OnePlus 3 automatically going to silent mode

1. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

MyronvVelsen , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Hi,

I have this issue where my OP3 is automatically going into silent mode, to get it back to normal I have to slide the alert slider to another position and back to normal.

As far as I can remember i used a function from a previous version of android on my OP3 to automatically set my phone to silent mode while working. Now I would like to turn this feature off. But for some reason I cannot find a setting that could enable/disable this.

Anyone know where I can find the options for this feature?

If this is not in the newest Android 8 version (which I have installed) of my OP3 then I would very much like OnePlus to look into this and find a solution.

Also I have never used the app truecaller, which a lot of people are suggesting this might be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

MarkAle and matt13rox like this.
  2. Iuliskaya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

Iuliskaya , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I don't recall that the 3/3T model to have this kind of feature. What you're looking at might possibly be a defective button.

3. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

Hi Luliskaya, I 100% remember a function like this to have existed. Or maybe this function might have transferred from my old OP1 to my OP3? If so could I turn it off? This started to happen after the update to Android Oreo, On Marshmallow I never had a problem like this before.

4. Iuliskaya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2017

5. mikesilvanus
    Donut Dec 6, 2017

mikesilvanus , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I'm having the same issue since updating to 8. I used to have auto do not disturb on my opo, which the settings transfered with my account when I changed to op3. Without the same priority settings menu and only the slider, there was no way to turn it off or make changes! This issue was resolved early by op with an update to oxygen, hopefully there will be one for android 8 to sort it out. Unless anyone know how to do this?

6. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

I'll try this, but have to wait till tomorrow because the action always starts at 9:30.That is the time where i previously set it to.

7. raja571
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

raja571 , Dec 7, 2017 :
    I'm also facing the same issue in my OP3
    Automatically turn into silent mode and unable to make it normal mode even on clicking volume up button

JazzyJRenee likes this.
  8. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

MyronvVelsen , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Alright, I cleaned the cache and recovery but problem persists. Again this morning the phone went to silent mode. Please OnePlus make a fix for this! "I'm Beggin', beggin' you..."

9. matt13rox
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

matt13rox , Dec 7, 2017 :
    You need to get the activities widget and then find automatic rules. Then delete the rules in it. That's what fixed it for me

JazzyJRenee and MyronvVelsen like this.
  10. nkla
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

nkla , Dec 7, 2017 :
    i have same problem since last update, looking for a solution

11. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

Have you got a link to the app/widget for me? Or is this a default widget on the phone?

12. matt13rox
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

13. Rizwan_Ahmed_
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

14. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

Sorry no, I use the OP3 default launcher. Any other way to get an activity widget or app?

15. matt13rox
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

16. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

17. matt13rox
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

18. MyronvVelsen
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2017

MyronvVelsen , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Still cannot solve the problem unfortunately. Also the app you've suggested does not work on my OP3.

19. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2017

20. G_Horia_Costin_Ciobanu_C
    Eclair Dec 8, 2017

G_Horia_Costin_Ciobanu_C , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Pls explain: 3rd party apk or a stock widget? I cant find it as a stock apk/widget and i am interested in setting rules