Oneplus 3 rear camera wont focus (auto neither manual)

1. Gupts007
    Froyo Aug 24, 2017

Gupts007 , Aug 24, 2017 :
    It is obvious that this is a generic issue with the part that Oneplus so expiration of warranty should not be a point. I just called up that local Oneplus 3 Service Centre in Chandigarh and the bloke says that if my phone is out of warranty (which it is) I need to spend 4500/- bucks to buy the spare that is going to fix the focus issue.

What a farce it is to see that the very people who supported oneplus in becoming what it is today are getting fleeced by the same company for using inferior quality camera components. This same issue is being reported by a huge number of people. My phone is virtually brand new and and has never left its casing. So the loss of camera focus cannot be attributed to anything else like misuse or anything.

Never Oneplus again. I was such a fan. Bought the OPO and now the OP3 but I guess that's it.

Tooony likes this.
  2. Sabbir.Naim
    Eclair Aug 27, 2017

Sabbir.Naim , Aug 27, 2017 :

Try to give some physical knock to your device. watch the video.
    I dont think it's a permanent fix, but It can solve your problem for a while at the time taking some picture.

3. anantjoshi84
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

anantjoshi84 , Sep 4, 2017 :

4. anantjoshi84
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

Attached Files:

5. bivin123
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2017

bivin123 , Sep 6, 2017 :
    Nothing new, something like this happens every time they push some updates. I still cant believe even after the beta programs, there are still bugs like this.

The worse part is that now you guys will have to wait another three months from this bug fix update release date. Its actually effect the total no of updates you guys are gonna receive in 2 years.

6. Gupts007
    Froyo Sep 11, 2017

Gupts007 , Sep 11, 2017 :
    Just a lil update
    Bought a replacement camera module on eBay from a HK seller.. The package got here in under a week.. Took my phone to the local mobile repair shop.. 10 minutes and 250/- bucks later my phone had a new working camera... Screw oneplus for charging 4500/- for a replacement.

7. nilachandan
    Froyo Oct 4, 2017

nilachandan , Oct 4, 2017 :
    I'm also facing the same issue for last one month. Don't know whether it is a software or hardware issue. When the problem surface first, just a simple tap on back of camera could do the focus. But now only attaching the magnet at certain position of rear camera could only solve the problem. That's why I think, its a hardware problem. The service center is asking or Rs. 3200.00 to change the camera module.

But they'll keep the phone for one week at least, to put the official ROM( which I already have) to test the camera module first, and then order the same to replace it. Now I don't have any backup phone to run my Jio sim. Did any one of you, tried to flash Oxygen OS 4.1.4 to see, if its an OS update issue?

8. RL71
    Eclair Oct 31, 2017

RL71 , Oct 31, 2017 :
    Hello,

It is not a software problem. It is hardware (in my opinion). I reached out to Oneplus en they offerend me to send the phone to them. There's no service-/repaircenter in Holland... But I didn't want to be without my telephone for two or more weeks. I found this video and did exactly the same. And quess what?? IT WORKED! My camera is working perfectly again! And it is an easy job to do!

Regards,

Rogier
    The Netherlands

9. G_V_Jay_Patel_IePl
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2018

G_V_Jay_Patel_IePl , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Mine too

10. amandeepsaini11
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2018

amandeepsaini11 , Feb 26, 2018 :
    I contacted customer service they have given me estimate of Rs 3650/-. This is so bad because its a know issue and oneplus is charging for there manufacturing defect.

11. amandeepsaini11
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2018

amandeepsaini11 , Feb 26, 2018 :
    I contacted customer service they have given me estimate of Rs 3650/-. This is so bad because its a know issue and oneplus is charging for there manufacturing defect.

12. S1518351402466
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2018

S1518351402466 , Feb 26, 2018 :
    I have the same problem, what is op making ? I thought there mobile phones were the best one on the market...
    My back camera isn't focusing as well, but my front camera is still okey...
    Do you have any tips for fixing myself

13. ZorgoCrypton
    Froyo Feb 26, 2018

ZorgoCrypton , Feb 26, 2018 :
    Tried it. It's just till the magnet is near the camera module.

14. archiegts
    Donut Feb 26, 2018

archiegts , Feb 26, 2018 :
    Had the same issue back in summer 2017. Sent my device in for repairs, it was picked up by UPS and delivered back to my house door in 3 days time. If your phone still has warranty left, just request a repair either online or by calling your one plus service centre. It did not cost me a cent

15. ma77smith
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2018

ma77smith , Feb 26, 2018 :
    Same issue on 3T, along with two other major issues which make the phone practically useless (Bluetooth issues which mean I can't use the phone in the car, plus audio feedback echo issues which mean unless I plug headphones in I cannot make calls). Terrible, no fixes from what I can see either

16. F_Sanjay_Vasanth_FhyU
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2018

17. alexphl
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2018

alexphl , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Have you tried downgrading? Just so you know if its actually a hardware issue (in which case good luck, i've heard many things about 1+ support but only few were nice)

18. Kaushik.genius
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

Kaushik.genius , Jun 23, 2018 :
    *Important Info* Problem Resolved

After reading through various posts on OnePlus 3 camera focus issue I took my OnePlus 3 to OnePlus authorised service center in Saket, New Delhi. The team was very professional and informed me that a software bug in one of the updates has caused a hardware focus issue in camera module.

OnePlus acknowledges this and has directed all service center to replace the camera module for free even if the phone is out of warranty. Please take your OP3 to the nearest authorised service centre for a free replacement and solution for this problem.

19. Abhishek Anurag
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

Abhishek Anurag , Jun 23, 2018 :
    same problem is also with me in my one plus 3 mobile. after updating new software this problem occurs.

20. Abhishek Anurag
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

Abhishek Anurag , Jun 23, 2018 :
    in patna there is not a single service center......then what I have to do