Oneplus 2 update to marshmallow, issues I am facing

1. bobbysingh
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

bobbysingh , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Same with me, all apps are asking for permissions, and in settings I am not able to turn the permissions. Its seriously bad upgrade. Please do something quickly unable to operate major apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. Asking for screen overlay permission which I am not able to find in settings. Please guide step wise how to do it

Thanks

2. gowtham46
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

gowtham46 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Solution For Permission issues which we face in the latest update.

1) Put the phone into safe mode by pressing down the power key long press the Power off and press "OK"
    Now your phone is in SAFE MODE. You can confirm it by a SAFE MODE BADGE at the bottom left corner.

2)Now go to Settings--Apps--Access Permissions Now you wont be asking to turn off any screen overlay settings because all the third party apps will be turned off in safe mode.

3)Turn on Permissions for the apps you are in need.Finally Reboot the device. Problem sloved :)

3. Don Ramsay
    Donut Jun 11, 2016

Don Ramsay , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Having the same issue with permissions after upgrade to 3.0.2. Can't change permissions, can't post to Instagram, USB connection not working...too many bugs! How do I go back to last OS?????

4. gsumit85
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

gsumit85 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    for your issue .... reset the permission ..on the top u will see three dots...click and reset to default ....!! problem will solve

5. sanketc
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

sanketc , Jun 11, 2016 :
    You have set ringtone and vibration from sound and notifications and the vertical menu style is marshmallow

6. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2016

cedalone , Jun 11, 2016 :
    You can try first to reset app settings (app permission, tree dots, reset app) and reboot.
    But you'll avoid bugs by doing a clean flash.
    You save your datas, wipe cache and datas and factory reset then you flash the full rom.zip. i Had this bug on the first beta, it does't come only from the last OTA.
    I know upgrade should be smooth, but remember that it is a beta (even if it is OTA for the last version), so upgrade in this case is always risky...
    If you want to upgrade, i highly recommande to make a back-up and perform an install from scratch, doing this made my OP2 free of most of bugs people are facing.

7. sanketc
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2016

sanketc , Jun 11, 2016 :
    As customers we should not go through the trouble of formatting and then again putting on the same data, which is tedious... specially music, as I listen from the newly added playlist... they should've thoroughly tested this before sending out an ota notification.

8. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2016

cedalone , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Smartphones are computers. Bugs after update aren't only for OOS, i've faced bugs updating most of systems like iOS, COS, Windows, OS X......updating a system is always risky, and that is why it is always you who decide to do it or not. When you use computers for work, you don't upgrade system asap, guess why? I'm not saying that it is great to clean flash instead of just upgrading, but i recommend that because it take less time than struggling with bugs coming from the previous version, especially when you talk about beta system. This is just my opinion, and not only regarding OnePlus btw.

9. papamath
    Froyo Jun 11, 2016

papamath , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Hi all.

I don't know if it has been repeated by others but somehow the search in settings doesn't work properly. I am running Oxygen 3.0.2 (i received OTA update from 3.0.1).

See a simple example (search for brightness in settings) attached.

Do you have the same problem guys?

Attached Files:

10. baryah
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

baryah , Jun 11, 2016 :
    No none.

11. saruamit4
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

saruamit4 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    tried that... not working for me. alternatively I can change permission in safe mode which is pain.. lot other issues with phone after upgrade.. mostly sensors not working

12. saruamit4
    Eclair Jun 11, 2016

saruamit4 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    ring tone also not working... screen auto rotation not working... not sure what new issues I'll get tomorrow... its pain

13. ashray90
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

ashray90 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    After marshmallow update why does not the fingerprint unlock the phone directly but instead it takes me to the lock screen and I have to enter the pin to unlock the screen every time.

14. Emil_D
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

Emil_D , Jun 11, 2016 :
    This is terrible!!! Ringtone is not working! Internet won't work with data , but only in wifi mode, can't access my apps, latest calls won't display, can't access mail!! In more then 1 year i never had any problem with the phone, but ever since i updated things have gone to sh*t!!!
    I have no idea how to solve this or how to revert to the previous version!! PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

15. Emil_D
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

Emil_D , Jun 11, 2016 :
    And btw, all the guides here are for Win only. Nothing for the Mac. I agree with what was said by another user in this thread: I bought a phone to ease my life not to spend time and manually doing everything myself.

16. SayHiRed5
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

SayHiRed5 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    I'm actually glad to see I'm experiencing what seems to be a common issue with this week's marshmallow update. Seems that every app I access asks for permission to access storage and follow certain steps to correct but to no avail. Now I can't save view any photos I'm sent Would love to roll back to previous OS, but to save myself further headache I'm switching my Sim card to my old Nexus 6 until this blows over.

17. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 11, 2016

18. gsumit85
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2016

gsumit85 , Jun 12, 2016 :
    i am also facing new issue after upgrade to MM, that i am unable to use 3G data on my current vodafone sim, when i select the 3G or LTE option my sim network is not work i.e. i am unable to call or receive to anyone. but when i select 2G data ...all start working properly ....

OP team .... are you listening to us .... we are waiting for your replies .....!!

19. winkod
    Donut Jun 13, 2016

winkod , Jun 13, 2016 :
    geasters not working till I turn it off and turn on again, while before the upgrade was working perfectly.

Battery drains fast on network data using.

Permissions issue spacially facebook no camera no mic.. Generaly issues with permissions

20. saruamit4
    Eclair Jun 13, 2016

saruamit4 , Jun 13, 2016 :
    I am also facing the same. looks like if i turned down media or alarm volume my ringtone volume also goes to zero.