OnePlus 3 or iPhone 6s Plus?

1. eobrien84
    Froyo Sep 26, 2016

eobrien84 , Sep 26, 2016 :
    I'm still rocking my OPO, but am looking to upgrade soon. I will be keeping my OPO as a backup/ROMing phone and am trying to decide between the OP3 and iPhone 6s Plus for my daily driver. Looking at prices, I can get a good condition 6s Plus for between $450-$500, so the cost difference really isn't that much.

I would keep the OP3 stock but root for Xposed and would jailbreak the iPhone. Which should I go with and what are the compelling reasons for either?

2. RooSalad
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2016

RooSalad , Sep 26, 2016 :
    Are you just tired of the OPO? Why do you need to upgrade?
    If anything upgrade to the OP2 or OP3 (OP3 is a wonderful piece to upgrade to from the OPO, I did it myself).

Sorry, but I refuse to suggest Apple to anyone, especially to those who've used android before, and are familiar with it.

If you're looking for compelling reasons, literally google anything related to "OnePlus 3 review" or specs, or comparisons, or hardware, or software, or OOS, etc, etc.

mrambriz likes this.
  3. ivishal2k
    Donut Sep 26, 2016

ivishal2k , Sep 26, 2016 :
    Just go the for OP3 without any second thought. Its an excellent combination of design and aesthetics, that too at moderate price point. You wont regret this purchase.
    Meanwhile, I would also like to point out certain issues "in common" with Android phones. I was using Google Nexus 4 for last 3 years without any issue and getting OTAs as well till Android 5.1. But suddenly the phone starts rebooting on its own. Initially I thought of it as a battery issue but even after replacing with new battery, the problem remains. Doing soft/hard reset, wiping cache etc doesn't result into any luck. So I have to look for a new mate and I found OP3 as per my needs. At the same time, when I spoke to few iPhone users who are using iPhones for 4-5 years, they never face such issues like overheating, reboot etc and the phone just works like charm as long as there are no physical damage. This is the only point which I feel where iOS have an edge over Android.

4. eobrien84
    Froyo Sep 26, 2016

eobrien84 , Sep 26, 2016 :
    My OPO has a few bugs, nothing big but a little annoying. The main reason is I want to do a lot more testing ROMs and maybe get into a little developing but don't want to use my main phone for that.

I'm not anti-iOS by any means. There are things I like about both OSes.

5. kryshnakishore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2016

6. justinparkk
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2016

justinparkk , Sep 26, 2016 :
    Been with iPhone for a while. Last android I had was the OPO but decided to sell and switch back. My OP3 is on the way (hopefully). Honestly, iOS get's boring quick. Can't "make it your own". Sure, you can try to jailbreak it but it becomes a hassle because you won't be able to update to the latest and greatest software until they release a jailbreak for it (which is taking more and more time because Apple is working harder to patch them up).

If you're someone who just wants things to work, go iOS. But if you're an adventurer, go OP3, especially because i hear that it has the smoothest UI experience of any android out there (biggest issue i had with android).

7. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Sep 26, 2016

8. vn75insider
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2016

vn75insider , Sep 26, 2016 :
    At the time you pay your Nexus4 for$249-$299 Iphone's fanboy emptied their pockets to have Iphone5 for $650 !!!
    As for me,my Nexus 5/$349 + Oneplus One/$300 ($650) have been knocking down the Iphone 5/$650+Iphone 5s/$650 (1,300).How many people knew these competitions ? All of them in excellent condition.

9. G_Christopher_Wortman_tv
    Froyo Sep 30, 2016

G_Christopher_Wortman_tv , Sep 30, 2016 :
    As an owner of both iPhone SE and OP3, it really depends on what you want to use it for. iPhone if you want stability, and plan on using things like (insertdevice)pay and dont plan on rooting or installing roms or any of that. OP3 if you want a Nexus like experience where you install roms and hack about. I own both for various reasons.

10. eobrien84
    Froyo Oct 13, 2016

eobrien84 , Oct 13, 2016 :
    I just bought the 6 plus on eBay for a pretty cheap price. It should arrive Monday and I'll compare the two. I'll be jailbreaking it so I can get the functionality of some of my Xposed modules (YouTube adaway, YouTube background play) and AdAway.

11. ramalama
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2016

ramalama , Oct 13, 2016 :
    I have an iPhone 6 here,
    If you want go bugfree, without hassle and good camera, for everyday phone buy the iPhone.

If you want modifications, testing roms, etc...
    A fast device, with fast charging, where you never run out of battery (thx dash), buy the oneplus 3...

I have here 2x op3, one with 3.2.7 and the other with 3.5.3.
    And i looked what I use...
    The 3.2.7 device, never, because oxygen 3.5.3 is superior in comparison to 3.2.7 ...

So I'm using as daily driver the op3 with 3.5.3...
    If i want to make videos, I'm using the iPhone, because op3 is a fail in video recording.
    But the iPhone is just lying around, because it's somehow extremely boring...

So I prefer the op3, because ios is boring...
    Even ios with a jailbreak is boring.

But how i said, if you want a hassle-free phone, buy the iPhone.

Cheers :)

mrambriz and SimonRam like this.
  12. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 13, 2016

Ceasedd , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Samsung Note 7 :rolleyes: @DyingASlowTouchwizDeath swears by it:p

Horsault and sfomin like this.
  13. Helbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2016

Helbro , Oct 13, 2016 :
    I got a iPhone 6 from work but as soon as I got my OP3 with 2 SIM trays I abadoned my iPhone and now it rests in peace in my drawer... just to boring and to low on battery... I had to charge it roughly 2 times at work but my OP3 brings me trough the day and evening with ease.

14. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 13, 2016

Horsault and Ceasedd like this.
  15. cvigneron

mrambriz and Ceasedd like this.
  16. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 13, 2016

Ceasedd , Oct 13, 2016 :
    I'm gonna GTFO! Before the explosion!:DMay I suggest putting your Samsung in water,expose the Lithium while you're at it.;)

sfomin and mrambriz like this.
  17. Helbro

Helbro , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Gosh that fangurls defending a allready dead Note 7 are so sweet... :rolleyes:

#waitsforcrybabyreplycomplainingaboutdefendingtheop3

18. mrambriz
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2016

mrambriz , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Why not both?
    [​IMG]

19. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 14, 2016

sfomin , Oct 14, 2016 :
    [​IMG]