Oneplus 2 oxygen os 2.1.1 bugs

1. bubusettete
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

bubusettete , Nov 10, 2015 :
    I just baught the oneplus 2, after months of waiting for an invite... is it worth it? ... Not yet...

Bugs I have:
    1- Famous wifi issue (mabye they will resolve it on the next update)
    2- Fingerprint reader: works fine for the first 2 fingers you set, you can set up 5, the last 3 are difficult to wake up with.
    3- Dual tap on screen to wake up. Works only 1 time out of 6.
    4- Volume on call: Usually, when I call someone and the volume is low, I keep the phone on my ear to hear them speek and change the volume. If I do this with the OPT it goes on to loud speaker.

It does NOT HEATE or lagg. So greate job on that!

There are other minor buggs, like the colour change. there is the option to add more or less colour to the screen. It goes on black and white, but on max colour there is no change from medium colour.. and things like that...
    Besize that, I REALLY hate the long time it takes to charge up... It does have a good batery life and camera and good performance... but seeing the issues, no nfc, no fast charge, no memory slot etc.. It does Not stand up for the price.. I hope you fix those MAJOR issues soon, if not I'll try to give the phone away....

Oneplus, On this one You really SETTLED in my opinion!

2. ElfStone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2015

ElfStone , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Hey there,
    Give a different kernel a try. I tried: AK, Boeffla and Sandy.
    Both AK and Boeffla are quite ok. A lot of issues are gone for me.
    Try AK first, and if you are happy, just keep it.
    Enjoy your 1+2! :)

Flyologist and bubusettete like this.
  3. cboursinos
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2015

4. bubusettete
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

what about CM 13? is it out yet, did you try it?

5. ElfStone

ElfStone , Nov 10, 2015 :
    There is some Beta version, from what I've read. I am not quite ready to give it a try. Enjoying my fingerprint reader a bit too much at the moment, haha!
    I would suggest you stick to OxygenOS for a while, try different kernels and then try a different ROM.

bubusettete and khaniq like this.
  6. locxFIN
    KitKat Nov 10, 2015

locxFIN , Nov 10, 2015 :
    ROM =/= kernel. You can have a Cyanogenmod and a custom kernel. Also CM 13 isn't out for OP2 yet.

7. khaniq

khaniq , Nov 10, 2015 :
    a few newbie question...
    to try a different kernel i will have to root the device,, that means i wil lose ota?
    will the finger print sensor stop working on other kernels ???
    what extra feature will get if i change the kernel ?

bubusettete likes this.
  8. browney
    Eclair Nov 10, 2015

browney , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Out of the ones you mentioned the only one I have seen is when the battery gets low wifi seems poor (still connected but apps wont load/update (facebook, ebay) )

bubusettete likes this.
  9. bubusettete
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

I have Oxygen OS, you are saying that it is still based on CM?

10. locxFIN
    KitKat Nov 10, 2015

locxFIN , Nov 10, 2015 :
    No, they're different things. Some ROMs are based on either one of them, though. And, for example, AK kernel has different versions for CM and OOS ROMs. Not all ROMs based on either one are compatible with AK kernel, but at least the base ROMs are.

bubusettete likes this.
  11. locxFIN
    KitKat Nov 10, 2015

locxFIN , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Yes, you will lose OTA. But it's not a huge inconvenience to flash them yourself, you don't even lose your personal data.
    You won't lose fingerprint reader if you stay on OxygenOS, that's what it's dependent of, not kernel.
    You get various hardware tweaks, like screen calibration, CPU under/overclocking and other performance related stuff.

khaniq likes this.
  12. Alcubot
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

Alcubot , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Another Big Bug: when i make a call using the key to type the number, the system sets the sim i use to call as preferred sim....why??? My initial setting for the call is ask every time the sim to make a call....please solve the problem as son as possible!!

13. samar pradhan
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2015

samar pradhan , Nov 10, 2015 :
    My OP2 gets switched off automatically while the battery is still at 20-30% range .. Anyone has seen this ??

14. Alcubot
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

Alcubot , Nov 10, 2015 :
    mine too, but when battery has 2 or 3 cycles of recharge, then the situation gets better...

15. Alcubot
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

16. samar pradhan
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2015

samar pradhan , Nov 10, 2015 :
    You mean to say, after 2-3 full cycle of recharge you never hit the power off issue ??

17. khaniq

khaniq , Nov 10, 2015 :
    thank you... does rooting create any extra bugs in the os ?? oxygen is not very refined and bugs get created easily..
    cause as of now other than idle drain i m getting a good 4-5 hours of talk time with 4-5 hours of screen time and lots of internet on wifi and phone net and whats app mails camera.. lets say heavy to very heavy usage.. the battery lasts me more than 12 hours with that kiind of usage

18. locxFIN
    KitKat Nov 10, 2015

locxFIN , Nov 10, 2015 :
    Not really, since rooting doesn't really change anything, it just gives you access to files that are out of reach by default.

khaniq likes this.
  19. Alcubot
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

Alcubot , Nov 10, 2015 :
    yes

20. Alcubot
    Froyo Nov 10, 2015

Alcubot , Nov 10, 2015 :
    No one have my same problem?