OnePlus 3 Rear Camera Survey

1. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2016

AcmE85 , Aug 28, 2016 :
    Photosphere and Panoramas with the Google Camera are still buggy. Only the first image is in focus, all subsequent images are blurry which results in a bad image. Prior to 3.2.2, those modes did not work at all. As usual, this issue does not exist on cm13. Please fix this.

2. gajenderpathak
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2016

gajenderpathak , Aug 28, 2016 :
    In manual mode I can't configure the settings properly. I mean I can only use the predefined ones. Like shutter speed auto, 30 not in between.

3. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2016

saikiran4ever , Aug 28, 2016 :
    Not at all happy with the rear camera. 720p and 1080p videos are worse than a cheap budget phone's cam videos. I was really very happy with the camera of Oneplus one. Missing it...
    Suggestion to @Carl. Please don't keep experimenting with the camera's software. Even 4k video is very bad. It's not always about resolution. It's about clarity of the video. Please compare video quality of 1+3 with that of 1+1 in daylight. You could see the difference.

hogwarts1982 and AcmE85 like this.
  4. Paul013
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2016

5. lewiscoleman
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2016

lewiscoleman , Aug 28, 2016 :
    I experience incredibly choppy and lagging performance from Snapchat, this is an extremely popular application and this is an essential application for me in everyday life, work, personal social, etc. Video performance via the OnePlus camera application is extremely unstable and low light performance could be better. Friends of mine have moved away from OnePlus devices as of the result of this, I really love my OnePlus device apart from the camera. I really hope you guys can fix this with a software updates, please and thank you.

Riordanpett likes this.
  6. lewiscoleman
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2016

lewiscoleman , Aug 28, 2016 :
    I experience incredibly choppy and lagging performance from Snapchat, this is an extremely popular application and this is an essential application for me in everyday life, work, personal social, etc. Video performance via the OnePlus camera application is extremely unstable and low light performance could be better. Friends of mine have moved away from OnePlus devices as of the result of this, I really love my OnePlus device apart from the camera. I really hope you guys can fix this with a software updates, please and thank you.

Riordanpett likes this.
  7. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2016

techygeek likes this.
  8. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2016

MarkLR , Aug 29, 2016 :
    It may be broken and you only realized after the update. Try another app and see what happens, or a factory reset. If it persists it's broken.

otto2 likes this.
  9. metoyz
    Eclair Aug 29, 2016

metoyz , Aug 29, 2016 :
    just stick a while with 3.2.2, camera seems working okay here, waiting for more bug fixes on future updates

10. yooouuri
    Donut Aug 29, 2016

otto2 likes this.
  11. fl4ian
    Eclair Aug 29, 2016

otto2 likes this.
  12. F_Khải_Nguyễn_xakl
    Froyo Aug 29, 2016

F_Khải_Nguyễn_xakl , Aug 29, 2016 :
    Not for me, here is my 4k video sample

vampyren likes this.
  13. lord2bo
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2016

lord2bo , Aug 29, 2016 :
    after 1 week, my rear camera is failing.. i cant start the camera app. please help

14. nauhauser
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2016

nauhauser , Aug 29, 2016 :
    The video stabilisation is horrorable but it doesn´t looks like that the hardware the problem ist I hope the next update will fix this. some phones make better videos without a videostabilisation.

15. G_Ted_G_djbQ
    Froyo Aug 29, 2016

G_Ted_G_djbQ , Aug 29, 2016 :
    You can see here how the whole image itself sort of bends to. Almost like a fish-eye lens effect.

Im going to be issuing a return for my phone today. It breaks my heart cause I really liked it but I can not accept the camera.

16. F_Khải_Nguyễn_xakl
    Froyo Aug 29, 2016

F_Khải_Nguyễn_xakl , Aug 29, 2016 :
    O
    At what minute did you see the fish eye effect? I think it may be because of the ois

17. Leein
    Eclair Aug 29, 2016

18. vampyren
    Froyo Aug 29, 2016

vampyren , Aug 29, 2016 :
    Looks fine to me.

19. G_Ted_G_djbQ
    Froyo Aug 29, 2016

G_Ted_G_djbQ , Aug 29, 2016 :
    Its not exactly the fish-eye effect. Its the only way I know to explain it. It happens during the whole video where the image (as a whole) sort of bends at the edges. again, hard to explain.

20. becnegre
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2016

becnegre , Aug 30, 2016 :
    in one month and half, my camera begin to fail on focus. Phone is on tecnical service ARVATO in Germany. I'm waiting the ONEPLUS for a 3 weeks, and i have no reply about time to return phone ok. For two weeks they only say waiting for spare parts. Is bad my phone fail in only 6 weeks, but is worst to wait 3 weeks for repair and without notice about repair time.

Riordanpett likes this.