Oneplus 3 dm-verity verification failed when i boot

1. G_Massimiliano_Emme_sezX Froyo Dec 1, 2016

G_Massimiliano_Emme_sezX, Dec 1, 2016 :
    hello everyone, I managed to upgrade to the nougat beta 8 and everything is working well..i just have an issue when i reboot: i have a red message saying me dm-verification failed and so on..

What does it mean? How can i fix it?

I have an unrooted phone, unlocked and with the oneplus recovery, not the trwp one.

Thank you for any advice..

INIYAN.V.S, laurenzo87 and Techder like this.
  2. ghostofcain Marshmallow Dec 1, 2016

ghostofcain, Dec 1, 2016 :
    It's because you've got twrp installed, o lying solution is to go back to stock recovery.

3. xVeenix Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

xVeenix, Dec 1, 2016 :
    i have same issue. don't worry about that :) i was talking yesterday on live chat about that and they said me that if I want to remove this "screen" then I must come again to live chat and ask about remove this with "Lvl 2 tech" and he will remove it remotely or will give u step by step tutorial and helping u all the time :)

4. G_Massimiliano_Emme_sezX Froyo Dec 1, 2016

5. xVeenix Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

xVeenix, Dec 1, 2016 :
    go to fastboot mode and flash stock recovery image then reboot recovery and done. u have stock recovery again

6. G_Massimiliano_Emme_sezX Froyo Dec 1, 2016

7. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

cezarvrabie, Dec 1, 2016 :
    Flashing the stock recovery that OnePlus has on http://downloads.oneplus.net/ is not going to work. I've tried it and when I boot into the recovery it just shows a black screen. To fix this just go back in fastboot and flash twrp again. We actually need a newer version of the recovery. The older ones don't have an option to install a zip from internal storage.

laurenzo87 and yolomofo like this.
  8. xVeenix Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

xVeenix, Dec 1, 2016 :
    I flash back from twrp to stock using fastboot flash recovery and it worked for me and now I have stock recovery so maybe you have some problem with drivers or something

9. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

You were on the Nougat beta build when you did that?

10. xVeenix Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

xVeenix, Dec 1, 2016 :
    go to live chat and ask to help with removing this screen "DM". reflashing recovery can't help you with this. trust me. don't be scared about live chat - they are really nice and helpful :)

laurenzo87 and yolomofo like this.
  11. filipe.aparicio Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

filipe.aparicio, Dec 1, 2016 :
    It's possible follow guide on my signature.

12. xVeenix Cupcake Dec 1, 2016

xVeenix, Dec 1, 2016 :
    yes

13. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

Can you backup the stock recovery in the Nougat build? The recovery that is posted on http://downloads.oneplus.net/ is version 1.0.0, so im pretty sure that it should say another version number on the Nougat build recovery.

14. filipe.aparicio Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

Exactly, it should be version 2.0, which is what the recovery updates to once you flash Beta 8.

How do you backup the recovery? If you tell me how I'll gladly share it here :)

15. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

That's actually what I'm trying to find out. Are you currently rooted?

filipe.aparicio likes this.
  16. filipe.aparicio Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

I am.

17. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

Try this. Download Flashify from the play store. When the app opened up grant it root permission, then go to Backup/Restore then to Backup current recovery

18. master93 Eclair Dec 1, 2016

master93, Dec 1, 2016 :
    I have solved in this way:
    1. Sideload OxygenOS 3.2.6 from TWRP
    2. Flash stock recovery from OnePlus downloads
    3. Sideload from stock recovery Open Beta 8
    Stock recovery is rewritten by new recovery and no more dm error ;)

19. filipe.aparicio Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

That's exactly correct :)

20. filipe.aparicio Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

I was just doing that before I saw your comment! I was able to backup my recovery but it's not a .img file. Also it's 64mb while it should only be 19mb so I assure there's more information in the file. I'm a bit reluctant on sharing it here because it might contain information specific to my device.

I'm looking for another way to extract the .img file and will reply once I found a solution. In the meantime, if you'd like to get it back on Beta 8, you could try following my guide here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-op3-flashing-stock-recovery-on-community-builds.476909/