OnePlus 3 Rear Camera Survey

1. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 22, 2016

Adam Krisko , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Hey everyone,

If you remember a few weeks ago, we asked you to fill in a survey about the front/selfie camera. Well, we’re back again to get your feedback on the main/rear camera of the OnePlus 3. The camera team would like to know a little more about how you feel about some of our camera modes/features, and how often you use each. Please follow the link below to give your ratings and share your thoughts!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016

laggard, Archies, bjonkisz and 40 others like this.
  2. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2016

MarkLR , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Video recording is really bad but other than that I'm quite pleased with it. Video stabilization seems bugged and doesn't seem to work at all in 1080p and 720p.

3. landerpiessens
    Eclair Aug 22, 2016

xoma262 likes this.
  4. mrambriz
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2016

5. LammyPictures
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2016

techygeek likes this.
  6. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Aug 22, 2016

Deepak.Si , Aug 22, 2016 :
    You can participate....Say what you feels about the Rear Camera in the Form.

techygeek, mrbearbear and Tobikage like this.
  7. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2016

techygeek likes this.
  8. Deivydas
    Froyo Aug 22, 2016

ratan.paul22 likes this.
  9. adpro
    KitKat Aug 22, 2016

adpro , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Third party manual camera apps don't work properly, especially the slower shutter speeds of 3 seconds or more.
    Something wrong with Camera2 API implementation in OP3? Please look into it.

Also, Introduce a sports mode, if possible, for taking pictures of moving objects.

aenews and techygeek like this.
  10. kalander Shihab
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2016

11. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 22, 2016

otto2 , Aug 22, 2016 :
    @Adam Krisko : Auto Mode could be configurated more ideal for extrem low light situations. Right now it sets ISO way too high,so the pictures are getting noisy ,making same picture in manual mode is showing way better quality. As accessory it would be fine to develop a kind of optical zoom,maybe integrated in a cover, since zooming in will make the picture s quality extremely low. A quick setting integrated in the UI for toggeling RAW Mode would be fine , too. Or, better, the ability to make my own modes (Like sports mode, night mode , etc) and add a programmable toggle button in the UI ,so everyone can set his own modes as he s preferring and can switch as fast as possible between the modes, with the option of enabling/disabeling RAW in the modes, too.

RicoBrassers, asce8, ph0enX and 12 others like this.
  12. Sterats
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2016

Sterats , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Hi I got op3 on the day it was released the camera app did not work it just crashed! Not a problem I said so I downloaded Google camera apk sorted it worked but after the 3.2.2 update the pics have been blured iv tryed multiple camera apps all the same so my marks out of 10 has to be zero!! A shame really as I like the phone

Ozcar, techygeek and meatandy like this.
  13. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 22, 2016

Tobikage , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Dumbest idea ever to remove the option to change photo resolutions from the old camera app.

14. F_Loren_Aparicio_oyZu
    Donut Aug 22, 2016

F_Loren_Aparicio_oyZu , Aug 22, 2016 :
    To me, I like that 60 FPS were implemented in recording 1080, would be great to brush the manual mode, the path of the manual focus option, it seems very short, and it should be enabled the option to use the flash or not in manual mode.
    On the other hand maybe you could afinal stabilization, although I think it should be able to be activated or deactivated at the user.
    Ah, I have never had any crash with the camera, thank you very much for listening and keep well equipment.

aenews, ph0enX, zeljko and 2 others like this.
  15. mrbearbear

mrbearbear , Aug 22, 2016 :
    This is something you should type into the surgery under comments

16. 3lgaro
    Donut Aug 22, 2016

3lgaro , Aug 22, 2016 :
    I want 1080p/60 and 720p/240 slow motion with sound and beauty effect in rear camera. Video chop when take a shot. Improve HDR or include a HDR level effect. The manual mode and fix focus are great.

JJepse, G4B33, sammy7838 and 2 others like this.
  17. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 22, 2016

18. laserjet
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2016

laserjet , Aug 22, 2016 :
    Next update i'm expecting the video recording to be fixed.

Seriously it's terrible.

The pictures are good to amazing

19. aj7400

aj7400 , Aug 22, 2016 :
    1. The pics captured are really blurry .I have to be like damn steady to capture a photo .This applies to both front and rear cameras. 2. The slow mo video is horrible , because its very zoomed in and vision is too small. 3. Include a front flash just like the iphone 6s .. ( well not so difficult , just a white background with full brightness) 4. 1080 p 60fps is not working. 5. Sound captured while video recording is too low and not clear. 6. Include some filters like in devices like xiaomi leeco or iphones.

20. Riordanpett
    Froyo Aug 22, 2016

Riordanpett , Aug 22, 2016 :
    This is based on my Oneplus 3 model and what I have noticed.
    I mean, the camera is brilliant (for the price of the phone itself). I know Carl said he doesn't want to create the best phone in one particular class, but the BEST smartphone. But there's a while to go yet.
    The camera has great dynamic range, though it can blow out a sky in a lot of situations. But can get quite noisy in low light, however the HQ mode is absolutely class-leading and removes a lot of that problem. So, low-light performance isn't my main hate of this device.

My main problem is the stabilsation of the camera itself, and in video recordings. Very choppy. And it seems when you're in low-light, the camera/video output becomes very choppy and jaggedy, almost as if it's dropping frames. Try moving the camera around in good outdoor light, and then in a very dim room. Big difference. Its almost like the camera on the first Galaxy S, just looks really bad.
    Moreover, audio quality on videos is terrible. A higher bitrate and codec would be nice next time. This could be introduced in the next update.

In the next smartphone, I'd like to see a wider aperture, larger pixels and none of them choppy glitches.
    Maybe it's a software problem? Or just my model? But my model has that problem. It's the only thing that really annoys me.
    Sometimes focusing on a moving plant is difficult, but that's okay.
    1080p/60fps and some camera filters would be a nice feature too. Then again, I'm a few updates back, so not sure if it's a thing or not?