OnePlus 2 Invite System Details From OnePlus Co-founder

1. Droiddoes314
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

Droiddoes314 , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Hopefully I get a invite this time around. Last time I wasn't that lucky.

[​IMG]
    Yes, those are physical invite cards for the OnePlus 2. But, that’s not the only change on the way…

More hardware companies haved died from having too much inventory than from having too few sales. We’re in this for the long run, and we firmly believe that the long-term health of our business is far more important than growth.

Last year, we made a product that we were really confident about, but we didn’t know how people would react to it. We had no clue how many people would actually want to buy it and had the challenge of managing our cash flow and inventory risk. In addition, we didn’t agree that pre-orders or having products instantly becoming sold out was a great experience. Our solution to managing risk and user experience was the invite system.

Although most people understand and support us, we’ve also received some less-positive feedback. Some people thought it was too difficult and time consuming to obtain an invite or thought it was all some big marketing stunt. With the OnePlus 2, we’ve taken this feedback to heart and are introducing a few key improvements to the purchase experience. Here’s what we’re doing:

More confidence = more invites

With the OnePlus One, we did a bit better than we thought we would. This has made us more confident, and therefore we will have far more launch inventory than last time. We’re talking about 30-50x last year. This means that it will be significantly easier to get an invite from the very beginning.

Reservation list

For those who don’t have time to hang out on forums or social media, we’ll have a quick and painless reservation list. Simply enter your email and we’ll send you an invite as soon as they’re available. We’ll be prioritizing our early forum supporters here.

Faster sharables

After you purchase your OnePlus 2, you will receive invites to share with your friends, like last time. The difference here is that this time, the sharable invites will arrive much faster.

We hope you’re happy with these changes. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re beyond excited to see your reactions on the OnePlus 2. [​IMG][/QUOTE]

2. Data1417
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

Data1417 , Jul 16, 2015 :
    lmao ^ he wasnt lucky and he just joined today. You know u can buy it now?

snider likes this.
  3. snider
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

snider , Jul 16, 2015 :
    This is really good news! :D
    I wonder how long it'll take to get an invite.

4. alekz
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

alekz , Jul 16, 2015 :
    That reservation list is a great idea.
    maybe ppl will have to wait 1 month, or even two, but at least they don't need to beg for days for an invite

5. Razzlesama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2015

Razzlesama , Jul 16, 2015 :
    This is why i like this company so much. How amazing it is to know that your invitation doesn't just mean that you CAN buy a phone from OnePlus but that a phone made for YOU is waiting to be picked up by you?!

Amazing. I love the invite system. (I understand that most people won't give a shit about that - I honestly am out of fu**s to give)

alekz likes this.
  6. Aqu
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

Aqu , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Yes probably a good idea to do both

sommersy likes this.
  7. freshsaint12
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

8. p-chin
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

p-chin , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Once again OPO listing to the community and doing something better then before love the company

9. karanjain1994
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

10. rbagdai
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Jul 16, 2015

rbagdai , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Stunned!

11. philip.seguin
    Eclair Jul 16, 2015

philip.seguin , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I couldn't understand why people would beg. I just asked nicely and got 3 or 4 invites within 10 minutes. And I made sure I thanked everyone and "returned" unused invites.

azp3 likes this.
  12. gerdoh
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

gerdoh , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Invites again? Really? Hopefully the first 88625 forum members get one automatically.. :)

13. ThomasV89
    Donut Jul 16, 2015

14. Marcushague
    Eclair Jul 16, 2015

Marcushague , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Wow!! im so excited to get my hands on the new Oneplus!!!
    hope that i get an invite :)
    Thanks oneplus for your awesome work!

15. alekz
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

alekz , Jul 16, 2015 :
    That is indeed how it should work

16. navarde
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

navarde , Jul 16, 2015 :
    The invite experience made me enjoy my phone, obvious reason of course. Deffinetly the waiting and anticipation made it the most interesting feeling to accuiere and juSt the mere opening of my OpO . but I am a happy for OP and hope everything works as they expect.

17. paulomah
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

navarde likes this.
  18. lpiratel
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

19. Roken
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

20. TheUnderground
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015