12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Possibly

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. boxesofsand
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2016

boxesofsand , Aug 20, 2016 :
    My OnePlus 2's, running the latest update, home button has stopped working.

I have tried all solutions on the internet. The *#808# fingerprint test says pass.

What can I do?

2. Rushabh Gohel
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2016

Rushabh Gohel , Aug 20, 2016 :
    Even my home stopped working 3 times and all times it was solved by its own.
    So, yeah wait for 2-3 days.

3. boxesofsand
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2016

5 days have passed, and it is still dead. The fingerprint test doesn't even say fail, it says pass.

4. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2016

Chetzjain , Aug 20, 2016 :
    i'm sure water droplet might have come in contact with your home button. Same happened with me as well as one of my friend who OP2. It took 3-4 days to work again, until recently full bottle filled with water got drop off on my OP2. It still works like charm, no speaker issue, flashlight, camera, etc etc. But my home button is reacting very weirdly.. it keep on vibrating and whenever i open any app the home button brings me back to my home screen lmao. Thank god i've got 6 days left until the warranty gets complete. You also wait for some time, if you get no results send to the service centre. (Or you can try wiping whole system and flash a good ROM. who knows if its a software issue tho.)

5. boxesofsand
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2016

I think I still have the warranty. Is there anything else I can do? :( Some water did fall on it, but that has happened before too.

6. aljeff66
    Eclair Aug 20, 2016

aljeff66 , Aug 20, 2016 :
    I tried all the fixes. None worked. I had to RMA mine. My test failed and the option for fingerprint scan was not even listed in my settings. Mine was working fine and then just quit all of the sudden. Not sure what happen to mine. Had mine for about 4 months when it went out.

7. aljeff66
    Eclair Aug 20, 2016

8. Sahnig
    Eclair Aug 21, 2016

Sahnig , Aug 21, 2016 :
    My fingerprint scanner stopped responding after Marshmallow upgrade with upgraded fingerprint performance. Even it scans in your pocket. Wonder what was scanning there!

When got it checked, they denied touching the phone.

Dear, you may wanna know about this company's sick policy of litmus papers on the top of the phone.

Be careful, you may not wet that paper with fingers but if turned red due to moisture on your pocket, your phone is out of warranty.
    No diagnosis, no testing - just out of warranty!

It could be scanner was pushed hard beyond it's capacity.

And now that they know it is getting damaged regularly due to their faulty upgrade, they have increased the cost of LCD screen stating they don't replace the sensor itself by the whole screen needs to be changed.

This company is typically low cost cheap product Chinese.

9. DutchonlineNL
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

DutchonlineNL , Aug 21, 2016 :
    My stoped also yesterday, my phone was on the table i picked IT up and IT starts vibrating Out of nothing and on the bodem of the Screen stands No fingerprint match. So like every Body you give a reboot so i did and Now my Home button/fingerprint is broke

10. DutchonlineNL
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

DutchonlineNL , Aug 21, 2016 :
    And the test was faild IT can't find my Home button

11. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

Chetzjain , Aug 21, 2016 :
    Are you sure that's not a software issue? Or maybe trying pressing home button as tight as you can while keep the phone off (not turn off)

12. Sahnig
    Eclair Aug 21, 2016

Sahnig , Aug 21, 2016 :
    There is nothing to press my brother, it is a capacitive touch based sensor.

One Plus Cheated with their gimmicks ajd now we are all screwed by paying additional money to them.

One Plus, your tricks sucks!

13. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

i know, but i remember someone told me this. soo i thought it might can help him.

14. Sahnig
    Eclair Aug 21, 2016

Sahnig , Aug 21, 2016 :
    It helps no one buddy, Chinese has vowed to screw us with all they can!

The his company has no vision, no ethics and business regulations.

Hope i can make it a mission of my life to tell truth and exposé One plus with their cheap policies in India.

They won't have another market in world like us!

15. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

I know how you'd feeling but OP3 has been really a nice device. i should have also wait for sometime and grab OP3 instead of OP2 but no use of regretting now.

Even OP2 is rocking the only problem with it, is the Home button and the build quality of it, otherwise it got alot of great developers support. :)

16. Sahnig
    Eclair Aug 21, 2016

Sahnig , Aug 21, 2016 :
    Buddy i am fine with the phone, it is the company policies that sucks.

Do you think OP3 customers will be spared?

Give you 6 months, wait and watch.

These cheap bastard will play their tricks on yhis new phone as well!

One Plus policies suck! Customer service sucks and so does the litmus paper on the phone sucks!!

17. Chetzjain
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2016

Lmao :v haha. I haven't experience OnePlus customer service yet, but soon. As i've to replace my home button within 5 days until my warranty get avoid.

18. Sahnig
    Eclair Aug 21, 2016

Sahnig , Aug 21, 2016 :
    Pray the litmus paper on your phone measuring moisture on the dick didn't turn Red my brother.

May you win it against the cheap Chinese!

19. tusharbakaya
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2016

20. Fabioavanzi95
    Eclair Aug 22, 2016

Fabioavanzi95 , Aug 22, 2016 :
    We need to write to One plus Support toghether, a lot of users are facing this issue... sorry for my english