1. Oneplus 1s

2. Oneplus 1+

3. Oneplus 2 2016 Flagship Killer

4. Oneplus 2 2014 Flagship Killer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

ronc777can , Aug 2, 2015 :
    When they brought out the one it was a "Flagship Killer" It had all the important specs a flagship had but at nearly half the price. That gave a taste of "Flagship Killer" and set a baseline. Apple's "best iPhone yet" has always been an improvement too denser screen, faster processor, more features (people could argue about design and screen size). They've never had any less features so that's legit. Samsung's "The next big thing is here" At least they make it available and also improvement (battery life is the only shortcoming but they do make larger capacity phone with the removal of microSD and quick and wireless charge with non removable battery). They make it big. Fact is, Oneplus gave us a taste of what it was and what it could be. Fell short quite a bit.

2. thejchen7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

3. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Teejaye1100 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I'm curious..... What is your take on Motorola's newly announced phones?

4. onekingfisher
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

onekingfisher , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I am like you I will just wait it out Woodstock Ga. #246

Superbrowndude likes this.
  5. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

That is not entirely true about Apple.

6. balu909
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2015

balu909 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I too was comparing both oneplus 1+ & oneplus 2 no NFC a clear incapability and for oneplus 2 hype by invite. Hence I am on my to oneplus 1+.

skromnia likes this.
  7. lh1971
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

lh1971 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Same here.

8. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 2, 2015

Radeon962 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Oneplus Two is a good phone but it's not even a 2015 Flagship Killer let alone a 2016 Flagship Killer

skromnia and Jupeeeeee like this.
  9. stuie bedubbie
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

stuie bedubbie , Aug 2, 2015 :
    im with you mostly,
    its an ok phone but its not rockin my foundations
    Im happy to stick with my ever reliable plusone rocking on tesla rom
    at the moment not sure what ill do if the elusive invite comes my way...
    want to see more reviews when its actually released from a wider range of people...
    and wait to see what a new N5 brings, if there even is one coming?

10. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

Jupeeeeee , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Fanboys sayin' the OnePlus Two rocks. Oh wow... OPO was really the best, but OPT? Just horrible.

11. Oneplusvietfan
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2015

Oneplusvietfan , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Should i buy a new oneplus one 64gb or a new oneplus 2 16gb?

12. Inzun
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

Inzun , Aug 2, 2015 :
    One Plus Two = 3. One Plus One = 2. Obviously, I am going for the one with the bigger value which means Illuminati confirmed. There's 3 sides on a triangle, so if you add one and two, it makes 3. Illuminati confirmed.
    [​IMG]

Mr. President likes this.
  13. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

I have looked into it a bit but I wouldn't say it's the true flagship killer or anything like that. I think Motorola has done a pretty good job in improving the specs with a pleasant surprise of having a good price while things like water repellent nano coating, increased screen resolution and camera upgrade are also there. I don't like the 5.7" screen as my max preferred is 5.5" Even then I would prefer smaller such as 5.2" and 5" (personal sweet spot). They haven't done any crazy marketing phrases either so not much backlash. If I were to get what I want on the Motorola X Style, I would want a smaller screen, USB Type C 3.1, and 4 Gb ram, that would make me happy. Other than that, it's a phone for other people but they have improved and nothing mentionable in terms of subtraction. The X Play isn't really a flagship but it's a nicely priced one which I could recommend people on a slightly tighter budget.

By no means is Oneplus 2 a bad phone, but because Oneplus 1 was the baseline, OP2 does not live up to expectations.

Personally I think LG G4 is a really good phone. Only problem is I can't easily get it unlocked, it also doesn't have pentaband 3G connectivity and it still doesn't quite meet all my requirements.

ZTE Axon phone is also a pleasant surprise. I just don't like the 32 internal I need at least 64 or give a microSD expansion. Their design is nice though as it is different and sure to turn heads.

14. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

I see. But Motorola left out some of the most critical features also, more than One Plus 2 like: No OIS in the camera! This is 2015. No fingerprint reader, most flagships have that. DDR3?? HUH? Most flagships have DDR3 with 4GB of ram, no dual sim, a QHD LCD display with a small 3,000 battery terrible combo, no alert slider(Apple/One Plus) I can go on and on. No one is saying a word on these missed/left out features. The Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X 2015 is their flagship phone. Just because One Plus took a feature out from last year, what they added out weighs whats missing and arguebly beats what competition has in their flagships. Come on man, its like some people are looking at the glass half empty, when it's actually full. The price starts at $329/$389 bruhhh

magnum300 likes this.
  15. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Problem is Oneplus set baseline with the op1. And now it is the "2016 flagship killer". Yeah Motorola is using 3 Gb ram. That's pretty typical of 2015. There are only 2 other more common phones i know of in the market that is with 4 Gb which is Zenfone and AxphoneTheThe beast phone that would probably fulfill 2016 flagship would be LeTV Le MAX. The specs impressed me though I kind of forget how it actually is now. Moto x with Qhd with 3000 mAh will depend on real life performance. Actual battery life does not completely depend on battery size and display resolution alone. If given 3300 mAh for the OP2 vs 3100 mAh in the OP1 and the 2 can't beat the 1 then they haven't improved at all despite having 200 mAh more battery capacity. If moto X style out performs the OP2 what would you say? I've seen phones with less juice out run some with more. The Motorola X Style isn't trying to be more than it is. The OP2 is. Difference is moto x never had fingerprint sensor or a alert slider. Many flagships don't have that. But when OP2 takes away something that should be standard in a mid range phone even low range and then calls themselves a flagship killer is overboard. Moto x style is just adding on more things instead of subtracting. That's key. OP2 isn't even trying to compensate for lack of NFC or fast charging. If it is guaranteed 1.5 day battery then sure that compensated. If they have covers that can add on NFC as an optional cover I'm fine with that too. I'm not fine with a standard feature found in Android phones taken out for no good reason and then pretending that phone is the best thing ever. (Apple does that too with lack of certain things, one reason I don't like apple much). It's not so much about just the lack of a little used feature but the direction they went with it. Yeah it's a great phone for the price. I think most people agree with that. Performance for price is remarkable no doubt. Will I support Oneplus in their decision? Probably not. Will I give them more chances? Yes as much as they've let down. But now they'll have to prove themselves and win back some of their original supporters that they have deserted. I love their price, but I disagree with their philosophy if that's the way they're going. Moto x style is clear with what they are and doesn't play it up too much. No one is going to bash them much for their offerings. They're relatively honest and modest. Oneplus plays up everything they are. Yeah they are making it big, they want to be big, they want to be known, but then back it up. They claim not about the product but the movement and community behind it. If that's what they actually believed in it is good. They value what the people want, they value improving and moving forward from the past and looking to push the envelope just a bit further. Or maybe it isn't a lie. They said never settle, but for what? We thought never settle for less, maybe they're saying never settle for more.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

skromnia likes this.
  16. rrluvs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

17. Mr. President
    Donut Aug 2, 2015

Mr. President , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Glorious Gaben has confirmed hl3.

18. Inzun
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

Inzun , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Lord Gabe Newell.

19. Teejaye1100
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

Your speaking from a tech guy who is into this stuff. At the end of the day, the average consumer doesn't care about the tactics of a company or their inner workings, they care about the final product. All this other spec disagreement, thats for the tech community. You say they have to win back the original supporters? I disagree. They are on a totally different level than last year with the support. Their marketing/advertising with the help of the media is on 10 right now. They may lose some, but bet your top dollar they will gain so much more. And just because Motorola didn't hype their phones like OP2, doesn't mean anything. I don't care about HYPE or advertising practices. Just because they were quit doesn't mean it is better.

20. skromnia
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2015

skromnia , Aug 2, 2015 :
    The average consumer has never heard of Oneplus and the only potential customers are us, the owners of OPO and our friends and family.
    And leave Moto aside, they never mentioned "flagship" anywhere. For your info Moto X is not their flagship, its the Turbo by the way, which came out last year and it is still better in any way than the OP2.