Optical Image Stabilization system and laser auto focus to help with low light focusing.

On paper, the OnePlus 2 seems to have the same screen specs as its predecessor, but size-wise the new phone is a millimeter shorter in both height and width. What has been lost in height, has been gained in thickness, and the OnePlus 2 profile is now a millimeter thicker, not to mention is more than 10g heavier.

The new OnePlus 2 now also has Dual SIM support and the battery is some 200mAh bigger. The newly added stuff also includes a reversible USB Type-C connector instead of microUSB, fingerprint sensor for unlocking the phone with a quick touch, and a slider to toggle the sound modes. The body is also now made out of magnesium alloy.

It's not all sunshine and roses though. The base 16GB model gets 3GB RAM as opposed to the 4GB RAM on the 64GB model. NFC has been removed as apparently no one was using it on the previous model. The super nice 2160p(DCI)@24fps video recording mode is also gone. The phone also lacks Qualcomm QuickCharge support.

6. ketut.kumajaya
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

7. Wahoux
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

8. danceswithcode
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

danceswithcode , Jul 31, 2015 :
    this thread hurts my brain. Pictures spread out, article clipping with its own post. Then yet another post describing the phone. And on top of everything else, information and pictures that I have undoubtedly been seen before.

Nyco30 likes this.
  9. ivansai
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

10. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Excellent analysis. With dozens of companies selling great phones for a reasonable price, CS will ultimately separate winners from losers.

11. Franjo
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

Nyco30 likes this.
  12. SammyNib
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

13. nithinhariram
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

Franjo likes this.
  14. Uncoloredpoem
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2015

15. parasaviator
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

parasaviator , Aug 1, 2015 :
    OHk guys so I had chance to use Oneplus 2 at delhi event and here are my views...
    1) one simple word 'Overhyped'
    2) looks -only the side frame thing is a lil premium but not much..same as before,front button does spoil the overall look...does look samsung..swype covers raises the look if u purchase that .they are beautiful..
    3)camera is better and faster but dont hv high expectations..its only an improvemnt over 1+1 nothing ground breaking
    4)screen is definately not at all worth extra praise..its same old ..just a lil brighter..Im not a Qhd supporter but damn S6 will make this phone cry if u compare
    5) Now the main thing that disappointed me was performance with all the hype of sd810 v2.1 4gb ram..it might be just the test units thing with unfinished oxygen os but damn it was laggy in app drawer and homescreen scrolling... the app opening(especially chrome was slow)..I compared side by side with 1+1 n it failed.

The whole evnt was a **** in itself..no management at all... total chaos
    (luckily due this i got extra time to spend wth the device).

Initial impressions tell me its just a total value for money phone 25k.They nailed it in pricing for sure .Dont get ur hopes high...Ul be disappointed like me.

Big words - Flagship killer 2016..haha its not even killer for 2015(it will fall infront of an S6 or G4 in almost every aspect).

Just my review nothing to hate if You dont like

nithinhariram likes this.
  16. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

17. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 1, 2015