1. Oneplus 1s

2. Oneplus 1+

3. Oneplus 2 2016 Flagship Killer

4. Oneplus 2 2014 Flagship Killer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

skromnia , Jul 29, 2015 :
    The old One is sold out everywhere. I guess they are trying to force new customers to buy the Two.

2. DRS2442
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

DRS2442 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Apple figured this out quicker than most manufacturers, and decided to stop wasting version numbers on incremental hardware updates. The renew cycle for most phones is 2 years (for anyone using contracts anywhere in the world). Therefore, there is no need for major updates every year, but in fact, every 2 years. Even if you're not on contract, the typical consumer would keep their phone for 2, maybe 3 years or more.

Seems like OnePlus figured this out as well.

Yes, it's an incremental bump, and I would agree it's like a 1S except that it actually isn't. I'd think by now Android users would figure out that specs aren't everything - let us see what O2OS can bring to the table working with the hardware we have.

Expect to see the obvious upgrade to the OPO next year, and expect to see the huge jump from the OP2 the following year. It makes business sense not to put out an all-out-spec a phone every year, as the same consumers would not buy a phone every year.

And if you will/do buy a phone every year, you're in the minority that seeeems like the majority, because you're in a tech forum.

3. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

Can you imagine that we have new Nexus coming out soon, new Moto X, Note 5, Edge+, G4 Pro, iiPhone 6s, new flagship from Oppo and a bunch of other (better) phones.

patchfinder likes this.
  4. godlycadaver
    KitKat Jul 29, 2015

godlycadaver , Jul 29, 2015 :
    so many choices ...im aiming for note 5 or edge+ but the nexus could win me over

5. moonspeak
    Froyo Jul 29, 2015

moonspeak , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I think the decision to use a 1080p screen was a smart one. I wish everyone would GTFO with this stupid numbers game and quit falling prey to it.

This isn't a wall-mounted, wall-powered TV screen where a bigger picture is objectively better and power consumption is of little concern. It's a portable device that needs to utilize battery power in the most efficient way possible. More pixels does not equal an objectively better experience. It equal shorter battery life at a MINIMAL gain in screen clarity, if that.

Do yourself a favor and don't be a victim of stupid marketing gimmicks like "QUAD HD". Nobody benefits from these quad battery suckers and OnePlus should be applauded for not trying to fool us with that malarkey.

DRS2442 likes this.
  6. redleema
    KitKat Jul 29, 2015

7. Dmiket12
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

Dmiket12 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I literally have a defending point on every one of your points, but I just don't feel like typing every one of them. :cool:

magnum300 likes this.
  8. Uncoloredpoem
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2015

9. springerj78
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2015

10. Dmiket12
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

Dmiket12 , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I completely agree. I thought the design was terrible at first, but now I kind of like it.

nmarcel12 and jnmaster like this.
  11. palmaholic

palmaholic , Jul 29, 2015 :
    16G version is just a vanilla version. Even, Apple is still selling this version. However, please check out why.

Ok, of all the missing feature, I'm only frustrated with the missing NFC. This might not be significant over the last year (2014), but the world is putting more and more usage of NFC. Moreover, I'm a little worry that the lens' position at the back of the phone.

Let's look things the other way. Battery life may improve with OxygenOS optimization in future, hopefully, in near future.

Perhaps, it's me; I never into the idea of playing music on the phone speaker(s). I rather play over my earphones or external speakers either wired or bluetooth.

I'm a bit sad that OP2 isn't adapting the USB 3.1 spec. with the faster charging algorithm. However, I can still live with it, since the battery itself should more or less last for a day. In terms of efficiency, I'm not fond of wireless charging.

Sound switch does worry me as well. Like what you mentioned, I do hope it won't be toggled whenever I put the phone in/out of my pocket. Hope it's a bless than a curse.

Lastly, I'm not into the fingerprint stuff. Of its design, Snapdragon 820 will improve it, since it's able to ultrasonic scan fingerprint with metal in between. However, it's future stuff, we have to wait to see.

All in all, OP2 is a significant step over OP1. When we look over to the other phones, many of them may not have as many improvements as OnePlus did for its 2nd version. Technology is one thing, user experience is another. I prefer user experience. Honest speaker, I've wasted a lot of money over some high tech but dumb electronic products.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

patchfinder, magnum300 and skromnia like this.
  12. jnmaster
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2015

jnmaster , Jul 29, 2015 :
    The camera was really annoying me at first lol! It looked misplaced, but its all good now!

magnum300 likes this.
  13. Tepi

14. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

I generally agree with what you said above, but we are talking about Oneplus here. The average Joe hasn't heard of Oneplus and the geeky minority like us actually are the majority of people who bought OPO.
    After almost 1 happy year with my OPO I want something new, its not that I will do great things with it, I'm just bored and I guess its like that with most of the geeks, they get bored quickly. Therefore, I would be more than happy to pay let's say 500 bucks for a better Oneplus 2.
    In that respect Motorola nailed it with 2 versions on the new X, so am slowly going that way.

magnum300 likes this.
  15. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

Great opinion, but I disagree. Everyone was talking the same about the 1080p screen, remember?
    Quad HD is last year's tech. Motorola Turbo handled the performance with SD805 and retained the excellent battery life with the extra juice LAST NOVEMBER. If Samsung had put the same 3000mah battery found in the OPO, the S6 battery life would have been better that the OPO with 8 cores and QHD onboard.
    Have you ever seen the S6 Edge's screen by the way or G4?

Oscarbchacon likes this.
  16. joesweeney413
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2015

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

17. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

If your first language is not English use google translate mate. If it is, well, shame on you. Autocorrect should do the job as well.

18. nsuhailahmed
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2015

19. skromnia
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

skromnia , Jul 30, 2015 :
    The USB-C cable is like the apple's lightning cable:
    - it's better
    + why?
    - because it's reversible
    + so what? It doesn't charge faster!
    - yeah, but it's better.
    + OK

You catch my drift?

magnum300 likes this.
  20. KronicRageQuittr
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

KronicRageQuittr , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I feel as though none of those options truly give the one plus justice. Ye sure OnePlus is a bit high on themselves saying that this phone will compete with 2016 flagships, but let's be real: You're getting a phone that compete with the 2015 Flagships for $300-$400.. How is that NOT an incredibly strong alternative/option to coughing up $700 for similar specs, build quality and performance? Maybe the phone doesn't destroy flagship phones per say, but it debunks the belief that to get the best mobile experience, you need to cough up over a half a grand.

magnum300 likes this.