OnePlus 2 Sales Start in Malaysia - 22 Sept 2015

1. spayre
    Donut Sep 28, 2015

spayre , Sep 28, 2015 :
    They will not know until they have keyed in the order into system. But he said it is reducing value.

2. tenchi0205
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

tenchi0205 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    That what I get also at KK Sabah here....

23rd Oct onward I will be holding Moto X Pure Edition already...

ozikat12 likes this.
  3. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

poweruser0001 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee

Customer service, customer relations and customer satisfaction are of paramount importance.
    You have requested for feedback. More than 500 responses have been given.

Definitely not that difficult for you to confirm the question asked with a simple yes/no answer.
    Will you care to respond or do you prefer to remain silent?

4. Hsien
    Donut Sep 28, 2015

Hsien , Sep 28, 2015 :
    If they are only going to sell the phone outright on 23 oct then why send out the invitation so early? All our invitation will be expired by then.

5. ozikat12
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

ozikat12 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    You are right.. Moto X is on my list too, and can get Android update quick :)

6. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2015

sykez , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Since you're not eligible for for Zerolution, the only option right now is signing up for a Maxis postpaid with MaxisOne plan. KLCC store explained to me the Zerolution subsidy plan. You pay RM999 (device) + RM512 (4 months RM128 plan advance payment) + 6% GST. Since it's 4 months advanced, you could terminate right after 4 months. They said there're no additional penalty fee except the remaining balance (exact calculation unsure).

That's an option for some of us. For me, I need a good phone as soon as possible. Was waiting for OP2 all this time but it made it really difficult this time. It's bad enough we need an invite to buy. My number porting to Maxis is in progress, but still having second thoughts since I'm going all this trouble. And ofcos, Nexus is just around the corner.

That ain't a solution :p

23rd Oct? That's brand new information! @Adrian Lee is that true? If it is, I'm so gona regret switching to Maxis just to buy it. Also a bunch of us would've already moved on by then. Maybe it's just a tactic Maxis trying to do. First sell contract wise, later sell device only.
    If you sign up with contract, ofcos you can terminate. It's always a choice, but usually comes with some conditions. So far I've been told we've to pay the difference. As in device price difference or with months left with the plan.

Hope this is true. If it is different, maybe online store has no contract :D

Which center? That's weird. How else they plant to sell then?

Eww Emotion UI. "Maybe" Nexus 6P.

For us it'd be day after tomorrow :/ Having second thoughts.
    I'm usually not even interested in heavily modified versions of Android (Emotion UI, TouchWiz, MIUI, Sense). Once gone Nexus, hard to go for those UI. Also yeah, better ROM options too.
    Took a quick look at Honor 7, it uses Mali GPU -_-

Maxis trying to be AT&T/Verizon -_-

Zerolution has no additional penalty. It just remaining balance (monthly fee*remaining months). All sources including FAQ and in store sales have confirmed this.

If you go to KLCC store, you can get RM999 with RM128 plan or RM1,199 with RM98 plan contract. RM1,687 is the online on right? It doesn't change whatever plan you pick, not sure why.

You mean online store? Like how Galaxy A8 and Oneplus 2? That's what I asked them on twitter last night. Still no update :|

Why 23rd?

I hope Maxis isn't trying to trick the early customers to tie with their contracts with their mind games and later sell device only. I'll be super pissed!

finaldentiny likes this.
  7. ammarfz
    Eclair Sep 28, 2015

ammarfz , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Still wondering the outcome of the meeting conference between maxis and oneplus. Hmm

sykez likes this.
  8. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

finaldentiny, yukilynn and sykez like this.
  9. cristeg
    Donut Sep 28, 2015

cristeg , Sep 28, 2015 :
    finally got my invite...anyway looking at all previous post dealing with Maxis, I'm losing faith...

10. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 28, 2015

hkgoh and finaldentiny like this.
  11. ignatiuslu83
    Eclair Sep 28, 2015

ignatiuslu83 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I also waiting for it b4.But get Note 5 once i know it hav to have sign with Maxis plan.Also i still havent receive their invite also until today.And there is no Oneplus 2 in East Msia Maxis Center also.Thats why i love Oneplus 2 but have to end up with Note 5.

12. ozikat12
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

Bro, you are pro in responding all the comments la ;) The centre I went is TTDI Maxis. After I thrown the questions on Maxis Store choosing RM98 MaxisOne plan, the device still RM1687, didn't offer me RM999 or RM1199, so does it mean I can cancel RM98 MaxisOne after 2 days?

Then a guys told me now they don't see with RRP, RRP after 23rd Oct.. Then i walked off liao, lazy to talk..

13. yukilynn
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

kampuamee and weikang2753 like this.
  14. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

15. ozikat12
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

and u gonna watch the invite code count down ticking, can't purchase :p

16. hk43789
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

hk43789 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Dont worry if you having invite code due to maxis problem you unable to purchase oneplus you may private adrian lee he was staff he can assist you on this problem

17. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 28, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I been to Maxis center in Queensbay penang on last Saturday. The front desk person informed me that the RRP purchase without contract will start on 23rd October and even with your invitation code expired, you are still eligible. And based on other threads, others have been receiving the same info. Now, I'm still pending Adrian confirmation.

I thought OP has always been working with invitation = able to purchase the phone?

18. lyds
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2015

lyds , Sep 28, 2015 :
    @Adrian Lee We have to be on the MaxisONE plan to sign up for Zerolution. So you're saying that there will definitely be penalties?
    upload_2015-9-28_16-54-59.png

19. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2015

sykez , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Yo Hanson :p What's that about? Maxis support doesn't know shit. They all kept saying 28th. But Adrian confirmed we can buy now. At least from KLCC you can. I could've bought it right away if I could port to Maxis instantly :p

Hopefully I'll hear from Maxis about the online order situation. Maybe you could order there and let it be delivered ;)

Hahaha, thanks. Been on forums since when I was a kid :v
    Are you eligible for Zerolution? That'd be the easiest way for now.
    Normal/subsidy contract, if you pick the RM128 plan, they should offer you RM999, but may have to pay advance RM512 (4 months advance). Like the subsidy contract. Same deal I got at KLCC. The terms for contract is not really clear. I was told that will have to pay the difference of the RRP upon termination. Ask them about the terms for termination. Since you'll be paying the RM98 plan in advance, I wouldn't advice you to cancel it before it ends. I heard it's prorated, but I doubt they'll just refund the balance, hehe.

Wow. All Malaysia invite?

Oh. All of a sudden 23rd Oct. Yet Oneplus didn't announce any of this. Could be misinformation. All because of a middleman! (looking at you, Maxis -_-) Guess we'll wait for Adrian.

Zerolution seems to be the easiest option right now. Postpaid user with good track record will be eligible. Even if you're not from Maxis, you can port in (takes 2 days). Oh, make sure you're not already on a contract. That's all you need to be eligible. Zerolution comes with a MaxisOne plan. You just pay your Zerolution fee * remaining month, when terminating. You don't need to pay for early upgrade or protection fee if you plan to terminate early (save cost). No upfront either.
    Edit: It's RRP/24 * remaining months when terminating. Thanks @Xennnn

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

20. Xennnn
    Donut Sep 28, 2015

Xennnn , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Correction, it's RRP/24 * remaining months.

sykez likes this.