OnePlus 2 Questions Answered!!!

1. mrbunny Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

mrbunny, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Hello all i just came back from the OnePlus pop-up event in London, i had a recent post about all the questions you want answered so i can ask or rather find out at the event. The link to that thread is listed below.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/hands-on-with-oneplus-2-ask-me-your-questions.330657/

First let me start by saying that i arrived at 11:45am and i was number 37 in the queue so i was in the top 50...Woooohoooo, I felt sorry for number 51.

They was handing out snacks quite often throughout the day, mostly crisps, chocolate and jelly babies. I met some cool people so the time went quick and some of the representatives came out with the phone to show you, which was nice. However, i noticed most people came around 4pm and my oh my was the queue insanely long...

We was divided into groups of 8 at a time and was only allowed 5 minutes (felt like less) to see the phone. You first had to sign in and then I was given a OnePlus T-Shirt and a "Never Settle" pen, sadly they had no "Never Settle" underwear!

i had a very limited time with the phone and could not test all that i wanted or even half but thankfully i spoke to Eric there technical guru who was kind enough to answer all my questions which i had printed out.

Thank You Eric.

Now here is what you have been waiting for, i brought along my OP1 to compare it against.

Hands On Questions (I can answer these with hands on demo)
    1. Does it have a 2.5D glass? (me) - No
    2. How does it feel in the hands compared to OPO, size feel etc (Andypatt3) - A bit heavier than the OP1 but not really noticeable, definitely more solid and better feeling. Feels more premium and sleeker i was impressed a very nice phone indeed.
    3. Is there a chrome rim around the fingerprint sensor? (digitaldr) - No
    4. How good the screen looks, color vibrancy, crispness, etc.? (Ironic Chloride) - The screen is definitely brighter which means its better for viewing outdoors and the colours are very slightly more saturated than the OP1 but you be hard pressed to tell the difference unless you compare them side by side. Overall Nice screen but not much difference than the OP1 at least nothing that i noticed. Samsung screens are much more saturated however, i love the OP1 screen so no complaints from me just don't expect much difference.
    5. Speaker quality compared to OP1? (RaptorFire) - Unfortunately, just as i was about to load up a Youtube video to test the sound quality the buzzer went off and i was told my time was up so i could not test the sound quality...sorry guys.
    6. Style swap cover quality? (dsmpampis) - They had them all on display along with a 3rd party Otto hardshell case for those who like extra protection. All the covers felt nice but note that the kevlar back is a finger print magnet, i know many wanted to know about the kevlar back. I personally would avoid it due to the finger prints.
    Representative Questions (These will be asked of a Oneplus member)
    1. Are there pins for a NFC style swap cover? Anymore covers planned? (digitaldr) - No pins for a NFC style swap cover sorry...NFC = NO. No mention on if they are introducing more covers as of yet but if i was a betting man i would say yes.
    2. What are the 2 contacts pins under the back for? (clayginn) - That is for the Hydrogen model in the China market and has nothing to do with NFC or wireless charging. Oxygen is for the Western Market and Hydrogen for the Chinese market. Ignore those pins they mean nothing to us, sorry.
    3. Will you be selling the OP2 with the style swap covers of your choice or will it come with the default swap cover only? (xavier1782) - It will come with the default Sandstone cover and you will have to buy the other covers separately.
    4. Is there a FM radio receiver? (Voodooman) - No FM Radio Receiver, sorry.
    5. Are the two speakers (stereo) or just dual mono like the OP1 and what is the audio chip used in the OP2? (Hagi) - The OP1 has dual mono speakers but the OP2 will just have a single mono speaker because the USB-C takes up more room than Micro-USB. However, he said the speaker was more powerful and they have a new equalizer built into the OS that takes specific advantage of that speaker. Unfortunately, i did not have enough time to test or confirm the quality of the speaker, sorry. They said and i quote "we use waves audio integration for amazing sound".
    6. What speakers do they use on OP2, since the OP1 used Yamaha? (Rafztafara) - He was unable to answer that question, he did not know, sorry.
    7. Does it support Bluetooth APTX? (keldon) - Sadly the answer is NO, i was looking forward to this one :0(
    8. Does the notification slider totally mute the phone? (MentalDraco) - Yes, flick the slider to the top and it will mute everything on the phone except alarms so that is nice, i like that feature.
    9. What is the glass covering the fingerprint sensor and the camera made of? (thinesh89) - They was unable to answer that question as they do not know but the main screen is made of Gorilla Glass 4 the latest in tempered glass.
    10. How will phone handle the 2 sims? (Bigdeez) - Simultaneous, you can set one to primary or have data going from one sim and voice minutes from the other sim and still able to receive phone calls from both, i like this feature.
    11. How long will it take to charge the battery from 0-100% (Everyone) - 2hrs11m for a complete charge, he was quite specific on this.
    12. Will custom rom be able to support the finger print sensor? (JohnS) - He was unable to answer this question except to say it depends on how willing external ROM manufacturers are willing to use this feature.
    13. How will OxygenOS updates be released, OTA or via ZipFile? (dachatwin) - OTA for the OP2 but still the old ZipFile method for the OP1, also no exact date on when the latest Oxygen OS will be coming to the OP1.
    14. How many invites are they releasing on the 11th, and how long will it take to get through their reservation list? (oXym0r0nic) - I quote "As many as possible and as fast as possible".
    15. When will the reservation list close and will the people's number be locked in and not move? (GeesRiK) - They don't plan to close the reservation list
    16. Will the OP2 make me better looking? (aspira) - YES

