2. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

3. yukilynn
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

kampuamee likes this.
  4. remnesh
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

remnesh , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Hi guys.. I just received my OPT from Madxis. Im currently on surfmore postpaid plan and im eligible for the zerolution plan. I didnt want to move to maxis one plan cause as you know its shitty. So what i did, i took up zerolution and registered a new number with maxis one plan rm98. I paid no fees up front. I checked with maxis chat and they confirmed that i will be able to terminate my zerolution plan and also my new maxis one plan with no chargers and i just have to pay the full price for the phone. I will be going to terminate the new line today or tomorrow and will update here. Wish me luck. Hope maxis doesn't screw me and ask to pay for 24 months termination fees.

Attached Files:

5. yukilynn
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

yukilynn , Sep 29, 2015 :
    hopefully it's true! good luck yo!

kampuamee likes this.
  6. tannylsy
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

tannylsy , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I think this works cause you are Maxis current user ba? I really doesn't wanna give up my current telco which serve me real good and maxis line is lousy

sykez likes this.
  7. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

stevenchow , Sep 29, 2015 :
    god blessed you! when you succeed to terminated please let us know,i'm using surfmore plan. TQ

8. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Guys, I've good news. You can buy Oneplus 2 without contract online. It's the RRP option. Confirmed! I'll make a thread briefing about it.

Edit:
    The online RRP option is indeed after all contract free. I just got several calls from Maxis and they know I've been asking around on Twitter and Live chat. In case you missed, here's my Twitter conversation I had before. They didn't reply so I did live chat and asked the same questions again. I started with the Galaxy A8. They didn't quite understood what I was trying to say, so I had them call me. They said it's either Zerolution or the RRP (contract) and the website is lacking information about it not being contract. Few minutes later I got a call again saying they apologize for the error. The Galaxy A8 RRP option is indeed contract less. However, you need to signup for postpaid (if you're not already) and use any MaxisOne rate plan. You'll be paying the plan in advance so you won't get refunded if you decided to change it early. But you can change to whatever plan after the 1 month.
    I found it hard to believe and I kept asking if they are absolutely sure since every post from Maxis says it's Zerolution or 2 year contract. I requested that they reply on Twitter so I've written confirmation.

ozikat12, jxloh96, yukilynn and 3 others like this.
  9. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

stevenchow , Sep 29, 2015 :
    show us how you proceed

10. azril89
    Donut Sep 29, 2015

azril89 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Its weird when u can buy opt contractless via online, but cannot when buy at maxis centre/meps.

11. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

12. yukilynn
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

kampuamee likes this.
  13. weikang2753
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

14. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 29, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 29, 2015 :
    @sykez, Great news! Can you help to check with them whether if we are subscribe to the MaxisOne Plan in advance before we order OPT, do we still need to pay for RM98 when we purchase it online?

sykez likes this.
  15. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    The only catch is that you need to subscribe to any MaxisOne plan when buying it. It's not a contract though, so do whatever you want after 1 month since the advance is non refundable.

16. tannylsy
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

tannylsy , Sep 29, 2015 :
    This sounds like a good news which we all was planned to spend the extra RM 98 on it right? I guess the only thing we worry is, when we tried to cancel at the end of the month, they suddenly come out with "You need to pay off RM 98 x 12 mths as penalty in order to cancel the plan"...LOLo_Oo_O

17. 43789
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

43789 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Pls update the outcome thx

18. chloelimbp
    Eclair Sep 29, 2015

chloelimbp , Sep 29, 2015 :
    But I remember we need to have Maxis Online ID when we wanted to place the order, right? Can we sign up the online ID with our prepaid Non Maxis number? I think you have mentioned before but i don't really understand the whole picture. Do you mind to explain it again?

hkgoh likes this.
  19. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Hehe, I'll post a thread with explanation of the options and with written proof from twitter about the RRP option.

chloelimbp likes this.
  20. sykez

sykez , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I'm not exactly sure either about the Online ID. Mine worked probably cos I was a Maxis customer before also with same number, hehe :) Try signing up, it might work. Or sign up for post paid and then do online.