1. Oneplus 1s

2. Oneplus 1+

3. Oneplus 2 2016 Flagship Killer

4. Oneplus 2 2014 Flagship Killer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moritzbm
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

moritzbm , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Indeed, that'd be awesome. I'd still have to go for the OPOs kinda thing, but I guess the other one you are thinking about would at least stop the constant discussion of NFC (it would have NFC in that ideal world, right?)

skromnia likes this.
  2. MatthUnderpants
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

MatthUnderpants , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Right. But 500 is too high, around 400$ would be.

3. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

4. fredbenichou
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

fredbenichou , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I experienced th OP2 in Paris Event.
    I agree it is a bit alike the one. The shock was not there. upmost, the event did a little bit miss the UMOT (ultimate moment of truth) they were trying to have.
    very good phone but to similar; worth changing ? i would say yes because i can afford. if you have money issue, do not rush,

magnum300 and skromnia like this.
  5. magnum300
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

magnum300 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Exactly my line of thinking right now ... ;)

Dmiket12 likes this.
  6. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

skromnia , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The thing I like most in the OP2 is that it's gonna make my OPO worth more when I sell it to get a G4 or Moto X;)

7. dxan_lam16
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

dxan_lam16 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    A phone is just a phone. I join the forums just for fun because of a lot of nice things and people on the forums. When I need a phone, I am looking for a potential unit with open mind. So far, op2 is a very good candidate because of its price and specs.

magnum300 and Teejaye1100 like this.
  8. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

ronc777can , Aug 2, 2015 :
    All I really want on the Oneplus 2 is the NFC. Without it they really took a step back. Everything else on it has been an improvement more or less (less on the battery life it seems). As much as I'm hoping for those pins under that back cover allows NFC to be enabled...and seriously 16 Gb as the base is too little (given it doesn't even have expansion). I max it out just with apps...

skromnia likes this.
  9. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Teejaye1100 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Man, it makes me wonder what was people expecting?? How much better could it have been?

magnum300 likes this.
  10. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

skromnia , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The point is that they have taken out something which was there on the OPO, which costs just a couple of bucks. And the 16gb is a joke, its like 2min of 4k video...

11. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

With that amount of hype, probably a lot of people's expectations was riding on the 2. Better would have been nothing less than the 1. Right now it sits better than the 1 in some places and worse in others.That's the biggest problem for me is that they haven't exactly moved forward. Argh!

magnum300 and skromnia like this.
  12. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

How haven't they moved forward? Do tell....

13. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

skromnia , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Ppl wanted 2k or at least AMOLED screen.
    Ppl wanted more megapixels, they could just have interpolated the 13meg to 16meg and nobody would even notice.
    Ppl wanted MicroSD card slot.
    Ppl wanted fast charge, not bloody 3h+ charging time with the all new USB-C.
    Ppl wanted a bit better battery life, considering the new thicker phone they could have stuffed something bigger.

And nobody really wanted a SD810, I can assure you.

14. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

So because they have taken something out, its a deal breaker?? HUH? LOL. I think some people are just reaching and any little thing. Motorola announces a phone with an QHD Display with a 3,000 mAH battery, no OIS, no fingerprint sensor, DDR3 when DDR4 is in most new phones, a month and a half launch after the announcement and no one says a word.... LOL, but no NFC is a deal breaker...... Ooooooooo k

magnum300 and Ceasedd like this.
  15. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2015

16. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

2K is overrated. The original One didn't have a Sd card. Where do people get this from. Fast charge is an hour and half from o to 100, while One Plus 2 is 2hrs & 11mins. The 2 has an 3,300 mAH battery it is bigger than last years. Contracts were signed already and the 810 was locked in. I hear the 820 won't be out until Q1 of 2016, so you will have to wait anyway

jnsson and magnum300 like this.
  17. Ballistix
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Ballistix , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The only thing i need in OP2 is fast charging. Don't need other. Also most content is still 1080p, next jump will me 2160p, that's why I don't see point in 1440p screen and yes I have 1440p phone ( note 4)

Teejaye1100 likes this.
  18. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

skromnia , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Motorola never said anything about flagship killing.

19. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

And I never believed the "Flagship Killer" tag line!! It's a way for them to hype up their own company.. This ain't my first rodeo, I never believe that, so for you too shame on you. LOL, you kidding me? It's no difference from Apple using the word "Magical" or "Best iPhone Yet" it builds hype for them. SMH

magnum300 likes this.
  20. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Haven't exactly moved forward. They have moved forward but also stepped backwards. No NFC, slower charging speed, anything less than the 1 is a step back. Many of the actual improvements are incremental kind of meh.

RFI = room for improvement, Ex = Excellent, G = Good, A = Acceptable, F = Fail
    Screen: sorta moved forward with supposedly better brightness? (RFI)
    Battery life: approximately as good or maybe worse than the 1 (according to reviews) 200 mAh increase isn't a lot and SD810 maybe even thirstier. (RFI)
    USB Type-C: the point of it is the whole package with high speed transfer rate, charging speed (well amperage that can go through), and the reversible plug, they implemented 1/4. (RFI)
    Charging: I was fairly impressed with the 1's charging speed. I could get a decent amount in 45 minutes kind of thing. (RFI)
    Ram: 4 Gb kudos, cause that met my expectations. (Ex)
    Snapdragon 810: not really future-proofing much. Arguably Samsung's chip is better and the 801 seems like it might actually drain less battery life and work better overall. Don't feel like they've actually chosen the best. (A)
    Camera: would have liked to see LG G4's camera on it (basically more MP with laser and OIS)
    NFC: or the lack of makes it a step backwards and is really holding back the status of the 2. Easily avoidable problem and did it really warrant removal of the feature? (F)
    Dual SIM: don't care about but if they did that at least make one of them able to put in a MicroSD for those who don't use dual (RFI)
    Fingerprint Sensor: That's cool (G)
    Design: Still the sandstone black...it worked for the 1 it looks cheap on the 2. Give option for the Silk white maybe? I guess the style swap covers have something going for it. The sandstone black isn't quite sexy. It's different, but that's it. I do prefer the overall design to the 1 (A)

Where they could have improved, they didn't do enough, whereas the new implementations are half baked and an area of fail is unacceptable (easily could have avoided that predicament). For the price it is a good phone but comparing it back to the 1 it isn't significantly better.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

Jekk and skromnia like this.