Third Party Software Oneplus 3 - Issue with bluetooth (Media Nav)

1. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

alejandrojdf , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Hi,

I´m experiencing an issue when trying to pair my OP3 to my Renault Media Nav system using bluetooth (for streaming, making calls...).

The devices make the connection succesfully, but after one or two seconds, immediately the bluetooth connection is dropped, appearing in the media nav screen the message "your device has been disconnected", this happens every time I try to connect both devices.

I have already uptaded my Oxygen OS and my media nav software to the latests versions and the problem perists, this is really frustrating.

I use to have a nexus 5 (no root, updated to the latest version), and I haven't experienced this problem, I use to have some connections drops, but overall the system was working fine.

Does anyone have experienced some bluetooth problems with the Oneplus 3?

Any help would be really apreciated.

2. Michele D.
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

Michele D. , Jun 29, 2016 :
    I have the same problem....i can't pair the oneplus3 with Medianav...
    There weren't issues pairing my nexus 5 with Medianav

3. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

alejandrojdf , Jun 29, 2016 :
    I've opened a ticket to Oneplus official support and I got a really lame answer:
    "This is a compatibility problem. The One Plus is not compatible with all car brands. It conects, but finally you can get errors"

I ask then for a solution to this, and if this means I will not be able to use the system in the future, and they replied:
    "We cannot guarantee anything. We are working to solve the incident. But it can take some time because it depends on Renault too"

This is really disappointing...

4. Michele D.
    Froyo Jun 29, 2016

5. Ronny Holtmaat
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2016

6. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jun 30, 2016

alejandrojdf , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I'm starting to thing on maybe return the phone and get another one, maybe this is just matter of time before they find a solution, but not be able to use the BT on my car is really a deal break...

7. djé59
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

djé59 , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Bonjour est ce que quelqu'un sait pourquoi mon OP3 ne détecte aucuns appareils en activant le mode Bluetooth?
    Merci

8. F_Aleksandr_Tsirkunov_ZT
    Eclair Jun 30, 2016

F_Aleksandr_Tsirkunov_ZT , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I have same issue with my OnePlus3 and Renault MediaNav. This is a deal-breaker... I am not able to properly use the phone in case Bluetooth is not working.

Please provide solution to this issue or I will have to think about returning the phone, since taking calls in the car is a must for me.

9. ad77
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2016

ad77 , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I had same bluetooth issue while connecting OP3 to Renault Media nav. Raised a case with OP support and response was: I would like to inform you to please check the car Bluetooth is compatible with the device Bluetooth version or not.
    Media Nav has updated software and is able to connect to my old phone (Android 5, windows phone and iphone). Only OP3 is having this issue.
    Same issue exists with OP2 + Media nav combination.
    OP Support did not even try to resolve/troubleshoot the issue. Hence i did not want to break my head on finding for a solution on their device at my cost.
    Returned it back.

10. Michele D.
    Froyo Jun 30, 2016

Michele D. , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I have contacted both medianav and oneplus support...
    The oneplus support said that the developers are working to fix this, the Medianav support said that i have to check on their site if it's supported......
    I sent both debug.log from my Medianav where i found that the pairing is stucking on "LastCall" request

11. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jul 1, 2016

alejandrojdf , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Hi Michelle,

Did Oneplus or Medianav support gave you any feedback about the issue or an ETA for the solution?

Like some other users, I'm really starting to think on returning back the phone.

12. Michele D.
    Froyo Jul 1, 2016

Michele D. , Jul 1, 2016 :
    They haven't say anything about an ETA for the solution....
    The MediaNav support said only that the device is not in the bluetooth support list..The OnePlus team said that the team is working to fix

13. Bryserker
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

Bryserker , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I'm facing the same problem with my OP3 + Media Nav combo. I've tried everything I could think of, and although everything else about the phone is great I'm starting to wonder wether I should keep it.. 75% of my calls are made from the car, which is now impossible.

14. cerenas
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

cerenas , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Same issue here. Updated my MediaNav to latest version that Renault provided and also updated my OP3 to 3.2.0 this morning, but the problem still exists...

Hopefully their promise is right and there will be a fix soon. I'm using an audio cable for the time being (at least for music). I love this phone to much to return it. :p

15. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

alejandrojdf , Jul 5, 2016 :
    So dissapointing, I just updated my OP3 to 3.2.0 too hoping that maybe that would fix the problem... But you already do that :(

As you say, hopefully they will keep working to solve that.

I also raised a ticket to Media Nav support and they answer is even worst than One Plus, they said that the compatibility of my device has not been tested by Renault, so they cannot guarantee the correct functioning. And they sent me a document with the devices that are compatible with MEDIA NAV, that has not been updated since May 2015 o_O even the NEXUS 5X is not in the list!!! :D

16. cerenas
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

cerenas , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I don't think Renault will even update their systems now, since the new cars of Renault have MediaNav Evolution. Even though my Clio is from June 2015...

17. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

Same as me, my Dacia does not have even one year old... and the Media Nav system seems to be already out of support from Renault, it's really frustrating...

18. F_Aleksandr_Tsirkunov_ZT
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

F_Aleksandr_Tsirkunov_ZT , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Same, my Clio is from September 2015 and has old Media Nav. Car not even a year old has a software problem... not OK.

19. alejandrojdf
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

I don't know if there is any way to raise a group complaint to Renault for not giving the right support to the customers... We all have devices that meet the hardware and software requirements (Android > 4.0.0, Bluetooth, etc...), so this should be resolved with a quick fix update.

20. Difficultrogue
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

Difficultrogue , Jul 5, 2016 :
    My van/medianav is booked in to main dealer this Thursday

I will let you know how I get on!