OnePlus 3 GBP Pricing Change from July 11

1. gringoboy KitKat Jul 5, 2016

gringoboy, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Nobody is panicking, but there has been a significant and sustained loss to the pound's value. While the FTSE 100 has regained ground, shares are now much lower in companies that trade pretty much exclusively in the UK. I'm sure in the longer term stuff will recover a bit, but for the next few years, things are going to be more expensive, especially the things we import. Which is pretty much everything apart from insurance!

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. Robxxx7 Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

pepinmen and ilovesoneplus like this.
  3. eye842 KitKat Jul 5, 2016

4. Tyronnster Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2016

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  5. gringoboy KitKat Jul 5, 2016

gringoboy, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Why lol? Do the arithmetic.

6. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jul 5, 2016

dsmonteiro, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Losing 1.74% as of now.
    I think the post is pretty straightforward. If you order before July 11, you pay the current price.
    As talked many times before, EU price has included VAT while US prices do not. As for the GB price, the difference to the new price is only 14€ according to today's exchange rate.
    On June 14 (the day the phone was released) the GBP was worth 1.4207 USD. Today, it's worth 1.3049 USD. This is almost 10% in 3 weeks. How is this recovering quite well? Others
    This happened to the EU as well last year with the OnePlus 2. As other users already explained, it has nothing to do with Brexit, it has to do with the current USD-GBP exchange rate.

takenatdawn and redleema like this.
  7. Shuller Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

Shuller, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Put the price £399...))

Eur to USD is not 1:1... you changed Price like this when EUR felt to 1.04... now it is 1.11-1.14... however price is still same as in USD equivalent...

8. tezzaB Froyo Jul 5, 2016

tezzaB, Jul 5, 2016 :
    OK, @dsmonteiro , you answered the second part of my question - now how about the first?
    "@David S. How about being open and honest about when our phones will be delivered then. Still waiting for my phone that was ordered and paid for on the 14th June ... ?"

pepinmen likes this.
  9. ilovesoneplus Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

ilovesoneplus, Jul 5, 2016 :
    I know very well its nothing 2 do with Brexit lol,its the fact people are panicking cus the £ has dropped a bit,when it picks up again will the price drop? #paniconthestreetsofLondon as Morrissey said lol

10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jul 5, 2016

dsmonteiro, Jul 5, 2016 :
    No idea as I don't work for OnePlus, but I think they've already addressed this in a thread.
    A bit is quite an understatement. For many businesses, 10% is difference between making profit or having losses. But yes, that's a very valid question. The Euro didn't recover so there was no price drop so we don't have that as an example.

11. Joyyy Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

Joyyy, Jul 5, 2016 :
    And your still on this forum because?

catfeelmyrawr likes this.
  12. theapu Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

13. Robxxx7 Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

Robxxx7, Jul 5, 2016 :
    Because I choose to ..... Is that OK with you ?

14. Freddoo Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Freddoo, Jul 5, 2016 :
    I ordered mine an hour ago and I have been quoted a 13th July shipping date, maybe you should cancel and re order?

15. MafiaTechTeam Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

MafiaTechTeam, Jul 5, 2016 :
    clearly the margins are large enough to asborb the change without negativley affecting them,

16. MafiaTechTeam Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

MafiaTechTeam, Jul 5, 2016 :
    per phone

17. Daley87 Eclair Jul 5, 2016

Daley87, Jul 5, 2016 :
    At the current value of the pound compared to the dollar we would still be paying more than the US at the current £309 price so in all honesty why is it you cannot afford to sell the OP3 at £309 ($402.92)? But can afford to sell it to Americans at $399?
    If the pounds value lowered further I could understand increases in line with keeping the UK price the same as the US price however a £20 hike in price seems unjustified at this point. Seems more like a ploy to grab a butt load of UK sales from now until Sunday evening, then just charging more.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

18. pollheimer Donut Jul 5, 2016

pollheimer, Jul 5, 2016 :
    I ordered mine on the 26th June.No communication, no delivery. Awful patronising and uninformative customer care when I ring up to find out where my phone is. They told me I was being prioritised. Checked today, and dispatch due on 8th July, expected delivery on 13th.
    I don' t think you have your capacity issues sorted out. Don't ask for more orders before prices go up when you can't deliver in a timely fashion. Your capacity and distribution strategies are very poor, as is your customer care, which is a shame when you have a good product.

pepinmen and ilovesoneplus like this.
  19. KeyperOS Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

KeyperOS, Jul 5, 2016 :
    It has been answered multiple times already, the EU (including the UK) stores have the VAT value added at the displayed price whereas in the US stores, the displayed price is pre-tax.
    In simpler terms:
    The 309 GBP is price of phone including tax (VAT).
    The 399 USD is price of phone before tax.

tesshan likes this.
  20. ilovesoneplus Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

patrice58 and Joyyy like this.