Oneplus 2 owners

1. Avincric
    Eclair Mar 14, 2017

Avincric , Mar 14, 2017 :
    Will most definitely not buy a OnePlus phone again. Our 2 got Marshmallow when Nexus users were in the process of getting official Nougat after rounds of Nougat beta.That's not the amount of time a company has to make you wait for an update, especially when you have just one phone to update. When you're buying a phone, you're not just paying for the phone but also for the updates that the company promises for the next 2 years(or whatever the period for the particular phone).
    Now since the release of the 3 and 3T, OP2 has been completely left out (not forgotten, how can a company 'forget' a phone when they have just 3 phones?). And it is so irresponsible of not even giving an APPROX ETA for the update. Forget ETA, they're not even providing ANY kind of status updates. I know it's a small company, but if so, they shouldn't have released another phone if they're not able to support the existing one. If one just wants good specs, there are plenty of great options with value for money at lower price points.
    I don't understand why moderators are closing duplicate threads asking for Nougat ETA. I understand closing threads with problems that already have a solution (or have been answered). If we don't create any kind of commotion, OnePlus will just take OP2 users for granted and provide updates any time they want to. We have to make them realise that it's high time now. And the only way for that is through the Community. When the next OP phone comes out, i bet they'll 'forget' the 3 and 3T too.
    I didn't create a separate thread for making such a long post coz of course it would be closed. I hope our existing Nougat thread(s) make the company at least a bit aware of our frustration.

2. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2017

tulip_bibs , Mar 14, 2017 :
    Well I am into rooting and custom ROMs but won't buy OP again considering their lack of support and development. They should pay at least basic attention to their normal customers, most of the people don't want to root their phone, but OP's first party OS is more buggy than the third party ones. This was my last OP phone.

Avincric likes this.
  3. Dillinger
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2017

Maheshbujji likes this.
  4. LoaizaDaniels
    Eclair Mar 14, 2017

LoaizaDaniels , Mar 14, 2017 :
    OP2 owner and currently my daily driver (despite the last update / battery drain), aiming to 3T when I get the chance.

5. TheFinalAct
    Froyo Mar 14, 2017

6. TheFinalAct
    Froyo Mar 14, 2017

TheFinalAct , Mar 14, 2017 :
    Have you tried flashing a ROM? If so consider Cosmic OS, there are weekly if not daily updates on the ROM

7. sumsulk
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2017

sumsulk , Mar 14, 2017 :
    I will, just cause OnePlus won't release updates doesn't mean that I won't buy their phones. I bought a OP2 knowing that it would support a lot of custom roms and that's what I need. And I expect the future OP phones to have the same support for many custom roms

8. spdem
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

spdem , Mar 14, 2017 :
    I have a op2.. I never had any problems with the phone and I'm very pleased with it.. My next phone is definitely going to be a 1+.. As for the updates that everybody is whining i think they are pretty decent as far as I can tell because as I said I have no problems here.. Thanks 1+..[e]1f44d[/e]

9. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 14, 2017

ShortyEx , Mar 14, 2017 :
    First of all, Nexus are devices made for Google to sell to developers. These always have the latest version of Android because they get the pure vanilla version straight from Google. You cannot expect other companies to do the same, that's just not how it goes. Adoption rates for Nougat are still on the low side, OnePlus is no exception in these statistics.

Not to defend OnePlus because the way the communicate is pure and utter s**t.

On to "don't understand why moderators are closing duplicate threads asking for Nougat ETA".
    This is happening because no ETA is known, nor will it be communicated. The update will come when it's ready, that's the way it's been for a while and how it will stay.
    I don't think you understand that the forums are for, and maintained by, the community. This means that it is here to let users help each other out. There is nearly no OnePlus staff on here and they don't actually read the threads created here. So, in essence, these duplicate threads don't cause a commotion, they just create clutter on the forum for people who have actual problems and are looking for support in the community.

tl;dr Oneplus never reads whats happening here, duplicate posts are for self-centered *insert curseword* ;-)

foxyone and lraa like this.
  10. F_Sajjad_Salim_rCax
    Eclair Mar 14, 2017

Maheshbujji likes this.
  11. Sunny5101
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

Sunny5101 , Mar 14, 2017 :
    How to install lineage OS

12. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Mar 14, 2017

ShortyEx likes this.
  13. smith10
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

smith10 , Mar 14, 2017 :
    How's the camera? Better than stock?

14. G_karlo_ban_THqd
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

15. Dhiyaa
    Donut Mar 14, 2017

Dhiyaa , Mar 14, 2017 :
    software experience & timely updates are by far the most important thing for me so I'm willing to pay more for my own sake & buy a Google Pixel XL 2, as for my one plus 2 it would still be good as a back phone or for experimenting ;-)

16. Dhiyaa
    Donut Mar 14, 2017

Dhiyaa , Mar 14, 2017 :
    backup phone*
    grrrr i hate spelling mistakes

17. Aki1596
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2017

Aki1596 , Mar 14, 2017 :
    well, ok you were asking for help, which is clearly understood from your post (really?)
    and asking others, if they gonna buy any 1+ device ever again, is going to help you with your bugs ( seriously?)
    if you really want some support, ask a legitimate question and stop creating pointless threads.
    and yeah, atleast bother to search before asking for support, there may be many other threads that can help you with your problems.

18. Ashu0612
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

19. Robson
    KitKat Mar 14, 2017

Robson , Mar 14, 2017 :
    nope.Users usually flash Oxygen camera zip on Los

yogeshgamerz likes this.
  20. biswadeepmishra
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2017

biswadeepmishra , Mar 14, 2017 :
    I'm an OPT user. Not sure I'd buy again. Maybe Moto or Mi next tym. May even consider Samsung cos of OS stability... :/