OnePlus 2 - The First Flagship with USB Type C

1. alexluff
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2015

alexluff , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Are you serious?! the usb is back compatible with all other usb types so all you need is a £2/$2 oe adapter (perhaps even the one Carl said OnePlus are making). By the end of 2016 Type C will be commonplace and you'll be wishing you had it if they don't put it in. Apple's lightning cable was completely different because they charged for anyone to sell their cable design so it cost people loads. Type C is not commercially licensed so those problems won't exist. With that said, OnePlus clearly aren't about cheap gimmicks to draw sales so I trust them enough to have taken worries like yours into consideration and find solutions, maybe part of that will come in their own special adaptions (software or firmware based since Carl has said no unique hardware) :).
    I know most only keep a phone for around two years or less but I like to milk my investments for all they're worth and get 4 years out of them (my current HTC Desire HD, bought in 2011, was called a tablet with a 4.3" screen, now that feels small) so these kind of features are all but essential, although rarely found, for those like me.

Skimmer490 and BartD3V0S like this.
  2. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2015

mydragoon , Jun 23, 2015 :
    to me... got storage (slow or otherwise) is still better than none. so, i really still hope to see microSD. i do a lot of transfer too... sometimes like up to 10-20GB daily. i know this can fit into the phone's 64GB... but... having this on microSD means i have extra 10-20GB on my phone that i can use for other things...

and yes... i seen you around in the forum before... ;)

jmazzamj likes this.
  3. mydragoon

very certain that USB Type-C is going to be "mainstream", possibly by 2016. but for me... it's not something that i think is really necessary yet in 2015. but... i guess no harm.

though i won't go to say it'll future proof the phone. no one uses a phone for more than 3 years these days...

4. leemartin
    Lollipop Jun 23, 2015

leemartin , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Good news. Not sure I'll be getting OPT, but defo wont be getting a phone that doesn't have USB-c

5. wildf1re

wildf1re , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Hmm. The LeTV LE1, LE1 Pro and LE1 MAX may beat the OPT to market. This would probably be the first phone on the market with USB-C, not the one

6. mydragoon

they have made it known that there will be two oneplus devices/ phones this year. OnePlus 2 and a supposedly mini version (of something)...

7. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Jun 23, 2015

8. mydragoon

i just re-read first post and what OnePlus has claimed is... technically, right.
    i guess keyword is GLOBAL. what i understand, officially, LeTV is only sold in China.

9. alexluff
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2015

alexluff , Jun 23, 2015 :
    *cough* *cough* I do.

10. thomas230898
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2015

sjostrand.jorgen likes this.
  11. sjostrand.jorgen
    Eclair Jun 23, 2015

12. manosome
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2015

13. BartD3V0S
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2015

BartD3V0S , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Apple's intention was never to make it mainstream, they knew beforehand that no other manufacturer would use the Apple connector in their devices. It was just to improve the user friendliness of the Apple devices and for profit of course. The lightning cable was also never designed to replace all the cables, just to replace the cable charging your phone and tablet while the type-c connector is clearly designed to replace almost every cable we use on a daily basis, from charging a laptop to streaming video to your television to transferring files between multiple devices. Type-C is even compatible with the new Thunderbolt 3 from intel which is f*cking awesome!
    OnePlus might be the first to implement the type-c connector in a flagship device but it's almost certain that every new flagship will have this connector, they'd be stupid not to. I would not even be that surprised if Apple would use this connector in their iphone 6S or iphone 7, they already used it in their new Macbook 2015.

14. kmunir
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2015

kmunir , Jun 23, 2015 :
    I think you guys are really doing a wonderful job. And I just love this bit by bit info coming out for the OnePlus Two :)

15. IndiaOPO

IndiaOPO , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Uffffffffffff.. Finally power fluctuations 'll be resolved while charging...

16. ferranca
    Eclair Jun 23, 2015

ferranca , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Thanks oneplus, you are great!! Worth waiting!

17. one_plus_plus
    Froyo Jun 23, 2015

one_plus_plus , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Yeah ,I think it can explain that!

18. mydragoon

heh heh... i actually do too. but i do know many will change phones after 1-2 years.

but good to know we are both using dino phones. :)

19. jookje
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2015

jookje , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Bravo!!!!!

20. FatBaz
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2015

FatBaz , Jun 23, 2015 :
    USB type C is not a big deal, because many users already have micro usb cable, so they won't change for this.