oneplus 2 or moto x play ?

1. 13h
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

2. mwayner
    Lollipop Sep 23, 2015

mwayner , Sep 23, 2015 :
    In the week or so I've had the OP2, the software has been improved by miles. Gone are the lags and stutters. In fact, it's safe to say performance is now blazing on OOS2.1. The camera, with it's modest improvements in 2.1, is nothing to sneeze at. All this with a stock kernel that's configured to emulate a hexa-core. A Play oughtn't be in the same conversation with a OP2. Back the camera, judge for yourself, those four tiny black resistors are size 0603, yet you can read the writing on them:
    IMG_20150922_195519.jpg

3. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2015

4. pierrelf
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2015

pierrelf , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Well if you're in the US, Moto X is your best bet. but if you are anywhere else in the world, get the OP2

5. sumedha90
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2015

sumedha90 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    I was at first very excited by the news of One Plus 2. It was my dream phone since then. However, the stupid invite system and the initial issues/delays took my excitement away. I bought Moto X Pure edition right on the day it was launched in USA. I am really happy with it's performance, turbo charging, build quality, better screen and better camera. I used a One Plus One earlier and I can certainly vouch for the premium build quality of Moto X which is far better than One Plus(even GSMArena says this in their review). I know I am missing the alert slider and the fingerprint scanner. But that's something I could compromise for everything that is not in One Plus 2 but in Moto X...!

6. everythingsablur
    Froyo Sep 23, 2015

everythingsablur , Sep 23, 2015 :
    About $499 USD for the 64 GB model (most comparable to the OP2), so it's $110 more than the equivalent OP2. Granted, for that you get a larger, higher resolution screen, microSD, the great Moto voice control, NFC, and fast charging, but you give up some RAM, minor CPU downgrade, noticeable GPU downgrade, and the fingerprint reader.

Really boils down to what you value more. Both are undoubtedly very very good devices that a lot of people would be very happy with. If you need a device immediately, get the Moto X (since you CAN get it). If you don't need/use NFC and can get an invite, get the OP2 and save $100.

viet420 likes this.
  7. prateek927
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2015

prateek927 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Hey Bud, howz your OP2 working ??

Tokolozi likes this.
  8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 23, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Had problems with paypal so still on the way, (was not OP's fault)

prateek927 likes this.
  9. Robinmatthew
    Eclair Sep 23, 2015

Robinmatthew , Sep 23, 2015 :
    I live in India, so i don't think the pay services that uses NFC is launched or used much in India (as far as i am concerned, it is not). So lack of NFC is not a huge bummer for me...1440p screen i thought would drain the battery faster and also performance lags a bit is what i read somewhere. Anyways, thanks for the info. :)

10. imcRAJze8898
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2015

imcRAJze8898 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    I am having invite + money?which 1 to buy?

11. imcRAJze8898
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2015

imcRAJze8898 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    How many minutes it takes to charge ?

12. viet420
    Donut Sep 23, 2015

viet420 , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Moto X Style if you can swing the extra 100 or so bucks. OP2 if you can't but I would even consider going to the second hand market and buying last year's flagship phones too.

Unlike most everyone on this forum I haven't been waiting for an invite for long, I showed up one day after hearing about the OnePlus 2 one day, saw there was a contest going on facebook (the day 1 giveaway) and won because I was in the right place at the right time. So I don't have the taint of the invite hype clouding my judgement.

However, even in spite of that, I feel like I kinda made a bad choice buying the OP2. I just bought the phone on a whim, it's nice, fast and zippy, has great hardware specs, but it doesn't even have stuff like quick charging and NFC and the sad part is, is that the Moto X Style with 32 GB (doesn't matter for the 64 GB model anymore because of expandable memory) has NFC, has quick charging and comparable specs to most of the other flag ships out there and is about the same price. It may be like half a step slower but it has so many of the features that will become important over the next year or two.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

13. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2015

ItsBrock , Sep 24, 2015 :
    I got mine from a Vodafone store in Australia. Pretty sure you can buy it directly from Motorola's website.

14. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2015

ItsBrock , Sep 24, 2015 :
    About an hour. That's charging from below 5% battery remaining and the device on while charging.

15. imcRAJze8898
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2015

imcRAJze8898 , Sep 24, 2015 :
    your beard <3

16. motoadnanx
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

motoadnanx , Oct 5, 2015 :
    I agree!!

17. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2015

fxguru77 , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Get the felling that almost everyone commenting is still frustrated waiting for an invite if the moto is better just buy one and stop using this forum

18. xxBrun0xx
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2015

xxBrun0xx , Oct 5, 2015 :
    I've owned both of these phones at the same time. I ended up returning the Moto X because I didn't like how it felt in the hand. Felt slippery, not easy to hold, was too thin and too wide to hold confidently. I loved the way the Oneplus One felt in the hand. Not in love with the 1+2 feels due to metal frame (feels slippery), but the sandstone back helps a lot, whereas the Moto's back was not grippy at all. Also, the Moto's back was rounded, so moved around a lot when using it flat on a table. That drove me nuts. Other than that and the slightly worse battery life, it's a better phone than the 1+2 in pretty much every way. All depends on what you're looking for.

19. 20legend
    Froyo Oct 5, 2015

20. Henessy
    Donut Oct 5, 2015

Henessy , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Go for moto x play, I have an OP2 , Phone is amazing but somehow my handphone has an issue where I am not able to access data when I am on SIM. I checked the same SIM in other phone and it works Fine...
    Few might get faulty handsets which is accepted.... But when contacting the customer care no one attends the call... When we submit a ticket no one responds... its been a week now and still no update. Donno where shd I head to as there is no Service centre for oneplus in SIngapore...
    None of the admins replies to my threads.... Support was not at all a good experience for me.

Finally if you get a good handset it is a good choice but if there is an issue with your handset you will not know where to head to and leave the handset behind use your old handset. :(