OnePlus 3 Dead Pixel Issue.

1. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2016

ronaksworld , Jun 20, 2016 :
    To check if you received a faulty display device of OnePlus3,
    1. Go in settings turn on the Dark Mode
    2. Then decrease the brightness
    3. Turn off Adaptive Brightness.
    Check the images and Video below to get a sight now how dead pixel might looks.

As below is my story....

I purchased this device on 15th June 2016 and was delivered to me on 16th June 2016,

I noticed a spot on 17th June thinking something might have gone wrong while transferring data from my OnePlus 2 to OnePlus 3...So i formatted the new OnePlus 3 phone but the darkblue spot was still there,

So i posted about it on facebook page and was asked to call on the toll free no,

After calling on that number i spoke to Mohammed regarding dead pixel on my One Plus 3 on 19th June 2016 he asked me to play video for 3hrs to sort it and i played the entire day.

Then too today i can still see that dark blue pixel so i recorded the video and showed it to few people from OnePlus 3 India forums on WhatsApp and they too said its a dead pixel.

Today 20th June 2016 i spoke to another Mohammed he asked me to format the phone, which i had already tried before contacting the One Plus team on Facebook & Twitter, and now am told to email the pictures which i have send too and video i hope this issue is sorted soon.

To check if your device is faulty turn on the Dark Mode and decrease the brightness and also make sure Adaptive Brightness is turned off too.

Check the images and Video below to get a sight now it looks.

20160620_150457_01.jpg 20160620_150501_03.jpg 20160620_150519.jpg 20160620_150522.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016

2. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 20, 2016

Funk Wizard , Jun 20, 2016 :
    I am sorry to hear about your experience buddy. As i had mentioned on my thread you can get a replacement no questions asked within 10 days of delivery from Amazon so get it replaced if nothing works for you.
    Make sure you act within the time period to avoid disappointment later. All the best.

ravi4ever and ronaksworld like this.
  3. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2016

ronaksworld , Jun 20, 2016 :
    ye buddy i know i wanted to replace too but before i placed the order i had read all the terms of condition, the reason i purchase this device was coz of more speed & accidental coverage,

As per Terms & Conditions Clause 5 & 6 of Servify offer of 12 months complementary accidental damage protection plan gets VOID.,

So replacement is out of the question and i am waiting to hear from amazon and OnePlus about this i would simply return the device and stop buying OP from now,

glad there wasn't such mess in OnePlus One & Two i had brought before., would return the device on 22 or 23rd if no response from OnePlus Team.

4. sunil.harris
    Froyo Jun 20, 2016

sunil.harris , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Amazon support said that the servify offer will hold good when exchanges are done to replace a faulty product. Should'nt be a cause of concern. If you have already registered with Servify, then use a diff email / ph no to avoid any unforseen issues

5. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2016

ronaksworld , Jun 21, 2016 :
    OMG thanks @sunil.harris :D i just realized that i haven't registered with Servify thinking it was done automatically :p

Well as One Plus Support has been stalling me, Amazon has agreed to issue a refund for the device.:) phew going to write to them again and confirm with them.

Edit: Just spoke to Imram of Amazon over live chat after a lengthy conversation, he mentioned after confirming with his superior and t&c team,

That as this device which i have is not register with Servify, So even if i opt for replacement then i wont be able to register my exchanged device with Servify due to its clause

5. This Offer will not be applicable if the Purchaser returns and/ or exchanges a Product and in such a case participation in the Offer will be deemed withdrawn.

6. This Offer can only be availed by a Purchaser once, i.e. on the first purchase of the Product from Amazon.in during the Offer Period.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

6. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jun 22, 2016

ronaksworld , Jun 22, 2016 :
    @vaidabhishek

Regarding your message i read on
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...rs-terms-and-conditions.450017/#post-14969478

Here is the link how to register with Servify https://servify.in/blog/how-to-register-for-servifys-oneplus-care/

Like you said your phone is dead so you would still need an Android phone to register with Servify.

1. Download OnePlus Care
    2. Run the app Click on + ADD
    3. Select OnePlus 3 in the Select Product options
    4. Choose Device in Warranty YES and Enter the Device Name and Model No SI No. IMEI which will be available behind the phone or check your box.
    5. Upload the copy of the bill.

Only after this you can go and claim for the accidental damage.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016

7. alfonsomorabito
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2016

8. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2016

ronaksworld , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I noticed this issue on the 2nd day after consulting it was decided and i spoke to amazon and got a complete refund i suggest you do the same.,

As OnePlus service center had said to someone in 2014 that only if there minimum 4 such spots its consider faulty display.

9. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2016

nilrb , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Don't know this sort of issues/defects crop up in every brand or specifically to OP - however, would dent the confidence of prospective buyers.:(

Note : I never experienced dead pixels on any mobile/ computer I bought or held till date except my iMac in way back 2005.:p

ronaksworld likes this.
  10. alfonsomorabito
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

alfonsomorabito , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I have found the problem after 30 minutes that was in my hand. I immediately notified the matter to customer support OnePlus Friday night and I'm waiting for an answer sostituazione. In Italy in the first 15 days of purchase, you can return the product.

11. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jul 11, 2016

ronaksworld , Jul 11, 2016 :
    Sweet go for Refund Option then, anyways what are the special offers that you have received with the device?

12. Ravi Nelluri Chowdary
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2016

13. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2016

ronaksworld , Jul 20, 2016 :
    ye well there are faulty devices in the market too that is what this post is made to check if you endup with something like this.

14. arshu16
    Froyo Nov 10, 2016

arshu16 , Nov 10, 2016 :
    I also have one stuck red pixel visible on a black background. How should I go about this? I contacted oneplus on live chat to no avail. Should I directly go to their service center?