OnePlus 3 OOS Beta 12 - Personal Review

1. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

Saurabh40629 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    A couple of misconception in your evaluation.
    1. Doze and aggressive doze : Doze helps your device sleep and provide better standby if it sees device is not being used by checking sensors. But the problem is, your device needs longer to evaluate if it's really stationary and not being used.
    With aggressive doze, this mode kicks faster, not sure how soon. So I don't think it causes any issue, except missed notification sometimes.
    2. Hibernation : hibernation doesn't use more resource, cpu and battery, restart does. What hibernation does is, it saves the state of app and puts it into sleep. When you open it, it doesn't load from scratch, it just loads the previous state and you are from where you left off. So the benefit is that apps are not running all the time and not using resource, data and cpu power. This has been the main idea behind widely popular greenify app.
    I can't say anything about your personal reviews and experience, just putting the fact.

Kiran.a.joseph likes this.
  2. snabb
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

snabb , Mar 8, 2017 :
    stable

3. tedulus
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

tedulus , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Can you please tell me your setup ?

4. G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

5. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

lafaelbandeila , Mar 8, 2017 :
    The stable, although I think the beta is MUCH better.

6. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

Something is wrong with your apps, perhaps. Do you mind telling us what are your five biggest juicedrinkers?

7. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

Beta Oxygen, mate. Gotta test 'em all.

G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF likes this.
  8. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

A couple of misconceptions in your evaluation of my evaluation.
    1. Doze mode operates that way you said it does, but notice how I emphasised the Light Doze Mode, that is a lighter version of doze that kicks in every time your turn off the screen. It stops non-vital processes and handles the CPU calls with less frequency.
    2. Hibernation isn't directly responsible about the CPU throttles and wake-ups, but every time an app tries to restart, hibernation uses resource to put it down. Not stating even how much more juice the system needs to start an app after it's been fully hibernated.
    Can't say anything about your personal evaluations and experience, just putting the facts.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

Dresa91 likes this.
  9. G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

10. G_Saikat_Srkian_Hzpb
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

11. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

Well, then read the fact
    1. Light Doze Mode doesn't kick off as soon as your screen goes off, that's hibernation. Doze mode works based on sensor and after a longer period of time, aggressive doze mode kicks off faster.
    2. No, every time an app starts, hibernation doesn't try to put it down. It does only when screen is off and device is in doze mode . Or when u do it manually with root and app.
    Fact from an article : This means that Doze doesn’t come into effect while your phone is idle in your pocket or when the screen is on – the screen must be off for an extended period. This is a disappointing aspect of its functionality that Greenify doesn't suffer from.
    Source

12. bpwest80
    KitKat Mar 8, 2017

bpwest80 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    I thought forcing GPU rendering used more battery? It does make things run smoother but at what cost? I don't know if it really uses more battery or not. Does anyone know for sure? I also heard it has drawbacks but I can't speak on that because I've not tried it.

13. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

Haven't noticed any differences in smoothness and battery drain, but I haven't used without it on the current version, so I can't be certain.

14. lafaelbandeila
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

Mate, all you're saying regards only Marshmallow. Light Doze was implemented only in Nougat, which disregards your Source. I agree Agressive Doze Mode kicks in a lot faster, the problem is that it hibernates the apps altogether (the reason why we had a lot of people complaining about notifications). Light Doze Mode kicks in faster than Deep Doze and slower than Agressive Doze. It doesn't consider the sensors, which means the phone doesn't necessarily need to be stationary. It also ignores most of the requests for resources, save from brief windows of network exchange and etc, handled by Android.

Agressive Doze doesn't work only with the screen off, it works with anything in the background. To help shutting down people that are restarting, the OP team added the "App-lauch" feature. So, yeah, it tries to shut the app down every time it tries to restart in the background.

15. G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF , Mar 8, 2017 :
    8 hours? really? I want that lol

16. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

Give source or it's just a made up theory . I have been rooting, using android, custom ROMs from 3 years. Just got device 2 weeks back, so don't know about 3t that much but your points do not make sense, hence asking where did you get these points or facts.

17. hugoaferreira
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

hugoaferreira , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Android system
    Android OS
    screen
    Google play services
    Google app

18. SatriaPr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2017

SatriaPr , Mar 8, 2017 :
    I'm in beta 12

19. darius1988
    KitKat Mar 8, 2017

darius1988 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    yess dude, but today I had to do a Factory reset because the phone got really llaging , issues with wifi, batterry drain ...now I must wait few cicles to see how work batterry...

20. G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF
    Gingerbread Mar 9, 2017

G_Alejo_HiGuera_MXNF , Mar 9, 2017 :
    well I wanna check the results [e]1f44d[/e]