OnePlus 3 coming exclusively to O2 on September 29

1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Sep 27, 2016

David S. , Sep 27, 2016 :
    O2-SM_Forum.png

Dear Friends,

For us the OnePlus 3 represents something of a new chapter for our journey, perhaps most clearly illustrated by our decision to launch the device invite-free.

To help spread our Never Settle philosophy in the UK, we're delighted to announce a partnership that we hope will not only introduce the OnePlus 3 to a whole new audience but also allow friends both old and new to experience the device before they buy.

With that in mind, we're pleased to say that from September 29, the OnePlus 3 will be available on O2, a mobile carrier with a strong history of bringing the best new devices to market in the UK.

O2 attracted us for a number of reasons. First of all, they have an unparalleled pedigree when it comes to exclusive launches for the finest handsets and introducing the hottest new tech to their community. The strength of their Refresh initiative, rewarding loyalty by removing high upgrade prices, is a perfect fit for the OnePlus 3. Finally, there’s O2 Priority, delivering exclusive early opportunities to grab tickets for the hottest events and gigs – an initiative that lines up beautifully with our Never Settle mentality.

So, what can you expect when the phone launches on O2? Here's the lowdown:

The OnePlus 3 will be available on a range of O2 Refresh tariffs, starting at £28 per month, with no upfront costs. Not only that, but the device will be available in O2 retail stores and online from September 29.

Keep an eye out on the forums and on social media for further updates. We’re really excited about this new partnership, not least because people will be able to test out the phone by simply walking into an O2 store, and we’re going to be celebrating with some awesome events for our fans in the very near future. Watch this space, folks; we’re only getting started!

Never Settle.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

2. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Sep 27, 2016

3. Luke-S
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2016

Luke-S , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Great news! I hope it doesn't come with 02 bloat. I guess this means we can also skip this: upload_2016-9-27_8-32-32.png

TheOneplusXEater likes this.
  4. G_Mark_Hayter_lWxj
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2016

G_Mark_Hayter_lWxj , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Let's hope that means that my delivery date of 5 weeks from buying direct will be shortened if they are going to be available in the shops at end of this month!!!

5. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Will I be able to take my existing OP3 into an O2 shop to get repaired? Screen broken and the horror stories of how long it's taking via OnePlus website is really worrying.

6. F_Carl_Lockey_ThTa
    Eclair Sep 27, 2016

F_Carl_Lockey_ThTa , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Can you buy the phone outright from o2 without having a contract and have it unlocked? Just I would prefer this to having to wait 5 weeks to get one shipped.

borat likes this.
  7. David S.

No bloat!

If you ordered online you'll have to go via our site for repairs.

Yes, on the 29th you should be able to walk into any O2 store and walk out with an unlocked device for 329 quid.

EDIT: I'm afraid we gave the wrong information, the price without a contract via O2 will be £336

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

8. TekRantGaming

TekRantGaming , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Never forget your roots and I'm happy your in stores now

gabdul likes this.
  9. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 27, 2016 :
    I feel a little underwhelmed

gabdul and patrice58 like this.
  10. danbailey007
    Donut Sep 27, 2016

danbailey007 , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Been on O2 forever including on my OPO and now OP3, good to see OnePlus selling through a mobile retailer to hopefully make it more popular!

takenatdawn likes this.
  11. F_Carl_Lockey_ThTa
    Eclair Sep 27, 2016

F_Carl_Lockey_ThTa , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Thanks for your reply I'll do this instead! I expect tit to sell out fast and I'm not back in the UK till 5/10 :( Will the stock accessories? i.e cases, eu chargers etc

12. David S.

They will, not at the time of the launch on Thursday, though. Some time in October.

13. F_Shane_Connor_BqZQ
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2016

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 27, 2016

dsmonteiro , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Answered 3 5 posts above:

Yes, on the 29th you should be able to walk into any O2 store and walk out with an unlocked device for 329 quid.

warrenbthomas likes this.
  15. jkb114
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2016

jkb114 , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Haha.
    I'm just worried that OP might prioritise supplying O2 with devices over the ones on their website.
    P.s. loving the new DP

dsmonteiro likes this.
  16. lordred12345
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2016

lordred12345 , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Very cool. I was on O2 before I arrived on giffgaff and they are one of the best UK service providers. Very glad to hear that OP is coming to stores now. I remember with my OPO and going into the O2 shop and they had no idea what it was XD

17. SimonRam
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2016

SimonRam , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Great result for the UK, shame O2 has such a terrible signal near me.
    Mine is on EE which is fairly good, just need a small software patch to stop the OP3 dropping LTE so rapidly and all will be great.

18. JasonMR
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2016

JasonMR , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Should be handy for picking up accessories though ;)

19. SimonRam
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2016

SimonRam , Sep 27, 2016 :
    I got the dash car charger when I had the phone delivered (well worth the cash), also a rather average flip cover that wasn't worth the money. Now using a Nillkin flip case which was really cheap from Amazon and looks the part.
    (I'm one of the naturally unlucky ones who if I dared leave it out of the case would have it slip between my podgy fingers and break within minutes)!
    Could be tempted to pick up a cheap O2 sim maybe for the local areas EE doesn't do so well in.

20. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Sep 27, 2016 :
    Gutted. The thought of having to wait months to get it back just fills me with dread.

2+2=5 and danoftheman like this.