OnePlus 3 - Brexit means hard choices need to be made

1. armisis Froyo Jun 29, 2016

armisis, Jun 29, 2016 :

2. F_Vedhas_Deshpande_Jcua Cupcake Jun 29, 2016

techygeek and nyzproof333 like this.
  3. gringoboy KitKat Jun 29, 2016

gringoboy, Jun 29, 2016 :
    Thank god. Our bureaucrats our known for their excellence the world over. We'd never waste money on anything like HS2 or Nukes we'll never use. Thank god we won't be building things like Hinckley point, guaranteeing the Chinese eye-watering prices for generating electricity. We are so great! I'll bet they'll all want to secede from the EU and join the UK. :rolleyes:

Deyannn, rarog, volteon and 1 other person like this.
  4. SimonFullerImagery Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2016

SimonFullerImagery, Jun 29, 2016 :
    Touché old friend ;)

gringoboy likes this.
  5. opo_tunity Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2016

opo_tunity, Jun 29, 2016 :
    I think the world is slightly less tolerant of genocide these days, so superpower may be a little out of reach.

ZhenWan likes this.
  6. ZhenWan Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

ZhenWan, Jun 30, 2016 :
    Thanks for the post.

For the people that don't understand why the price increase should apply, in a nutshell the £ has dropped to roughly from ~>$1.4 to $1.35 (today), however this is the initial reaction. Economists both UK and Internationally-based do expect a fall in trade both in exports and imports, yes both. This is due to uncertainty with the UK's economy and the time required to renegotiate every single agreement (yes, every one of them). This leaves the £ at a very difficult situation, if I was in the position of a multi-national company I could not rely on any government to solve anything quickly, especially "Western-based" countries. So yes, it will take a recommended 'two years' for Article 50, but that is what is bad about the timeline, two years of uncertainty, something the free market doesn't like, prolonged waiting. This can led to the strength of the £ to fall again and again every day that uncertainty remains. The world and its market doesn't wait for a country, even it is one of the top 10 largest economies in the world, there are hundreds of other that don't want to wait for this to unfold.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

pastmann likes this.
  7. AthanRegalado Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

8. jizang KitKat Jun 30, 2016

jizang, Jun 30, 2016 :
    at least there's a silver lining to a lower £, larger winnings on the euro millions ;);)

9. OPToxic Honeycomb Jun 30, 2016

OPToxic, Jun 30, 2016 :
    Considering the FTSE 100 is now higher than BEFORE Brexit, you still think prices should go up?

10. jizang KitKat Jun 30, 2016

jizang, Jun 30, 2016 :
    got owt to do with ftse, the currencies are still down from last thursday

gringoboy likes this.
  11. ajnorthy Donut Jun 30, 2016

ajnorthy, Jun 30, 2016 :
    The fluctuations aren't that big? The sterling hasn't been this low for over 30 years! I'm in Australia and by waiting two days I saved over $100 on the exchange rate buying the UK version. Id say the fluctuations are huge!!

12. BahnStormer Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

BahnStormer, Jun 30, 2016 :
    Hardly - I'm a fan of OnePlus generally, especially when they were bringing Cyanogenmodinto the mainstream, but I've actually paid more and got the LG G5: there were several features that I had on my "mandatory" list that the OnePlus's have all failed on:
    IR blaster - universal remote for the gym / pub / home :)
    removable storage - 200Gb extra anybody?
    rSAP Bluetooth support - for getting the new Audi's fully "online" without an extra data contract.
    The 6Gb RAM seemed interesting, but the OP3 was just too physically big - the OP2 was already a bit oversized and the OPX was a nice size, but they hacked the spec down too much (and still no IR / removable storage).

If they put the OP3's hardware + removable storage into a OPX sized shell, then I'd gladly pay £400 for it (even if I lost IR and had to root it to hack rSAP into the phone!).

I'll keep watching OP as they make some nice toys, but I've got a feeling that the USP's that I'm after just aren't on any of their roadmaps.

13. DAVIDVALENCIANO Donut Jun 30, 2016

DAVIDVALENCIANO, Jun 30, 2016 :
    Hi, I was planning to buy the OnePlus 3, and I was waiting to come out in white and gold, but the problem is I'm seeing that you can up the price, and I'm afraid so to speak, I would like you to say me do, or at least tell me in advance the new prices to buy before the price increase. Sorry if I can not speak English, I'm from Spain and I speak Spanish, and I'm using google translator, I do not know if it will be understood. Thank you very much. A greeting.

14. xIceed Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

xIceed, Jun 30, 2016 :
    Will the pricing and availability be OK for Christmas, I know it's early but I really wanted a Oneplus 2 but now the 3 has come out I finally have the chance to get one. Will the phone still be available or not?

15. techygeek Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2016

techygeek, Jun 30, 2016 :
    It will most likely be available and OP might end up lowering the price by Christmas

16. haqthinh Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

haqthinh, Jul 2, 2016 :
    I tried to make a new thread but it won't allow me due to 5 replies constraint, but really really need an urgent reply as my time is short.

Having been gifted a UK model Oneplus 3 from a person who did not know I am going to the US two days from now and settle down there, can UK model work in the US just fine? If not, I need to look at immediate resell/refund before going so would truly appreciate an answer.

17. remedy KitKat Jul 4, 2016

remedy, Jul 4, 2016 :
    The LTE bands are different so it is likely you will only be able to get 3G to work in the USA.

18. remedy KitKat Jul 4, 2016

remedy, Jul 4, 2016 :
    OK, just ordered OnePlus 3 plus bamboo case.

19. fauj270 Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

fauj270, Jul 5, 2016 :
    is there any update when the price increase will take effect from? I am looking to buy the soft gold variant when it becomes available and hoping the price increase wont take place before it is released

20. Durrson Eclair Jul 5, 2016

Durrson, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Hi, newcomer here, my first post.

I'm so pleased I got my OnePlus 3 now, before any price increases. I've been comparing mine to a pal's Galaxy Edge 7 and apart from the Bevel on the edge, it's practically the same in performance and feels.

I normally buy the top/highest spec available when it comes to purchasing a new phone. I'm coming from an Xperia Z3 to OnePlus 3 and it's a lot faster, more slick and much, much better screen display without the rubbish normally installed and at half the price!

I think even if price increases occur, it will still smash the competition!