Battery/Charging Oneplus 3 NOT TURNING ON !!

1. 50000wins
    Froyo Jun 3, 2018

50000wins , Jun 3, 2018 :
    I've had my oneplus 3 for almost 2 years now and its been running smoothly without problems until now. I've noticed that when the battery reaches 0%, it becomes difficult to restart the phone. It takes Holding the power button for long periods of time, and many attempts at bringing it back up. Although the phone works perfectly after the restart, as it reaches 0% it becomes very tough to bring it to service.

This time, the phone will not start! The LED light switch does not work, and the startup icon doesnt even come up. Recently brought it to a cell phone repair store, and got news that it is probably a motherboard problem. They recommend that I get a new phone and not invest any money trying to repair the oneplus 3 :(

I've had the Oneplus One, and brother has had the Oneplus 2, both of whom have been working for over 3 to 4 years. I wonder why these problems are coming up in this phone :(

I've read a handful of people having the same problem on forums, I wonder if this is a QA problem with the Oneplus 3. I don't want to and this its not worth the $300 repair for the motherboard. If you have the same problem please comment!

PLEASE HELP ! I want to revive this phone and my DATA!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018

2. Coaster1887
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2018

Coaster1887 , Jun 3, 2018 :
    Hi there,

i had this issue with another device. The solution in my case was to upscrew the device and then disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Its not that dissicult at the OP3. Then wait some minutes and connect it again. Then load the device for a longer time.
    After that my device started and worked regular.
    I think this will work for your device too, if this is not the case you can try to replace the battery.

But please: Do never deep discharge a Li-ion battery again! It get killed by this.. :(

dineshsp04, 50000wins and PTuT like this.
  3. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2018

PTuT , Jun 6, 2018 :
    If battery is properly working, it won't allow you to totally discharge Li-ion as it is dangerous itself. I usually do not leave battery to go down to 0% but many times it goes somewhere between 1 and 5 without issue.

However, I like your personal experience with disconnecting battery to fix similar problem.

Coaster1887 likes this.
  4. LoveIsAllAroundTheWorld
    Eclair Jun 6, 2018

Attached Files:

GURVIR.SINGH and 50000wins like this.
  5. 50000wins
    Froyo Jun 7, 2018

50000wins , Jun 7, 2018 :
    I bought a new battery, installed it and let it charge. It is still not working :(
    I truly think the motherboard is fried.

6. 50000wins
    Froyo Jun 7, 2018

50000wins , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Glad to know I'm not the only person struggling ! I contacted customer service as well and was notified that It would cost around $300 to fix the device (which is not worth it !) I really want to fix this device and get my data back as well ! Keep me posted if you find a solution to this problem !!

GURVIR.SINGH likes this.
  7. LoveIsAllAroundTheWorld
    Eclair Jun 8, 2018

LoveIsAllAroundTheWorld , Jun 8, 2018 :
    The problem occurred because of the latest update. They should not charge you and that’s quite expensive for deleting our own data. No suitable word to say.

50000wins likes this.
  8. 50000wins
    Froyo Jun 8, 2018

50000wins , Jun 8, 2018 :
    It is quite the coincidence that this happened right at the time of the update. I remember that I didnt get around to updating it to the new software. Maybe it is trying to update the phone after restart and causing problems. Did you happen to contact Oneplus Service to submit the problem?

9. frozenskiez
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

frozenskiez , Jun 11, 2018 :
    having the same problem. after i updated to 5.0.3 the phone crashed constantly, and now it won't even turn on. completely bricked.

50000wins likes this.
  10. LoveIsAllAroundTheWorld
    Eclair Jun 13, 2018

LoveIsAllAroundTheWorld , Jun 13, 2018 :
    Already contact. The only way I can do is send my phone and have it format.

50000wins likes this.
  11. 50000wins
    Froyo Jun 13, 2018

50000wins , Jun 13, 2018 :
    I ended up buying the OnePlus 6, most likely going to return it now since I was more then satisfied with my OnePlus 3. I notiflced that most credit cards have a warranty period of additional 12 months, so even if they have to replace the motherboard it shouldn't be a problem.

Due to my return of OnePlus 6, do you think I will be charged for shipping it back?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

12. itzi.gandarias
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2018

itzi.gandarias , Aug 28, 2018 :
    Hi, I have the same problem. the phone does not charge and does not turn on, a second low battery screen appears. How can it be fixed? thanks!

13. TemplarSniper
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

TemplarSniper , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Same problem here and even got a weird blue voltage charging screen never seen before and even after 4 to 6 hrs of charge after new battery went from 50% to 0% and charged for 4 to 6 I get nothing.