Network/Connectivity OnePlus 3 Bluetooth audio problems on nougat

1. sumanth44
    Froyo Jan 3, 2017

sumanth44 , Jan 3, 2017 :
    Bluetooth audio on new nougat stable of Op3.
    I use Poweramp btw.
    and equalizer can't be used for bluetooth

2. perlu539
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

perlu539 , Jan 9, 2017 :
    I didn't get any audio playback to my headphones Before I performed a "Reset network settings" found in the Backup and reset menu. Working fine now.

chris patten and Wahoux like this.
  3. fischman
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

fischman , Jan 11, 2017 :
    I have since the update again a problem with Bluetooth. The media control with the Autoradio no longer works.
    Had the same problem as the Oneplus 3 on the market has come. Was then fixed with an update.
    Only now with nougat, again the same. :mad:

Have a Skoda Octavia

Ankelautentico, Wahoux and berndamend like this.
  4. G_John_Robertson_IikZ
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2017

G_John_Robertson_IikZ , Jan 27, 2017 :
    Connection problems with my Bose QC 35 headphones. Says connected but no sound. Close bluetooth and start it again and sound works. Occasionally loses connection for no apparent reason.

5. sproglet
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2017

sproglet , Jan 27, 2017 :
    I have exactly the same issue with my QC35s. Had it since the first Nougat beta. Bose told me to send my headphones back for repair but I'm not sure. The thing is I never have the same issue with the pairing with my car or my Soundlink III speaker

SteveDemir and cirus raskil like this.
  6. Wahoux
    Lollipop Jan 27, 2017

Wahoux , Jan 27, 2017 :
    Same for me :/

SteveDemir and cirus raskil like this.
  7. sallu10050
    Eclair Jan 27, 2017

8. Nimit Patel
    Eclair Jan 27, 2017

cirus raskil likes this.
  9. albertvanderiet
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2017

albertvanderiet , Jan 27, 2017 :
    Same problem here. Connected but no sound. Have to disconnect and connect again and then there is sound.

cirus raskil likes this.
  10. ks.darshan
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2017

cirus raskil likes this.
  11. wospino
    Honeycomb Jan 28, 2017

wospino , Jan 28, 2017 :
    I use a Sony sbh52 and have no problems with Bluetooth it works very well

12. Ankelautentico
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2017

Ankelautentico , Jan 28, 2017 :
    i have the same problem than you un my OP3T , bluetooth is not working with my car, i have a Chevy cruze...

Plz update and fix it. Its really annoing when im driving and i have to stop to answer the phone call....

13. Ruchindagar1006
    Eclair Jan 28, 2017

Ruchindagar1006 , Jan 28, 2017 :
    I m having a problem in notification...earlier there was a on screen peeking option and sound option separate..but now it's the same ..if someone wants sound of a particular app but not on screen peeking...so what should they do. bring that back plzzzzz..or tell any alternative

Grimtech likes this.
  14. burhan110128
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2017

burhan110128 , Jan 28, 2017 :
    Since I updated to nougat 7.0, after a few days, my alarm, ring tone and YouTube have stopped working. If I reboot, it starts working but then all of a sudden it stops working without any warning. I can't rely on this uncertainty, not knowing if the alarm I set for the morning will ring or not. On top of it if someone calls to wake me up, even that won't work. Please sort this issue as my roommate is also facing this.

Yours sincerely,

15. blackthread
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

blackthread , Feb 2, 2017 :
    Since update to nougat 7.0, the op3 bluetooth implementation got a new feature called "Randomizer"
    Sometimes it works and for no apparent reason after some time it doesn't.

I mainly use bluetooth streaming with spotify and netflix in my car (BMW F30)
    Same problem here. Connected but no sound

Sometimes a restart of the device works.

If this not solves the problem then
    disconnecting the device from the car's connected devices
    and in the phone forget the car
    And then re-attach them to each other
    it 'usually' works again.

My old phone nexus 5
    or my ipad mini have never had this feature.
    (luckily)

Yours sincerely,

ledabo likes this.
  16. clyder
    Donut Feb 3, 2017

clyder , Feb 3, 2017 :
    I downgraded my OP3 few days ago to OS 3.2.8 since BT works fine there. On Nougat (official rom and LineageOS) bluetooth is unusable for me. With car it barely works until I try to use phone over BT where everything breaks and I need to reboot the device. I also have a bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge2+) and although it works most of the time, it takes a long time to connect to it and sometimes it loses connection and then reboot time again :)
    This is such a stupid problem. I made a suport ticket, had a remote session with OP3 technician. They told me they need to fix it and to wait for an update. But I dont have a good feeling that this will be fixed. At least not soon.

I am currenly in search for some other device. This is second OnePlus device that I owned and used and both had lots of software issues. At least with OnePlus One, using custom roms was solution to most problems. Now I dont have that since this bug is present in all Nougat roms. Maybe this, "killer phone for a small price" is not so good of a deal :)

G_Ankur_Meena_jhcJ likes this.
  17. bernards
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2017

bernards , Feb 3, 2017 :
    It cannot pair my Motorola Whisper Bluetooth headset, it cannot even find it available to pair...works ok before upgrading to nougat

18. swoodnick
    Donut Feb 3, 2017

swoodnick , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Problem with Bluetooth connection on parrot car kit. Keeps breaking the connection every couple of minutes.

19. clyder
    Donut Feb 3, 2017

clyder , Feb 3, 2017 :
    It would be great if more people complained to OnePlus about this. I dont think they care too much for posts here, and remote session I had with them was very generic. They just remotely downgraded my phone to Marshmallow, asked me to check it, I reported that it works on it and they concluded that they need to support more car systems and told me to wait for future updates. But I dont think that this issue is related to compatibility with various car BT systems.
    In Nougat entire BT experience is not so good. Either connecting to car, bluetooth speaker or another android phone, scanning and connecting takes longer and connectivity is not as stable as in Marshmallow. In some cases totaly unusable.
    I will be on Marshmallow until I see any reports that there was some fixes for BT or until I switch to another device, which I something I already started looking into.

G_Ankur_Meena_jhcJ likes this.
  20. F_Jiejie_Villanueva_Alag
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2017