Other

OnePlus 3 overheat and I suspect the battery swell up even when phone is off.

1. WMChia Cupcake Jul 5, 2019

WMChia, Jul 5, 2019 :
    I have a similar problem with my OnePlus 3.
    I attached the picture so OnePlus can take a look and if they like I can ship the phone to OnePlus at OnePlus's cost. I always use the same charger that came with it no other charger.I use LOCA glue to held it so it won't stretch further but that is not the case here, even when the phone is at off state something underneath continue to swell.

[​IMG]

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2019/07/oneplus-one-catches-fire-the-company-is-investigating.html

2. Paschfire KitKat Jul 6, 2019

Paschfire, Jul 6, 2019 :
    Seriously, glued it?

I suggest you stop using this device immediately, it's an explosion hazzard.

Take or send your device into a OnePlus service center for inspection of possible repairs.

WMChia likes this.
  3. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2019

palc, Jul 9, 2019 :
    honestly, posting here is not helping much. please visit a service center or contact customer care over email or phone. this is a user forum. your issue may fail to get noticed.
    still, I'll tag a few people.

@David Y. @Ruby G. @Manu J. can you check the post please?

WMChia likes this.
  4. Paschfire KitKat Jul 9, 2019

Paschfire, Jul 9, 2019 :
    You shouldn't unnecessary tag OnePlus staff. The suggestion to take the device into a service center was more than a sufficient response.

5. WMChia Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

WMChia, Jul 9, 2019 :
    I like what Palc did. I don't intend to pay and repair the device at this point. I like people to know OnePlus device have overheat problem. This problem isn't just me. It is a wide problem for OnePlus One to 6T. OnePlus need to acknowledge their device problem. I do like OnePlus but problem is problem.

6. Paschfire KitKat Jul 9, 2019

Paschfire, Jul 9, 2019 :
    It is not a widely spread problem at all, pls get your facts straight.

Including the 3/3T device are pushing 3yrs you old now, a battery swelling unfortunately isn't that rare of an issue for a battery being used beyond its estimated usage cycles.

Though you attempting to glueing the display in place and continuing to use the device is a complete safety hazard on your part.

7. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2019

palc, Jul 10, 2019 :
    It wasn't an unnecessary tag. His battery is swelling like a raisin and we didn't prove yet that it's a user-mishandling and not manufacture defect. In few such cases, I've seen the staff escalate the issues for the users after the tags. But no response from them till now means, @WMChia you're probably out of luck here. Service center or an email/call to customer care maybe your key. Though I wouldn't expect OnePlus to pay for anything here until it's proven that it's not due to some mishandling by you - which again needs checks. So, as @Paschfire said, you've to visit Service center nonetheless.
    Although gluing your phone when battery is swelling... Well, not wise, man. You should have visited Service center way earlier instead of hoping for OnePlus to pay for shipping and repairing. In fact, the gluing part decreases your chances for the same.

WMChia and Paschfire like this.
  8. WMChia Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

WMChia, Jul 13, 2019 :

Is not worth it to pay for repair. If OnePlus want to admit they have problem with the product. For their own good. If they want to pay for shipping the phone to them so they can check and inspect their product. I am happy to send it to them.Not just Oneplus3, all the OnePlus phone have the same problems.

9. Android450 Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

Android450, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Good one! I'd agree if it was a wide spread issue but it's not.
    Oh really? If you want to count that OPO that was in the news the other week. That was a 5 year old phone. In total only makes 2 phones out of millions.

Bobbie63 and Intruder71 like this.
  10. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2019

palc, Jul 14, 2019 :
    In that case, I suggest you email some photos to OnePlus customer care and after a day or two call them if they don't reply and refer about the email. That way they'll know your issue. There's hardly any staff on this forum.

WMChia likes this.
  11. WMChia Cupcake Jul 14, 2019

WMChia, Jul 14, 2019 :
    I see. Thank you. palc.