Oneplus 3 battery replacement

1. thanantonop
    Froyo Nov 11, 2018

thanantonop , Nov 11, 2018 :
    Has any of you changed the OnePlus 3 battery?
    I have bought one from eBay? Haw anyone try one of them?

2. jakuburban
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

jakuburban , Jan 13, 2019 :
    I ordered one from eBay a few weeks ago, received it last week. Opening the phone is fairly easy if you have the right tools. Removing the battery is a bit more work, especially because it is stuck in with glue, but it's also not so difficult. The battery I ordered has a oneplus logo on it, but the label looked different to the one on the original battery. The biggest problem was when I tried to connect the power connector. It was in the wrong place and flipped upside down. There was no way to connect the battery up correctly. So I put the old battery back in closed it all up and everything works as before.

I have had the oneplus 3 from since launch and charge it daily. The battery has about 80% wear. The phone is still very fast and has all the features I need so I don't really need an upgrade, but the battery life is starting to get bad.

It doesn't look like there are any official oneplus 3 batteries around, and the ones that are date from 2016 or 2017. So you have about 4 options:
    • get an old official battery, which may not last as long as your current one
    • get a fake/aftermarket, which will probably not last as long as your current one and may cause other issues
    • keep using your old battery and carry around a power bank
    • buy a new phone, which is a waste in my opinion as the oneplus 3 is still a decent phone
    If anyone knows where I can get a quality battery from I would really appreciate it.

Guday18 likes this.
  3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 13, 2019

ghostofcain , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Have you tried OnePlus customer support?

Auristic and gkaurin like this.
  4. jakuburban
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

jakuburban , Jan 13, 2019 :
    No official OnePlus support in my country.

5. F_Carl_Powell_ZAgr
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

F_Carl_Powell_ZAgr , Jan 13, 2019 :
    If your in the UK replace base has all official oneplus parts... I've changed battery, charging port and loudspeaker today fairy straight forward

6. jakuburban
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

jakuburban , Jan 14, 2019 :
    I just spoke with support, there is no official center in Switzerland. From your experience in the UK, can you request a part, or do you need to send the phone in for them to replace the part?

7. F_Carl_Powell_ZAgr
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

8. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2019

v0 HaVoK 0v , Jan 14, 2019 :
    I would recommend buying from either E-TradeSupply or ReplaceBase if you want to get OEM parts, you will find many fakes on eBay

9. jakuburban
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

TrippyZ likes this.
  10. F_Carl_Powell_ZAgr
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

F_Carl_Powell_ZAgr , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Sorry no, that's where I ordered from but mine was for the oneplus 3t so different battery... But had the oneplus logo on and all numbers on the battery was matching for the one I replaced

11. jakuburban
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

jakuburban , Jan 14, 2019 :
    OK, thank you for the info!

12. Eezeepeezee123
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2019

Eezeepeezee123 , Jan 15, 2019 :
    I recently had my battery replacement t,my first attempt the phone wouldn't work,I put a 3400 instead of a 3000 Holmes one
    the second time it working perfectly, that's with the 3000 original battery I purchase from eBay
    type original OnePlus 3,or 3t battery on eBay site they will be with you in no time
    take it to the shop and ask them to fit it while you wait.
    hopefully this will help you out.
    Stephen [e]1f601[/e]