OnePlus 2 Sales Start in Malaysia - 22 Sept 2015

1. cybreed
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

2. tktan54
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2015

tktan54 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    When I told Maxis Help Desk that I want to buy the phone outright, they told me that there is no such option at the moment, even with an invite. They advised to proceed to use the invite to purchase the OPT choosing the option to pay the full price of 1687 (without gst) and choose the Rm98 rate plan. They confirmed that the rate plan is not contractual and can be terminated anytime. However they said there is no written confirmation of that. Anyone in the forum has written confirmation of this, before I commit myself with the purchase? I don't want to be stuck with a contract with maxis. tq

@Adrian Lee

kampuamee and threesixty like this.
  3. kaide23
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2015

4. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2015

sykez , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Any Maxis postpaid with good track record is eligible for Zerolution, yes. So will if porting from another operator with good track record too. But takes 2 days to migrate. Doesn't matter if already using MaxisOne plan or whatever. But picking Zerolution or any other contract device, they all come with MaxisOne plan. This is even bad for existing Maxis users too. I'm sure many uses the SurfMore.

My sincere apologies, I meant to say MaxisOne plan itself isn't a contract, just like any other plans, teehee! :D I could use the MaxisOne plan just as I sign up a new number (no device), and be able to switch to any plan.

What we need right now is, a clear explanation from Maxis about what happens when we pick the RRP option than Zerolution. Is it really contract-less since there's absolutely no mention of it. Doesn't really follow the subsidy as the device price doesn't decrease when you pick a higher plan.

The contract @chriswong79 used follows the Zerolution subsidy since he paid RM999 (device) + RM512 (4mths advance payment) + 6% GST = RM1,601.65. That's the RM128 plan. If he picked RM98 plan, device price would be RM1,199. But he didn't mention the termination penalty. I went to Maxis KLCC yesterday, and they told me exact subsidy contract if not going to Zerolution. I could terminate after that, but need to pay the difference (exact calculation not sure). But since 4 months advanced is already paid, better stay for 4 months at least. I think it's non-refundable. I asked if there'd be any additions penalty charge, you know like those admission charge or whatever crap they say to squeeze us. They said there won't be.

I was actually referring to my post above and @scoutfai's post. Good thing you briefed the manager. I asked the first guy I saw at KLCC about OP2, and he had no idea when it's going to be available. Asked for manager, I was asked for the the invite code right away :D

I'm sorry, prepaid user's are eligible for Zerolution? Their FAQ disagrees. A special arrangement? If not, you're talking about the normal contract plan (subsidy). Just like how @chriswong79 bought it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

finaldentiny and poweruser0001 like this.
  5. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2015

poweruser0001 , Sep 27, 2015 :

Thanks for all the leg work. You have spent your time and energy and money trying to help all parties who just want to be proud owners of the OPT. You are the unsung hero who should be complimented. Thanks and keep up the effort.

But sadly, we are seem to be hitting the brick wall. Defending silence from the One Plus. Preset conditions by the local telco with the apparent stipulations: Here are options A, B and C. Take one. But no options for cash purchase.

Anyone sees any light at the end of the tunnel, yet???

6. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2015

7. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

8. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Hi all i notice that while you buy via maxis online >>oneplus do not apply any contract with it .

9. ammarfz
    Eclair Sep 27, 2015

ammarfz , Sep 27, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee

So i went to maxis centre in alamanda, putrajaya today. Had to bring my father since he is a maxis user so i can opt to use the zerolution plan under his name. Or else non maxis prepaid user like me had no other option other than being bound to the 2 years maxisone contract (very disappointed)

After giving all my father details, we were about ready to make the payment at the counter. They already put the OPT in the bag. Suddenly they said that there is a system problem preventing them to proceed with the payment. Had to wait around 30 minutes until they finally said that they cant do anything and other places are having similar problems processing zerolution plan for OPT. And now dont know have to wait until when (very very disappointed)

And for your information, yesterday i called the maxis customer service and they comfirmed with me that all maxis centre including the one in alamanda already have OPT stocks. Walk in there and the people there said they dont have any stock yet and the product have not been launch yet.

Thank you maxis. And thank you oneplus for collabrating with maxis. Especially for not giving us option to buy a non-contract phone :confused:

10. threesixty
    Froyo Sep 27, 2015

threesixty , Sep 27, 2015 :
    We just need a yes or no.

Can we cancel MaxisOne plan after a day? If yes, what are the penalties?

It's not a difficult question, but so far on my 3 trips to Maxis KLCC i have had 3 different answers and still don't have my OP2... And my invite runs out in 16hra....

11. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    @tannylsy You need login to oneplus.net for purchase, you click on your own invite for order online @maxis.com

@ammarfz You have to notice yes maxis do having the stocks , but OPT only available for purchase after 28/9/2015.
    Hope this can help you

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

12. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    @threesixty For your information Maxis Oneplan do not come with any contract , its only will come with contract while you are purchase a phone with maxis (for oneplus two not sure yet) . and yes if you dont having any contract with maxis you may terminate it without a sen of penalty payment,But you already pay for at less RM98 advance payment for the Maxis Oneplan , and advance payment is non refundable.

13. ammarfz
    Eclair Sep 27, 2015

ammarfz , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Yep but then i called the maxis customer service first before going into the store and they said its ready for purchase. Even today i was able to purchase them but somehow they have some problem with the systems

14. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Plan proceed to KLCC maxis for purchase OPT today , but too lazy . i hate thousand of excuses from maxis since official is on tomorrow, tomorrow cant get my OPT they die...

ammarfz and mastasanuh like this.
  15. sykez

sykez , Sep 27, 2015 :
    We're all in this together. I'm just trying to help the way I can. Good to know I'm being appreciated and you're welcome. But I'm not done yet.

finaldentiny and poweruser0001 like this.
  16. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Guys pls do check online purchase do not need any contract but you need signup with maxis at less a month of maxis oneplus, just take a new number will be good to go.

17. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 27, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 27, 2015 :
    Hi, did you manage to purchase through this method? I read that someone tried to do so but they are not sure about the terms and also unable to proceed through due to the maxis account thingy.

18. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 27, 2015 :
    I dont try it since i dont want my number become postpaid with maxis , i still want stay with hotlink (prepaid to postpaid need pay RM25 admin fee) i will proceed to maxis klcc by tomorrow morning if you r free we can both go to check with them .

19. lyds
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2015

lyds , Sep 27, 2015 :
    I just got back from the Gurney Maxis store.. The guy there was saying that the zerolution plan has to be taken as a package at RM104/mth (no option to opt out of the early upgrade fee + device protection) and the MaxisOne is on 12/24 months contract. He also can't guarantee that they won't be any penalty for terminating the MaxisOne plan. He said that the only way to check is to get the plan then check through one's online account. Are those that have already gotten it able to check this?
    Btw, they have units on hand but there's no display unit and one can only purchase from tmr onwards. Noted that there's a printed OP2 'sales guide' stating product launch: 28 September 2015

20. sykez

finaldentiny and kampuamee like this.