OnePlus 2 Invites in August

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drdrjojo
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

drdrjojo , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Yes! That's the right way we want to hear.
    A hurray for the supporters!

2. SolderSoldier
    Froyo Aug 3, 2015

SolderSoldier , Aug 3, 2015 :
    There was an interview with carl pei (i think it was on the verge, but he said the oneplus one had only 1000 units available at launch and the OnePlus 2 will have 30-40 times that. So not looking good for anyone on the reservation list to get one any time soon.

3. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

4. wenhui
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

5. qiaol06
    Eclair Aug 3, 2015

qiaol06 , Aug 3, 2015 :
    i may have to ask my Chinese friends to order one in China. i guess it is easier. i never got a invitation, never...never.......

6. ayushma.shyangdan
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

7. arendon7
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

8. ayushma.shyangdan
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

ayushma.shyangdan , Aug 3, 2015 :
    saw an invite on ebay for one plus two for £300 .... are you serious lol cost more than the phone ...i really hope i get an invite

9. testdummy
    Froyo Aug 3, 2015

10. ethanviorel
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

11. a2vitalic
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

12. brian_nl
    Eclair Aug 3, 2015

13. Rasimsson_SA
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

14. brewscot
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

brewscot , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Goodness knows if I'll ever get a chance for one, but I'd like to know how good the camera is.

15. Diegokafati
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

16. kiekoe
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

17. GuiltyNL
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

GuiltyNL , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Hope so!

18. p1lot1
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

p1lot1 , Aug 3, 2015 :
    check MKBHD, he made a video about the pictures. he has a review model.

19. powerXtreme
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

powerXtreme , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Thanks for the heads up, @Raggy. Yes, I am excited very much. The OP2 looks great and is, despite some of its drawbacks, the phone I want to get next.

I can't help but think, though, that OnePlus is quite limiting themselves with the system they have in place. Sure, it does seem a bit better and easier than last year and I believe they learned from it, but I really don't think this invite system is going to last very long and will be gone by the time the OnePlus 3 comes out next year. Why? It's quite simple. OnePlus is growing. They're becoming more mainstream and less obscure. Pop-up events around the world, more press coverage, more buzz, new stores, higher demand, more fans, more phones, etc. While it is great they're rewarding early supporters from last year and there will be more invites to share, at the same time I think it's time they should slowly start getting rid of them. Last year the invite system was justified and kind of cool, imo. This year it is still tolerable, despite beginning to wear out. But next year around OP3 launch? At that point invites will be almost unacceptable. If OnePlus wants to become mainstream and rival Samsung and Apple, as they say, the invites have to go. Otherwise they'll limit themselves and the size of their market and put most average folks off. Last year the One was a mainly-for-enthusiasts-and-geeks device. Now the 2 is a for-geeks-but-also-people-seeking-an-alternative-device. The 3 will be a people-seeking-an-alternative-mainstream-device. OnePlus needs to adjust to that reality and realize that average Joe can't be bothered with spending days on a forum and hunting invites like it's Christmas. Joe just wants to click and pay. The OP2 gained a lot of attention, probably more than OnePlus expected, and I think some people will be upset by realizing they can't simply buy one and purely because of that will go for the Moto X Style instead - the somewhat only real competition. Which I think is a shame. With selling 1,5M OPO's and having already the same number on the reservation list for the OP2, hopefully they thought everything through and won't underestimate anything.

As for me and those 4 points...
    • I'm not an early forum supporter (because I didn't know a year ago this place existed)
    • I didn't buy the One (because I'm waiting for the 2)
    • I didn't stand in line for hours (because there wasn't any pop-up event nearby)
    • I didn't share the reservation list and I'm 59,XXX on it (because I don't like begging and spamming)
    So I guess my chances based on that are currently slim to none and I will have to wait more than a month. Which is a bummer, because every day I hate my S3 more and more. My only hope for an August invite is probably a contest or an unused invite by someone who covers some of those points and happens to like me. In other words, like many others, I'll need luck. But I'm here and trying to be active, not just for an invite, so I guess that's a start :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015

20. Keysertom
    KitKat Aug 3, 2015

Keysertom , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Can't wait to have the OnePlus 2 but no one knows how many invites will be distribute in 11 august ?