Well, i hope that helped a lot of you guys with your questions and i know you all want to know about the camera and over heating but i suggest you check out MKBHD Youtube channel who has had the phone for two weeks and done these tests. He mentioned the heating is only slightly more than the Samsung S6 Edge and a recent post mentioned that it remained 5 degrees cooler than the HTC M9 under all tests. MKBHD compares the camera to other flagship phones so i suggest you check out his video.

The goody bag i got had a aluminium water bottle similar to the Sigg bottles but with a OnePlus logo. They also gave me a "Never Settle" notepad, a pen, some stickers and a "Never Settle" T-Shirt.

Oh, did i forget to mention they gave me an invite too!!! So no more waiting i am ordering my OnePlus ASAP....

Phew this was a long post, i hope you all appreciate this.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

alienboy, airs, Luispro2 and 364 others like this.
  2. Peter8169 Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

Peter8169, Jul 31, 2015 :
    I have to say wow! This seems like a super long post which you had to put a lot of work into and I seriously thank you for that!
    I read all of your answers and almost all were questions of my own so again THANK YOU :D
    Oh also #HYPE for the 11th! :p

3. abhinay Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

rahul_sahu1, K471K5T and jay ray like this.
  4. brittonraya KitKat Jul 31, 2015

5. ThatAndroidGuy Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

ThatAndroidGuy, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Thanks man, reviews like this are always appreciated and help get hopes (and hype) up for the device. Good job! :D

rahul_sahu1 and jay ray like this.
  6. mrbunny Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

mrbunny, Jul 31, 2015 :
    No problem when i get the phone which will not be along as i now have an invite you can ask me more questions and i can do a proper test as i will actually have the phone.

7. hipsteradam Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

rahul_sahu1 likes this.
  8. Peter8169 Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

Peter8169, Jul 31, 2015 :
    I shall take you up on your offer! ;) Looking forward to it :D

jay ray likes this.
  9. jtalexandre Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

rahul_sahu1 and jay ray like this.
  10. mrbunny Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

mrbunny, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Oneplus 2 all the way even if they were both the same price mostly because i hate Touchwiz and i prefer the build of the OP2 phone, less fragile, less glass and bigger screen and battery.

11. Palazzo Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

Palazzo, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Wow. You crammed a lot into your 5 minutes (or 5 hours I guess! ).

Thanks so much for collecting all that information. You deserve to be one of the first to get one :D

12. dxan_lam16 Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

Aaroneloy21 likes this.
  13. Muha V Cupcake Jul 31, 2015

Bigdeezy likes this.
  14. hipsteradam Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

hipsteradam, Jul 31, 2015 :
    1. When will the reservation list close and will the people's number be locked in and not move? (GeesRiK) - They don't plan to close the reservation list

Really? This sucks this basically means that all the bots will be getting the Oneplus 2 and not the others. Are they stupid?

gargak and hokiefan11 like this.
  15. wiborn Cupcake Jul 31, 2015

wiborn, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Very nice review and information! Looking forward to get an invite!! :)

rahul_sahu1 likes this.
  16. dsmpampis Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

rahul_sahu1 likes this.
  17. CyberT Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

rahul_sahu1 likes this.
  18. mrbunny Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

mrbunny, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Thanks, i was well prepared and even printed out two copies of the questions just incase i lost the first one. I also made sure there was a technical guy i could speak to while i was waiting in the queue so i know exactly who to speak to and where to go to maximise my time.

Thank you Eric from OnePlus team for answering all my questions.

19. jrosser Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

jrosser, Jul 31, 2015 :
    Sweet job. Answered all my questions

rahul_sahu1 and sreejeshk007 like this.
  20. mrbunny Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

mrbunny, Jul 31, 2015 :
    All 50 got the invites, so yes first 50 first invites at least for London.