OnePlus 2 Sales Start in Malaysia - 22 Sept 2015

1. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 26, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Maxis 98RM unlimited call 1GB data, umobile RM70 7GB,unlimited call also

2. scoutfai
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

scoutfai , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Morning. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If we look at the FAQ of Zerolution in Maxis website, it is stated if Zerolution is terminated halfway, then the user only need to pay the remaining balance of the phone which is calculated base on the formula below:
    RRP/24*remaining months
    Not the formula below (which a lot of us thought is):
    Zerolution monthly installment*remaining months

So this means, if you stay longer with Zerolution, the cheaper you will get the phone. But for those who wish to activate Zerolution today and then terminate it the next minute once he/she bought the phone, he/she is actually will be buying the phone with total cost equals to RRP only (base on the formula used by Maxis).

Because of this, isn't it be no difference than the approach to just sign up a non-contracted MaxisOne postpaid plan, then directly buy the OPT from Maxis with RRP, then the next minute terminates the non-contracted MaxisOne plan (which will have no penalty supposedly, since is non-contracted).

With this approach, user can skip the hassle to do that Zerolution thing. And this approach is usable by anyone, be it existing Maxis or non-Maxis user, regardless of prepaid or postpaid user previously.

The only drawback I can imagine is usually at the 1st time signing up a non-contracted postpaid plan, an advance payment will be made 1st (equals to the 1st month commitment fee), which will be refund back to subscriber (so 1st month no need pay bill). And perhaps there will be some admin charge during registration. These fees I am concern that it will not be refundable if the subscriber terminates the plan the next day of registration. So in the end, the total cost of owning the phone using this approach will be a bit more than RRP.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

kampuamee likes this.
  3. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2015

stevenchow , Sep 26, 2015 :
    so is mean i need go sign maxisONE plan first or during get the invitation walk-in sign together with zerolution ? within 1month terminate any penalty fees?

4. AidenLock
    Froyo Sep 26, 2015

AidenLock , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Yes add this cost add that cost. add up it total cost got better choice for more handphone already

Cp value not worth already. Remember Pete Lau told want make Oneplus is most Cp value in this handphone market? Where is the culture gone?

5. ammarfz
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

ammarfz , Sep 26, 2015 :
    The problem is not on the zerolution plan. It is the maxisone plan. u need to subscribe to this plan in order to get the phone. Cheapest i think is rm98/month woth 1 gb internet. Not even worth it. Come on oneplus do something!!!

6. kampuamee
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2015

kampuamee , Sep 26, 2015 :
    yup, i have mentioned before the longer u stay with zerolution plan the cheaper the devise price but u need to stay/maintain with maxisone plan to enjoy this
    and bcos of all our voices, OP has done something with Maxis for those non-maxis subscribers and they are continuously negotiate with maxis now ;)
    once u have the invitation code, u can go to any maxis centre to move/change to maxisone plan and immediately sign the zerolution plan, then u may move/change back to surfmore plan after u get the phone almost immediately as well

Jevoly and finaldentiny like this.
  7. kampuamee
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2015

u have to tag @Adrian Lee to voice your concern, otherwise he will not notice u :p

8. Adrian Lee
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2015

Adrian Lee , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Hi, I've been hearing feedback as well, from @raindown that even the Maxis Centre at KLCC doesn't know what's going on. I've raised this to their head of retail who promised they'll fix it.

Frankly. If you encounter any issues at the stores, please tag me. If it's questions about Maxis Zerolution plan, see the earlier post from @limcheok about early termination with no penalties. For issues you face in the stores, let me know. I'll personally forward every single retail case until Maxis is aware. That's the least I can do.

9. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 26, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee the problem is most of Malaysian are prepaid user and you will lose all prepaid user sales .due to buy your phone need 2 years contract with Maxis With extremely expensive plan other telco just offer with unlimited call come with 7GB quata only RM70 and ,Maxis is RM98 yes unlimited call but data only 1GB. And I m very sure your market is not target postpaid user only, and may you help me extent my invite code? I will love to purchase oneplus instead of other smartphone but you need resolve the problem of prepaid user facing now. I believe that oneplus always care about your fans #neversettle

limcheok likes this.
  10. kampuamee
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2015

@ammarfz

11. ammarfz
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

ammarfz , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Thanks @kampuamee ;)

Exactly @43789, hopefully @Adrian Lee you can look into this matter as soon as possible. I already activated my invite and have 4 days left before it expired. I just want the phone, not maxis plan

limcheok and kampuamee like this.
  12. lutfirauf
    Donut Sep 26, 2015

lutfirauf , Sep 26, 2015 :
    I
    It would be the easiest if maxis can just allow us to buy the phone instead of needing us to tie with their carrier/plan.

limcheok, kampuamee and threesixty like this.
  13. scoutfai
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

scoutfai , Sep 26, 2015 :
    I have a friend who is MaxisOne plan subscriber. She is bonded by contract for 2 years kind of subscriber. She also bought one device of her own during sign up long time ago using discounted contract price.
    Is it possible to ask my friend, using her MaxisOne account to help me purchase the OPT using RRP (invite is my name but I have not assign it to my OnePlus account)?
    I guess she is not eligible for Zerolution because she has a habit of paying this month bill at next month.

14. chriswong79
    Donut Sep 26, 2015

chriswong79 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee I spent a freaking one hout on maxis website trying to find ways to purchase OP2 without a plan but to no avail, so I decided to give up. Then I saw your update above, and I happily printed it out and immediately rushed to Maxis centre in KLCC, then I was told I can only walk in from Sep 28 onwards cause they dont have the stock yet. I then came to Maxis centre at Sunway Pyramid and was told same damn thing. My invite expiring tomorrow, walk into maxis centre on sep28 with an expiring invite? Bollocks!

I just wana buy the fxxking phone, why so much of godxxxned hassles? and of all the telcos, why MAXIS?!!

15. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 26, 2015 :

Hi @Adrian Lee, I just checked with Maxis Center in Penang and they told me that by end of October, Maxis will allow purchase without contact for OPT. They also informed me that even if the invitation code is expired, i will be still eligible to purchase the phone by then. Is that true?

limcheok and yukilynn like this.
  16. threesixty
    Froyo Sep 26, 2015

threesixty , Sep 26, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee I have just been to Maxis at KLCC (before reading your post). I am a pre-paid user with another Telco, I am happy with their plan and find the MaxisOne plan too low on data and too high on cost.

KLCC Maxis said I cant buy the phone. I need to signup to MaxisOne plan as I have no credit rating with them. I can terminate this MaxisOne plan after day 1, but I need to pay phone RRP plus the duration of plan (e.g. RM98 x 12 months).

Please advise if this is incorrect and is changing. I am tired of waiting now and will just go to ******** next week if its going to take this long to sort out such a simple matter.

Maxis and OnePlus are suppose to be professional business entities right? How did nobody either of you employ think about the consequences of prepaid customers (Which accounts for a HUGE percentage of Malaysian phone users). Did nobody within either organisation think about a "minor" detail like this? Unbelievably inept, I can excuse Maxis as they are always like this - but I thought OnePlus was different

Not resolving issues before a major launch.... hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015

kampuamee likes this.
  17. Adrian Lee
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2015

I'm reporting this to Maxis. PM me your details. You can claim your invite first, it's valid for 5 days after.

limcheok and kampuamee like this.
  18. chriswong79
    Donut Sep 26, 2015

chriswong79 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee PM sent. I'm still sitting outside Maxis centre refreshing the thread hoping for a solution. Should I leave for home now? I'm here to buy the OP2 for myself, it's my birthday. Once I leave, I will never return and will just settle for honor 7

Adrian Lee likes this.
  19. Adrian Lee
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2015

Hold on. Tell them you're signing the Zerolution Plan. The KLCC store manager had been briefed.

finaldentiny and kampuamee like this.
  20. tenchi0205
    Froyo Sep 26, 2015

tenchi0205 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    I also waiting now around thr Maxis center here, just now the lady there said will call me if maxis allow for buying without contract... she said in 3 days will have answer... but my invite expired in 2 days.

limcheok, ammarfz and kampuamee like this.