Oneplus 2 vs Note 5 vs G4 speed test

1. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 24, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Fair point to make :)
    Although the video still reveals to us how much of a bottleneck the Oxygen OS is for the OPT.
    Honestly even if they loaded each app seperately at the same time my bet is OPT will still come out last with note 5 leading the pack ... so the result will be the same as this one.

sfomin likes this.
  2. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 24, 2015

riffraff81 , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Sure, but would we see a 20 second descepency with each operation? I don't believe we would. Maybe a second or two.

M4ENY likes this.
  3. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 24, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Not as big of difference but still last place which is sad considering it's a "2016 flagship killer"

4. oneplusyogendra
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2015

5. Armaani.qadri
    Froyo Aug 25, 2015

6. badgeboy
    Froyo Aug 25, 2015

badgeboy , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Got a oneplus one already. prob wait for Oneplus 3 next year with Snapdragon 820, which hopefully wont have the same problems as the 810.

marteebee likes this.
  7. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

riffraff81 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    People have put a lot of stock in this marketing ploy of oneplus where we get the excluded middle fallacy. Either this device blows every other phone out of the water or it's a piece of trash that no one should buy.

I like to look at the two as a device that vigorously competes with other devices that cost twice as much.

If I can make a device that is in every way comparable to yours while selling it at half price, Haven't I killed your Flagship, especially when the differences between both devices in quality are negligible?

jmudrick and M4ENY like this.
  8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Aug 25, 2015

Baymax , Aug 25, 2015 :
    @M4ENY while the results are shocking; this is not a speed test. Also keep in mind, this was before the performance update that came out on the 19th. Also, if you noticed it. The Note 5 may have smoked them all, but at the cost of having zero apps in the background. It had to restart every single app. If the OnePlus 2 (or the G4) and GN5 were put side by side and multitasking screen is open. Switching between the apps will not fare well for the Note 5. This is apparent when you see how quick the second lap went for the OP2 and G4.

M4ENY likes this.
  9. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2015

magnamentis , Aug 25, 2015 :
    live and let live man, how is this your problem, if it's important it will be early enough when the mods find the stuff themselves, reporting such minor things ( denunciation ) let's us look deep. i recommend that you care for things that really count like bad language or as to why you gain satisfaction to report people.

Ivanpoocky13 likes this.
  10. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 25, 2015 :
    I called it a speed test because it was called the speed test by the uploader lol.
    Anyhow the shocking thing for me were two things. 1. Note 5 failing despite its 4gb of ram in its 2nd lap and 2. LG g4 beating OPT despite its weaker specs (808, 3gb ram) running a heavy/bloated android.

marteebee likes this.
  11. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Where I am from (Canada) the g4 costs very similar to what the op5 cost (around 600 including taxes etc).
    Same in the states since the g4 goes for 450 down there now.

Even if you end up paying a little more you get : better display (Qhd with decent screen qualities), much better camera, removable battery and expandable storage.

So for note 5 your points count but for the g4 I would say opt fails to "kill it" even with its price considered

12. Baymax

Baymax , Aug 25, 2015 :
    1. Well, it was to be expected. Same sort of problem they had with the S6 as well.

2. I will admit that this is surprising. LG did do their homework though. The G4 is one of the best flagships out this year. LG is getting less bloated though. It will just take some time. Let's be honest though. The flagships this year sucked pretty badly. If I had to choose the best one this year. It would either be the G4 or the M9 (not joking, it is a powerhouse... Check this speed test ).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

M4ENY likes this.
  13. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Looks like you haven't been here enough. I don't report threads to gain any satisfaction, we have rules here and I like to follow them and help as much as I can the mods, If you don't believe me check ALL of my posts before making arbitrary statements, you still have a long way to go before understanding all of this. And about the first thing you said, I didn't meant to report this thread, in a later post I apologized, and also removed my tags to the mods, so please double check and be informed. Thank you :)

14. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Yehh I wouldn't mind a g4 personally but the m9 IMHO was a let down for me.
    I was defending it before the launch from the initial horde of haters but once I saw it in person I just couldn't grow to like it. :(

15. Baymax

Baymax , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Standby. It looks better when you actually have one. I have one, I'll show.

16. Baymax

Baymax , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Untitled_2.jpg

M4ENY likes this.
  17. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

18. sstommeleer
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2015