OnePlus 3 original battery degrades quickly?

1. joem01
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2016

joem01 , Nov 22, 2016 :
    I'm getting decent battery life on mine. I don't game on it or anything, but apples to apples it's definitely better than my 6P was. I loved that phone, but my biggest complaint was the battery was wildly erratic and the pics, while excellent, took too long to capture.

2. djmfire
    KitKat Nov 22, 2016

djmfire , Nov 22, 2016 :
    It ESTIMATES and you have used it for ONE WEEK.....and have come to the conclusion your battery degrades quick. By your estimates you will not be able to use your phone in approximately 20 months as you will not get enough charge. Sound likely? Or possible? No. It's an app. And a crap one.

3. dimitar33
    Froyo Nov 22, 2016

dimitar33 , Nov 22, 2016 :
    My OP3 is brand new, 2 days old.

You can see the screenshot, it cannot degrade that quickly. Either the app is faulty or the battery was never 3000mah originally.

[​IMG]

4. Tonybarnaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2016

Tonybarnaby , Nov 22, 2016 :
    It shows this on my wife's s7. This proves it doesn't short ALL phones

Attached Files:

5. dimitar33
    Froyo Nov 22, 2016

It should be something with Dash Charhing as this app estimates are based on the charging.

Dash somehow makes the app faulty. My phone is brand new not possible to lose 10% health in 2 days.

6. Tonybarnaby

How so? If the phone is filled 100% and it only took 2700mah to do it, that shows the capacity is 2700. Dash charge has nothing to do with capacity.

7. dimitar33
    Froyo Nov 22, 2016

The phone is not 3000 then but 2700.

Still I get 5 hours of SOT so happy with battery.

8. Tonybarnaby

Some people barely get half that if they are power users. 3000mah + full HD screen should give everyone solid battery life, regardless of usage. I'm not saying OnePlus shorted us, but it seems like something is up. Why do none of our phones show even close to full capacity? I'll contact the developer and see if it could be a glitch in how OnePlus reports statistics. Hopefully we get an answer to our leprechaun hunt.

robbiegast and j244 like this.
  9. dimitar33
    Froyo Nov 22, 2016

Okay, get back to us after you contact the developer.

I use only Wi Fi and don't play games or watch videos so sometimes i get more than 6 hours SOT.

If I used 3G or 4G internet and played games I would barely get 2.5 hours of SOT.

10. Tonybarnaby

11. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 22, 2016 :
    Why don't you look in Account Settings | Email Address.

I mean you must be the dev, right? This app is the only thing you pimp more than your wife's S7. How many downloads did you get out of this little rant anyway?

jstepa and theshinybeast like this.
  12. Tonybarnaby

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You seem to have some animosity. I'm not the developer, just another disappointed OnePlus buyer. What do you mean account settings / email address? I don't have a Reddit account so I can see any settings.

13. robbiegast
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2016

robbiegast , Nov 22, 2016 :
    support@accubatteryapp.com

14. Tonybarnaby

15. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2016

When someone signs up for an account on a forum, and makes literally dozens of posts within a few days singing the praises of a particular product, or 'suggesting' that people should try it out, maybe, you know, if they like, that can sometimes tend towards setting off a few alarm bells.

Welcome to the new world of hyper-accelerated cynicism on the Internet in 2016. It's the same reason I'm accused by barely literate troglodytes of being a fascist corporate dick-sucking fanboy shill a couple of dozen times per week.

astroturfing
    ˈastrəʊtəːfɪŋ/
    noun
    1. the deceptive practice of presenting an orchestrated marketing or public relations campaign in the guise of unsolicited comments from members of the public.
    Maybe you just really like this app, anything is possible. I mean, Leicester have just qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League - who would have predicted that 6 months ago?

jstepa, weedee and theshinybeast like this.
  16. Tonybarnaby

17. Tonybarnaby

Spurs or nothing! Ha

I get it that it does appear I am pimping this app. I won't deny that. Considering most people will get the free app and then delete it, I'm not really helping the developer. I got my OnePlus because it was cheap, and I expected great battery life from the low power screen. It doesn't add up, that's why I'm posting so much in this thread. I emailed the developer, as well as linked this thread. I'll post any replies I get. Maybe he'll even sign up here and post. That'd be a shit show lol.

18. Tonybarnaby

Battery is currently at 81%. Once it hits 76, I will clear accubattery cache and charge to 100 to simulate what I did with s7. Results will follow once it's done.

19. kylesweet
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2016

kylesweet , Nov 22, 2016 :
    You guys do realize that the battery apps use readings from the phone's hardware? They are real, and yes, they are based on science. There are errors, however, which are accumulated over the many samples that are taken by these apps. And the readings can only be pulled every so often. The accumulation of errors will be different for every phone make, model, and even to some extent, serial number.

Lithium batteries that are charged and discharged every day certainly lose capacity. 10% is kind of a lot of degradation in only 3 months, though.

The results from the app would be a lot more meaningful if you had the app running for the first few days you had the phone. That would let you sort of calibrate the app to a known (assumed) battery capacity.

20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2016

Not a fan, exactly, but I had high hopes for them after their awesome league run last season.

As The Saint & Greavsie used to say, "it's a funny old game".

theshinybeast likes this.